Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs brake line advice

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by worn shoes, Aug 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. worn shoes

worn shoes

20150730_180010.jpg
    This is her falcon.

2. yes that is the proper way to vent the rear end and Not get water and dirt inside. The hose usually runs up into the frame somewhere, OR makes a 180° turn so the open end is pointing downward.

volvobrynk likes this.
  3. worn shoes

worn shoes

Thanks hotroddon!

4. Line sleeve's and nuts come in steel for brake lines, been there and done that many times in the past for SS lines and zero leaks.

5. worn shoes

worn shoes

20150825_145800.jpg
    Because I walk the walk haha thanks for the heads up! Ran it and made a 180* like hotroddon suggested.

Attached Files:

volvobrynk likes this.
  6. worn shoes

worn shoes

20150825_151419.jpg
    The skirts are back on and the car is on all four wheels. No more leak/seepage, no rubber hose rubbing anything double check, and rubber vent hose run for axle. Just wanted to thank you guys again! It's nice to know that people can have other people's backs without even knowing them. I hope you see that your advice didn't fall on deaf ears.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  7. Now get in it and drive the hell out of it! :) enjoy brother, been a long time coming. :)

8. Unbelievable!

Nice recovery though!

9. daddio211

daddio211

Unless you're planning to make Kimi an EX-wife you'd have to move about 60 miles east of me to a town in Arizona called Colorado City. They embrace the multiple wife thing there. Totally different religion than me, LOL.

volvobrynk and worn shoes like this.
  10. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

The whole thread went smoothly, without the usual distractions, and everybody ended up
    making a friend and learning something.............at least I did.

Model T1, volvobrynk and worn shoes like this.
  11. worn shoes

worn shoes

That's all I need, another baby mama haha. Thanks for being a stand up guy! Glad you sent me that FB friend request :)

daddio211 likes this.
  12. worn shoes

worn shoes

Very true! Even though my experience with the shop didn't go as plan, having you folks guide me gave me an even better experience. I got brake advice, law advice and some encouragement followed by some kind words. Thanks again!

Bowtie Coupe and Model T1 like this.
  13. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Good job on the brake line. Now, what about that trans/starter issue? Gene

14. worn shoes

worn shoes

No clue. I have to call Flat O and ask some questions. I made a video but its hard to hear it. The garage fans were on.

15. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

I have been watching this thread from almost the beginning. I am so happy to hear you have got your ford on the road. Enjoy the hell out of it!

16. worn shoes

worn shoes

Thank you sir!

17. jeta12

jeta12

Been watching from the beginning....Glad to see you goy it fixed!!....Now go enjoy that nice ride!!

worn shoes likes this.
  18. noddaz

noddaz

Glad to hear it is on the road... Drive it!

worn shoes likes this.
  19. worn shoes

worn shoes

Thanks guys! Friday will be the maiden voyage.

daddio211 likes this.
  20. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Nice work!

Regarding the two wife's thing, Isn't there a law against two wife's?
    There should be a law against it, because that would mean two mothers in law!!
    And that's more then plenty.
    Lol

Post some pics of the first drive!

21. worn shoes

worn shoes

I'm sure my in laws would love to shove a skewer in me and roast my plump butt. I'll take some pics for sure. Thanks!

volvobrynk and daddio211 like this.
  22. daddio211

daddio211

Way off track but Joel started the humor so I'll clear it up. Yes, having multiple spouses is illegal in all 50 states but some religious sects think it's okay. Some claim to be Mormon but I assure you as a Mormon they are not. They are break off groups like the protestant religions are to the Catholic church.

I used to say, "I can't stand the wife I have, why would I want two!?" Divorced her and have the world's GREATEST wife now. Feel free to message me with any questions as religion is not a HAMB acceptable topic.

23. worn shoes

worn shoes

Sorry man, wasn't trying to make this into something. Mr. Hibbs has a wonderful family and ONE babe of a wife. My humor was meant for moving to Utah and had nothing to do with his religion. Just was trying to be funny with a joke. Hope that clears the air :)

daddio211 likes this.
  24. Muttley

Muttley

The only difference between in-laws and outlaws is outlaws are wanted.

25. DO NOT underestimate a guy in a wheelchair. My wife worked with a weld inspector at her previous job and he was the best one she's ever seen, so good in fact she tried stealing him for her new job as head of the weld inspection department for the company she works for now. Just because you're disabled does not mean you aren't capable of kickin ass when it's needed. Not tryin to start a shit storm, just pointing out an observation.

26. worn shoes

worn shoes

I'm a certified welder and I dig it! I wanted the easy way but got the hard way instead. Lesson learned. Almost 18 years of having to adapt and overcome. It's funny to me that I have able body friends that call on me for help haha.

-Brent-, daddio211 and volvobrynk like this.
  27. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

That is funny right there!

I'm a very non-religious person, but I respect other and there believes!
    But I keep my right to believe that;
    goes around, comes around!
    Be good to your fellow man,
    do no Evil, have no fear
    and dell'orto and Edelbrock makes the best carbs around!

And that you can take to the Bank/church! :)

Keep at it warn shoes, that's a damn fine car and a damn fine repair!

worn shoes and Model T1 like this.
  28. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Is it disrespectful to ask why your are in a wheel chair?

29. worn shoes

worn shoes

Not at all! When I was 16 I took a body conditioning class. The class was all about weight lifting. I was in about two weeks when The teacher asked me to max out. He wanted to see how much weight I could press on the leg press machine. At the time I was like 160 pounds. He slapped the weight on and I pressed it. It was 270 pounds. About the 8th rep I felt a popping in my lower back. I got off the machine and sat down on a chair. A couple minutes went by and I could feel my groin go numb ( big bummer for a dude ) I went to stand and fell right onto the floor. I spent a bit over a month in the hospital. It was a spinal cord injury in the L5/S1 area. The good thing was that it was an incomplete spinal injury. It took years but my legs move some and I can stand for a bit. It can always be worse! And the best part is, my penis got back its feeling hahaha I was more worried about that then when the doctor said I couldn't walk :) typical dude

30. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

Don't worry , when you get old , your memory will be the 2nd shortest thing you got ...
    dave

worn shoes likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.