Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Generator to 12V Alternator Conversion

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 50 Ford 1963, Aug 25, 2015.

1. I did this on my last shoebox and was pretty happy with the results, I'm currently working on a different '50 Ford that has been converted to a 12v system with a generator and external voltage regulator. The shop that did the conversion had since closed and there are no other shops in the area that do electrical work like this. So I'm considering going the alternator route.

Last time I had decent funds and just got all the stuff from Fifth Avenue Garage, this time the funds are very limited so their stuff is out of the question. I can source an inexpensive alternator just about anywhere and the wiring harness is simple enough to make myself. The only remaining item is the mounting bracket.

Does anyone know of other sources for a bracket to mount the alternator on a stock '50 flathead?

2. Doesn't speedway have the bracket?

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just posted a link in some other thread on the same subject the other day.

Ok, just Google Flathead ford V8 alternator bracket That brings up a number of choices to pick from and as many different.

Speedway does have it among others. It pretty much looks like as sling shot you bolt the alternator to.

50 Ford 1963 likes this.

4. thanks