Register now to get rid of these ads!

History BC Custom Car Associaton

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 29bowtie, Aug 4, 2013.

1. 5w32

5w32

this was the chevelle to beat in N. Vancouver! it ran 12.48 at mission on cheater slicks. orig owner was Tom Scull. Bruce Eburne bought it from Tom in 1972-73 and he still has it today, original paint ,L78, m22

Attached Files:

HemiDeuce likes this.
  2. This is one of the best looking dragsters of the era.......I never knew it had a front mounted potvin style blower on it at one time......very cool!

3. Here's another shot of Syndicate S JackWilliams.jpg cuderia, with the front mounted blower.

Stogy and 5w32 like this.
  4. Does anyone know anything about these parade photos? I found them on a photo site, but with no info. They are certainly BC photos. paradefloathotrods.jpg paradefloat2.jpg

Stogy and 5w32 like this.
  5. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I may be mistaken but isn't that a PNE parade shot. If I remember correctly the BCCCC had a display one year at the PNE.

6. chriseakin

chriseakin

The Invermay Hotel you can see in the background is or was at 828 W Hastings Street in Vancouver so it could be the PNE Parade. I found a photo online that is in an archives showing that part of the street (without the parade).

7. While surfing the net, I came across this photo of Jim Grant that I've never seen before. Anyone know the location? jimgrant.jpg

Stogy likes this.
  8. Looks like Arlington.

9. 5w32

5w32

thought i would share this old Mission dragstrip film footage that was emailed to me this morning........cool 1969? shots of Kokomotion and Jim Grant in the "Canadian" Valiant

Attached Files:

10. John1964

John1964
    from BC, Canada

here's another picture of Jim Grant's car racing the Dooley/Chilton 64 T-bolt (ex Les Ritchey car) at Mission
    5tbolt011WEB.jpg

Stogy likes this.
  11. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Thanks a lot for that! It brought back some good memories when I was thirteen. Does anyone know of a fellow from east Vancouver by the name of Andrioni who raced Plymouths at Mission. He was a friends dad and I believe he blew up a clutch one time and sent shrapnel all over hell. Got my friend in the leg; or perhaps it was another car my friend was watching? Time versus memory.

12. 5w32

5w32

that's Kokomotion(yellow) in the background before the blue paint job

13. 5w32

5w32

at the car show

Attached Files:

Stogy likes this.
  14. The Henry J was yellow when Ron Cooper owned it. Named The Automatic Reaction. Kokotailo bought it painted it blue and renamed it. It was a Gas class car. Bob set the engine back to make an Altered.

15. billmac

billmac

is ron farmer still alive.I was racing mx with him in the 70,s and 80,s. if he is tell him bill mccandless # 500 says hi, too old for maico,s now it cars

16. Yes.........Ron is alive & kicking in his early 80's and still spends time @ Mission Raceways, although slower now.....

5w32 likes this.
  17. 5w32

5w32

does anyone remember a La Dawri fiberglass sports car (50's)with a lace paint job , possibly raced at Mission or Abbotsford. this is just a reference to the body style. early conquest.jpg

Stogy likes this.
  18. Check out this photo that was posted on the Vintage Shots Thread. Appears to be a PNE show, with Casper in the background. 11694845_1610187422580773_4841944806814349621_n.jpg

HemiDeuce and falcongeorge like this.
  19. Yes it was, and I was there, and we took Linda dancing to a joint down in Gastown after the show.
    Good memories.

20. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Man, I'm so dense. MBog, I just looked at your profile, and saw that you have a '66 Chevelle. Just a guess, are you the legendary Bogman hisself??

21. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

YES! I think that's the car! Sorry, I lost track of this thread for a while...

22. JimBeam

JimBeam

Forgot about this thread as well, but I remember reading though the posts at the time and the car you guys were talking about seemed to describe my dads car as I recall it to be back then. His name is indeed Paul and he used to work for Larry Ast at the performance clinic in those days. He still has the car, and it still looks the same for the most part, matter of fact he just drove it down to the tim hortons in Langley tonight. I can get some pics tomorrow sometime if you like, maybe see if i can find some older ones as well. The one I posted was an older one he had framed from one of the burnout competitions at Langley speedway

23. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I'd love to see current pics of it! I gotta head out to a couple of the Langley cruise nights next year.

24. JimBeam

JimBeam

One older pic and 2 from today, sorry for the blurry one

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Stogy likes this.
  25. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Pretty sure its the car. Did he have cragar SS's on it before the centerlines?

26. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Does anyone know anything about that blue and gold Cougar in the Missionvideo clip. Just watched it again and the memories are great. But I was only about 13. At the time. Going to have to find my old Kodak pics and post them somehow!

27. JimBeam

JimBeam

Sure did

28. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

That's the car. no doubt. Its really cool to find out its still alive and well, and more or less in the same state.

29. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Please do!

30. MBog

MBog

Tis I. Don't know about legendary but they call me Bog...Which George be you?