Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs brake line advice

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by worn shoes, Aug 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Worn Shoes has certainly taken the high road here. It is nice to see someone handle an incident like this as well as he has-don't think I would have been as well disciplined in this instance.

2. worn shoes

worn shoes

[Qwent="mike bowling, post: 11138492, member: 207754"]14 pages and going strong! This has turned out to be quite the thread! I think "Worn Shoes" should get a special award for inspiring people to act civilized in the face of disaster. I would have gone into "mental meltdown" putting that kind of money down and seeing that first collection of mixed crap offered as "a job well done". Looked like someone decided to clean out their brake parts leftover bin, sparked up a fattie, and got creative! Yikes! My hat is off to you, sir ( and my bags are still packed for Hawaii - as soon as we get a departure date!) In the meantime, I'm trying to develop a taste for poi ( not going well.)[/QUOTE]
    I went and got my back waxed for our vacation but its taking sooooo long to hear back that the hairs already coming in! Your post had me laughing man! I did yell back at him on the phone when he came loose that day. So maybe no award :(

daddio211 likes this.
  3. worn shoes

worn shoes

I have to say its the wheelchair. Its made me into a calm person. My wife calls me the politician. I hope that's a good thing.

4. daddio211

daddio211

Ryan is right, really what more can he do? Hundreds of posts here suggesting Lime Works make it right, all the while Steve is obviously aware because he created a new profile to reply. Once.

Steve has blown this off for TWO YEARS, so a note from Ryan probably isn't likely to make a bit of difference. The way I see it Ryan's responsibility is to HELP resolve issues, not force people into popular submission. And his ability/responsibility to help is (as it should be) hindered unless both parties are Alliance members. I know of a few instances where Ryan has gone above and beyond when both parties were Alliance members.

That reminds me, I need to renew my Alliance membership.

volvobrynk and worn shoes like this.
  5. worn shoes

worn shoes

I always thought the Alliance was about just getting discounts. After reading what its for, how can I not spend the cash and support those that have supported me!

lothiandon1940 and daddio211 like this.
  6. daddio211

daddio211

I've used the discounts once, and although it was certainly appreciated it didn't pay for my Alliance membership. No matter, I figure if my $50 helps keep the doors open and buys Ryan's family a few trips to McDonald's GREAT!

lothiandon1940 and worn shoes like this.
  7. worn shoes

worn shoes

McRib for two please!

lothiandon1940 and daddio211 like this.
  8. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Many years ago I went to a luau in Kona Hi. And during the introduction they said
    "See that big section in the styrofoam plate; don't fill that up with poi"
    They weren't kidding, they don't make enough hot sauce to get me to eat that again.

worn shoes likes this.
  9. Poi is an acquired taste

worn shoes likes this.
  10. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Although I understand what you write, I don't understand what you mean?

But you are usually to the point and makes good and funny posts. So I bet this is no different!

I agree with most of you, and I agree with Ryan. He don't need to do much, next time somebody Googles limeworks this comes up, and that works just the same. Ryan dint need to "defriend" him from HAMB just yet.
    Steve might be a good guy and a good craftmanship, but this time he screwed up a brake job, and didn't take apropriate action in do time. And now he suffers from that.

Karma is a ...

Worn shoes did the right thing!
    I'm looking forward to see what this envolves too, will it be apologize all around and a repay.
    Or will it be Worm shoes doing a full ones over on the transmission, or a full build, because he is capable of so much more!

11. mike bowling

mike bowling

Google-" poi"- traditional Hawaiian dish ( not dissing our Hawaiian Brothers, just funnin') BUT large doses of "151" rum seemed to help ( and makes me dance better). Also, google Leon Redbone singing "Little grass Shack"- you shall be enlightened!
    Sorry about the picture, I fell down after taking the poi antidote!! ( are we still on topic, or do we need another round??) Gimme a brake!! ( and a refund!!)

Attached Files:

unkledaddy, worn shoes and volvobrynk like this.
  12. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Okay. Now I see.

Nice voice, that Leon has. No johnny cash, but got character

Is that @slammed a avatar from the front.

lothiandon1940 and worn shoes like this.
  13. worn shoes

worn shoes

The trans swap looks fine. The issue if I have one is with the starter. It might need to be shimmed or replaced with a new high torque style starter. It's not a safety issue just more annoying then anything. F**k Poi haha not good!

volvobrynk likes this.
  14. worn shoes

worn shoes

20150511_082823.jpg 20150325_174052.jpg
    I always have my plate full haha. I tell people Im only one man with half a working body.

volvobrynk likes this.
  15. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Nice place you got there. Instead of paying thousands to some shop, if I had a place like yours, and toys to match, I'd hire a moonlighting mechanic to come in and work.

16. worn shoes

worn shoes

I am the moonlighting mechanic haha just takes me twice as long to get things done. I know I could've done the work but that swap with no lift or available friends would've sucked! The brakes was one of those things that needed addressing and If the car was already there why not? NOW I KNOW WHY NOT hahahahaha So my wife made the suggestion for the shop. I know she feels bummed about it. She keeps telling me that her mechanic (me) is better then my mechanic (Steve). Lesson learned!

volvobrynk likes this.
  17. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

So, considering your physical condition, perhaps it's time for you to take on an apprentice and teach the ropes to the next generation.

18. worn shoes

worn shoes

IMG951254.jpg
    My young buddy Christian. Been helping him with his 60 ironhead chop. Been walking him through some steps with fab for his bike. We made bars, narrowed his oil bag and made some new spacers for his 14" over front end.

lothiandon1940 and volvobrynk like this.
  19. She keeps telling me that her mechanic (me) is better then my mechanic (Steve). Lesson learned!

That's awesome !

20. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Wow!
    Wish I was you next door neighbor Worn Shoes.................I'd wear you out!

21. worn shoes

worn shoes

And some do! :)

22. rfraze

rfraze

Shoes, I would still love to see the cause of the leak. You showed a pic of the groove on the end of T and a small crack in flare, I think. How about pics of that crack and of the tube nut/T interface. Isn't that where it was leaking?

23. worn shoes

worn shoes

That JB weld brass T he kept. He had gotten a new one and said it leaked too. The AN pics was all I had. It looked like a bad flare. I believe it wore into the male part when it had been tightened.

24. worn shoes

worn shoes

20150822_074001.jpg 20150822_073842.jpg
    That's all I have as pics.

25. worn shoes

worn shoes

20150818_090842.jpg
    You can see the drop on the left nut.

26. 6-bangertim

6-bangertim
    from California

I'll help keep this thread going for as long as it takes for Steve to MAN UP. I don't understand WHY he would dick-around with this stainless / AN bullshit, unless that is exactly what you wanted at the time.

$95 an hour is way, WAY more than what I would make working double-time on a Sunday, but I understand a shop's overhead. I understand that not every job is sucessful on the first try - even if you are a PRO in your trade. It doesn't matter to me WHAT caused the leak, but HOW he addressed the situation that BUGS THE SHIT OUT OF ME!!!

I TRUELY ADMIRE YOU 'Shoes for the way you took the high road, AND your patience! It might be "water under the brige" (my dad's saying) for you, but NOT for some of us here, until Steve steps up and reaches out to you!

Maybe, when his phone starts ringing less and less, he will reconize that HOT-RODDING is a very small world, which bad news often travels FASTER than good news. I don't want to see his business tank, just MAKE IT RIGHT with you, as he might expect if HE WAS A CUSTOMER IN THE SAME SITUATION!!!

- Tim

27. worn shoes

worn shoes

View attachment 2989707
    You can see the drop on the left nut.
    To be honest had no clue what AN was until this whole mess. I just can't understand for myself what being upset is going to accomplish. I'd be here at home with high blood pressure and he'd be where he's at in paradise. "water under the bridge" only to a certain point. At this point, i'd even feel that his apology wouldn't even be genuine. Sad but true! The more time goes by the less compassion I have for his business. Time will tell :) Thanks for the continued support Tim!

daddio211 likes this.
  28. Limy Steve is upset at you because you caught him doing unprofessional and dangerous work that could have gotten some one killed!!! At the very least you need to turn him into the BBB as well as do a consumer complaint with the California, I am not sure about what it is called but it is where you register a complaint against a shop for bad work!!

daddio211 and worn shoes like this.
  29. 6-bangertim

6-bangertim
    from California

California B.A.R. - worth checking into to file a complaint with the State. If this thread doesn't get Steve's attention, THEY will! Hope you saved the lines Steve installed for proof...

daddio211 and worn shoes like this.
  30. worn shoes

worn shoes

I hung them on the wall of shame in my garage. I have pics and even saved his side of the story on page 3 of this thread.

daddio211 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.