Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest BO Huff passes away

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flattandscruggs1, Aug 4, 2015.

1. BoHuffismyHero

BoHuffismyHero

Bo and Terri Huntsman Center 2015.jpg
    I wanted to respond to all of those who have commented on Bo Huff and say thank you.
    Bo is my uncle and as the name says; he is my hero!
    I have always been so proud of Bo, not only for his wonderful talent with customizing cars but his love for people and for life. Bo ALWAYS treated people with such dignity and respect, and gained so many friends throughout his journey. It really warms my heart to read the stories of how he has touched so many lives.
    When we leave this world with as many friends and followers as he has I guess you could say he had it all.
    Again I thank you all for the kind words and support everyone has shown to our family through this difficult time. Thank you all and God Bless.

2. I never met him. Only story I have about Bo is while I was at the Jalopy Showdown in York Springs, PA in 2007, I called Boston Bill Dillman to see if he was coming to the show in the 59 El Camino I sold to him in 05. He was currently on his way to another show in the York, PA area when I called him. While we were talking he said that Bo Huff was sitting along side him in the the 59. Thought it was cool that Bo was riding in my old ride :)

BoHuffismyHero likes this.
  3. autobilly

autobilly

RIP Rockabilly Guy.

4. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

AS PROMISED, MY MONTH LONG TRIBUTE TO BO continues on the Front Page of the HOF Legends Site. (They are ALL available on the FP at this Link: www.legends.thewwbc.net )

If you met Bo you know what a wonderful guy he was, if you didn't have the chance to meet him, please take some time to listen to some of the GREAT stories he told in our Interview sessions. Bo's memories of EVERY care he built were just spot-on meticulous ! Never forgot anything...even in when his illness was at its worst, his voice & stories were always the BEST...and his wonderful laugh & sense-of-humour shone through in every session !!

BELOW ARE THE NEWEST RE-ADDED/REVISED...

BO HUFF STORIES: FROM THE HALL OF FAME LEGENDS ARCHIVES...
    BO 6: [​IMG] YOU'VE READ ABOUT IT, you've seen it on the Cover of OSR #36 (Nov. 2009), now hear BO HUFF tell how he put the "Dixie DeLuxe", complete with 2 extra doors, together !

Bo, Alan Mayes (Mng. Editor of OSR/CKD), and, I, spent some time quality time together at the 29th Annual KKOA Lead Sled in Salina...and this '49 Merc was a car I really wanted to know about. Bo didn't disappoint me ! He was really proud of this 4-Door build, so this is one Interview you'll enjoy for sure !! www.legends.thewwbc.net

BO 5: [​IMG] BO HUFF'S '36 FORD 2DR: "CORENE" ! BO HUFF had created some wild rides in the past...but this one just be his WILDEST !! This story comes from a late-nite Interview Session in Salina at the 33rd Annual KKOA Lead Sled Spectacular...it's cool, it's fun, and, it's all-Bo ! PLUS...you'll find out why he named it "CORENE" ! Listen, learn what a great story teller Bo was !! www.legends.thewwbc.net

My best to all,

Jonnie www.legends.thewwbc.net

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  5. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Thanks so much for the nice eMails guys. Really appreciate your kind words. And Tim thanks for the call.

If you missed these newest Tribute adds I Posted here yesterday, you can see these and all the others added so far this month for Bo on the Front Page of the Site www.legends.thewwbc.net

Bo loved doing the Interviews...and his iconic personality resonated in each and every one.

God bless, and ya gotta know he's probably having a great time swapping stories with Sam Barris, Mike Alexander, Larry Watson, Larry Alexander, Joe Wilhelm, Manuel Arteche', Boyd Coddington, Elden Titus, and the rest of our lost R&C Heroes, right now !

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Thanks for keeping his story alive

7. BoHuffismyHero

BoHuffismyHero

Love your show Jonnie, you were such a great friend to Bo. Thanks for keeping his spirit alive!

Warms my heart to listen to the interviews with him...

8. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Thank you so much ! That's a great picture with you and Bo...I know how much you loved him too.

As promised, tomorrow I will Post the final two Interview Tributes for Bo's Tribute Month...BUT I will leave them on the Front Page so that those who missed them the first time can access them.

Success and major recognition came late in Bo's life...prior to that he was a "cult" hero, a long-time, great builder known by a few who seen or experienced his work. That's why one of Bo's favorite Interviews that we did was about his Induction into the KKOA Hall Of Fame in July of 2012. If you haven't heard it yet, here's the Direct Link http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage172.html it's Bo at his honest, humble best.

Thanks again...BoHuffismyHero, you do great work yourself !!

9. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

HERE ARE THE TWO FINAL BO HUFF TRIBUTE STORIES FROM THE HALL OF FAME LEGENDS ARCHIVES FOR THE MONTH OF AUGUST.

They will all still be placed on the Front Page if you missed them, or didn't see them the first time. These that I re-added & re-vised were all among Bo's favorites...
    BO 8: [​IMG] THROUGHOUT HIS CAREER BO HUFF was one of the most ambitious & creative builders in the country. One of his true "works of art" is this special clone he did of Sam Barris' '55 Chevy Convertible.

In this rare one-on-one Interview, done at the 29th Annual KKOA Lead Sled Spectacular in Salina, Bo told me the complete story of the car, what George Barris thought about it after it was finished, and what he actually started with to build it. (HINT: It WASN'T a '55 Chevy Convertible !) To access this super-story, just go directly to this Link: http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage106.html
    [Photo courtesy of Mike Harrington]

BO 7: [​IMG] FOR ALMOST FIVE DECADES BO HUFF was a "cult" hero to R&C guys all over the country...but, major fame & recognition came to him late in life.

[​IMG] HE WAS BORN IN ARKANSAS, but ended up in Utah. Then, after a stay in California, BO HUFF cruised back to Utah, was there ever since, hammering out some of the neatest Custom Cars you'll ever see. BUT, I wanted to know how that happened. Also, needed to know about his Museum, and what he'd like to work on in the future. I got all the answers...and then some ! Bo's got some great stories...and in this group you'll learn the history of how he got from Point "A" to Point "B" and back again ! Here's the Link:
    http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage123.html

Thanks again for your kind words & thoughts,