Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods WHATZIT?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gromit, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Gromit

Gromit

Hey.. been a few years, but looking at building another non resto car. i saw this on f-book.. any idea what it is? weird short cowl, and the roundy slope going to the running board has me curious. rat.jpg

2. It used to be a 1920s Model T Ford roadster.

patmanta and volvobrynk like this.
  3. Gromit

Gromit

Just doesn't look like it given the cowl and running board shape.. the body and windshield look fordish... but.... Maybe that's why it's a "best offer" car ha ha...

4. Here is a 1920 Ford roadster.... 1920 Ford.jpg

5. You mean a Touring,,not roadster...and someone has added a drivers door

6. Yep....it's hard to tell whether the rear was a touring or not. The rear looks homemade to me.

7. dudley32

dudley32

with your knees in the breeze...lol

8. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Body is a '23-'25 T roadster, but the rear of the body has been replaced with a flat panel; also, that drivers door has been added, they only had right side door.
    Looks like a lot of useable parts, dropped axle, juice brakes, body, windshield...'T' rear spring?

9. Yep ^^^^^ it looks like the starting place for a C cab to me. ;)

10. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Door is original on Canadian cars! I think that was because a fairly high percentage of production went ou to the rest of the commonwealth as RHD. Canadians got two doors early on, though any specific customer could only actually use one...

lothiandon1940 and patmanta like this.
  11. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

What is it? If that was your question Its Your next projekt!

That could be an awesome Dean Lowe RPU inspired T rod build.

But you have to pull everything apart, but it's doable.
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1441130748.912125.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1441130824.693140.jpg

12. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

Looks like they made everything rear of the middle of the door jamb for the RPU conversion.

I see what appear to be unboxed model T rails with flathead mounts. Given the stance, I say it's a gasser project that never gassed (and thus survived).

I'm kinda digging the fan shroud. I'd be all over that one if the price was right.

volvobrynk likes this.
  13. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

I think it's an intriguing heap of parts. Body is very similar in look to a C cab with roof removed, a possible direction, or it could be built with whatever roadster or touring parts can be found. I'd start visually by dumping the shroud and shoving the body forward, but probably not all the way to stock...just enough to fit a flathead comfortably.
    I'd say it was built during the '70's streetrod revival by someone without enough time or money to reach his dream.
    According to the internet, Canadians got left doors starting in 1913.
    The extra door would likely be more useful on a hotrod than on a stocker.

lothiandon1940 and volvobrynk like this.
  14. Gromit

Gromit

Cheers, I see the panel between the "tub" and fenders has the same curve as a 1920 T afterall.. the cowl looks odd though (too stubby) below and in front of windscreen. I'm wanting to maybe build a c-cab so perhaps this is the ticket. we'll see. I have a couple cars to finish but this looked interesting..

15. The37Kid

The37Kid

Canadian built (they had a working drivers door) Model T Ford 1923-25 Touring car with the back of the body removed. Bob

16. The37Kid

The37Kid