Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features **1941-1946 Chevy Truck Picture Thread**

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Arrowood Rod & Kustom, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

I am glad u posted ths ad, i thot i never seen one like this before,
    but I had seen that primered truck on craigslist a few years back and
    never knew what the correct factory name was,,
    thanks, cool old step van, umm DUBL-DUTI PACKAGE DELIVERY :cool::cool:

2. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

Looks nice, so is the dual quad a bit faster? or more noise? lol :p
    supercharging is fun, sit down shutup hang on, :D

3. 05snopro440

05snopro440

Mine is earlier in this thread, it's on an S-10 frame with full fenders and I love the way it drives.

That looks AWESOME! Although judging by the body I'm guessing nothing was saved on bodywork...

That is spot on! I love that it has a period mill but a stock look, cool truck!

4. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

I think most people love the stock 41-46 chevy truck look, I wish I could have restored the stock truck I got out of Napa Ca back in 07, but had to sell in 2011 due to being layed off, found out the guy who did restore it spent around 100K on it. I will have to drive to Salinas to get photos of it now.

5. My engine is almost done for my 41 ! 20150212_211331.jpg

exterminator likes this.
  6. cometman98006

cometman98006

Rats, I tried to upload mine and it said the file is to large.

7. Stovebolts

Stovebolts

Been working on this GMC for the past month.
    I'm putting it on a 79 GMC 4x4 frame and running gear.

s455.photobucket.com/user/Minermatt/media/cckwa2.jpg.html][​IMG][/URL]

8. Majc

Majc

Hi everbody, I am new here. Looking at purchasing a 1946 chevy and still learning a lot about them. This would be my first ever restoration project. I know one of the most important things is, is the vehicle worth restoring or is it junk? Also, How easy will it be to find parts for the project? Well, I wanna start with asking the experts those with experience. First I would like to ask is there a specific forums page for these trucks with restoration? and second, what is one of the best sources for parts? thank You for your help in advance and hope to chat with you all soon.

9. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Okay, the less you know about cars, the bigger the headache! The more you know about cars, the better the truck seems.

But remember, trucks ain't cars. They live a hard life, beaten and left for dead.
    If a car gets beaten, the truck get molested.

But except for that they a honest, if they look bad they are bad and if they look good they are fine.

Try going to the Stovbolt truck site, stovebolt.com for the "truck" questions, and use the HAMB for all the upgrade questions.

The Art Deco truck is such a beautiful truck! And there is lot of ways to do one, and there things to look for.

But come back with pics, of cars in you price range, it's easier to guide you, if we know of you look for drivers, show truck on shit-dime frames or true beaters and junkyard-dogs.

And if you plan to run a splasher mill, a newer pressurized Stovebolt or a SBC.

The splash oil mills work, and last a lifetime, just not a lifetime of abuse. A stovebolt six with pressured oiling system last an eternity, and lifetime of abuse. And the SBC can be had/made/build and found in any prize range, and in a lot of sizes.

Stock trans is fair, but by no means modern. The sixes need a granny first and comes in a million and one different trucks, in the last century.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/transmission-drivetrain/129-0608-trail-transmission/#__federated=1

The rear gearing is meant for a different load and pace the what the get today, it that too interchange with modern stuff, so no biggie.

It all comes down to you skill set, wallet, shop and time frame!

I hope this was any kind of help, feel free to ask again.
    And I hope you get the irony and humor, used to make this post!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  10. gma1965

gma1965

I am not doing a restoration but am in the process of moving the front sheet metal (cab and fenders) from a 1945 Master 1.5 ton 12' grain flatbed to a modern truck chassis with 8' flat bed. Just started a post on it. I will have extra running chassis parts left over depending on where you are.
    I have a post on mounting this body to a 73-late 80s frame under: Projects; 1940S CHEVY TRUCK ON MODERN TRUCK RUNNING GEAR.
    Good luck and have fun
    Gary

11. odass

odass
    from se ok

Trying to get ideas on what color to paint my 41, I like the patina look but not so much the faux patina, even though I'm still considering it, got most of my body work done, and smoothed the firewall and everything, but am just stumped, and suggestions would be great. These are some of my favorites I've stole of the interweb 10383276443_5a44603629_b.jpg 0a29d43c85c1bd171dc3375f40690652.jpg

Attached Files:

exterminator and Scooterville like this.
  12. Solidaxel

Solidaxel

Anybody know where I can find the filler strip ( I don't know what it is called) on a 46 1/2 T grill, it is between the small upper grill and the lower grill

13. five-oh

five-oh
    from Arkansas
    1. HAMB Old Farts' Club

When I bought my truck, in the build photos I got from the builder was a picture of my dash with this pic on it. Apparently it was the inspiration for my ride..

14. odass

odass
    from se ok

Sweet^^ love that black! Wish I could come up with something, seems anything I think of is copying somebody else. Yours is beautiful!

15. five-oh

five-oh
    from Arkansas
    1. HAMB Old Farts' Club

I wish that one was mine. That was just the basic inspiration...mine is not near as shiny. Of course, it's probably just as well. If that one was mine, we wouldn't see near the dirt roads and actual driving that we do in mine...

16. odass

odass
    from se ok

Oh I understand that, id rather have a driver myself, but then you get to the shows and are like man I wish mine was that nice! I got a little confused on which was your truck, then realized after I posted. But I really like your truck, I dig the caps , looks like a good truck to! Keep on driving man! Can't wait to drive mine, probably going to do a faux patina like the brown truck I posted, but with my touch, that way I can drive and not worry about it for a long time

17. five-oh

five-oh
    from Arkansas
    1. HAMB Old Farts' Club

Yeah, we spend a lot of time in places like this.... Rustylake.jpg rustychurch.jpg
    Not really conducive to keeping a $7k+ paint job nice. :D I love my beater.....

18. odass

odass
    from se ok

19. rockinr783

rockinr783

IMG-20130427-00157.jpg IMG_20150815_093710.jpg Finally I have a complete drivetrain for my 46, hopefully can get some body switched over before winter!

20. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

are you making your own brackets or using a kit,,?

21. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

Swap that original 3 speed tranny and bell housing out of your '41-'47 1/2 ton and donate it to me. I need one for my '46 coupe!:rolleyes:

22. Got my roof fixed after all these years, should have done this many years ago. Got stiffed by a painter so I might have to start the dreaded body work myself. IMG_07141_zps7srwmet0.jpg IMG_07341_zpsx6vj4dlw.jpg 20150724_130240-1.jpg

volvobrynk likes this.
  23. biscuit23

biscuit23

Drivin and Grinnin after about a year of being that guy out in the garage

Attached Files:

volvobrynk likes this.
  24. rockinr783

rockinr783

IMG_5912.jpg We have lift off of the old frame finally

25. rockinr783

rockinr783

Making my own brackets, feeling adventurous ;)

26. Found a painter and surprisingly wanted to pick it up in a couple days. It was kinda hectic making sure all the pieces I custom made were finished enough to paint. Then at the last minute I decided to put some speed holes in the tailgate, an idea I've been thinking of for a few years. Before I knew it he was here and gone with my truck. 20151009_185521.jpg 20151011_112915.jpg

volvobrynk likes this.
  27. five-oh

five-oh
    from Arkansas
    1. HAMB Old Farts' Club

Snapped a quick pic the other day while driving around back roads....thought some of you guys here might like it. :) rustybarn.jpg

iwanaflattie and volvobrynk like this.