Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My Spurgin/Giovanine inspired 1925 Chev roadster build thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Jimmy B, May 2, 2010.

1. bct

bct

1/4 panels look awesome leaned up there. They have such a nice form. Can't wait for your maiden voyage video.

2. banditomerc

banditomerc

True dedication on this build....looks good..

3. Thank you!

Yes, a huge weight off. I knew my work was sound but not having dealt with an engineer before, the what if's crept in. I needn't have worried

:cool:

They do have a great shape to them. I am ordering parts that I had been postponing, I have nothing holding me back now. I will regret typing this but I want to have first drive by years end.

Thank you!

4. What a great build! Awesome build thread as well. Can't wait to see it done.

5. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Jimmy B, I want you to go right on with this build without any pressure even though yours and the SP roadster seem to be the only two hot rod '25 Chevy roadsters in the world. The worst you can do is second best and that is just opinion anyway. :eek:

6. @ratty_aussie thank you for that, I have had my copy since early 2006, I paid $90us from memory, I was happy as it had been the only copy listed for 6 months. Seeing them sell regularly now for $30-70.
    IMG_0219.JPG

Haha no pressure, they do seem quite rare and rarely rodded.

Drewfus, Outback and ratty_aussie like this.
  7. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

Glad to see you going again!

8. Thanks Glenn, I have been progressing slowly but now have nothing holding back other than postage time on ordered parts (and money).

SANY5346.JPG

How the chassis looked late yesterday afternoon
    IMG_0236.JPG

9. chassis looking good.

Jimmy B likes this.
  10. Stout frame. Glad to see you forging ahead.

Jimmy B and Asphalt Demon like this.
  11. It has been a while since my last update, I have been doing little things setting steering up, pedal box, rear body structure, alternator mount, header, radiator mount, grille shell and headlight stands.

IMG_0301.JPG IMG_0302.JPG IMG_0305.JPG IMG_0306.JPG IMG_0307.JPG IMG_0308.JPG

12. Great to see the progress, each step forward is one closer to cutting laps, so keep forging on. I meant to ask earlier, I'm looking for some rear shocks for my coupe, and was interested to know what you ended up using on your fronts, I'm guessing they're Gabriel, but do you know what they were off by chance?
    Cheers,
    Drewfus

Outback and Jimmy B like this.
  13. G'day @Drewfus, the shocks are So-Cal covered these are the shorty ones. I went with these as I don't like the look of the uncovered version as they look a little street roddy.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
    Drewfus likes this.
  14. Tooheys New....

tooheys_new_stubs.jpg

autobilly and kidcampbell71 like this.
  15. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good on ya, mate!

16. Hapy New Year all! I'm still working on this, I have the drivers door mostly done and have the fuel tank mounted.

[​IMG]

IMG_0327.JPG

bct, volvobrynk, BrerHair and 4 others like this.
  17. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Good to see someone is making progress. I spent the day in the shop but I wasn't working on the roadster.
    Happy New Year! It's been snowing here all day.

volvobrynk likes this.
  18. Been working on the car I have the firewall made the pedals positioned, steering done, headlight stands almost finished, the shifter is almost done, exhaust header done, exhaust started still needs tweaking. Also have the LHS door almost done.
    SANY5378.JPG
    SANY5419.JPG
    SANY5429.JPG
    SANY5431.JPG
    SANY5432.JPG
    SANY5354.JPG

19. bct

bct

Header looks great !! Along with the rest of your progress.

Jimmy B likes this.
  20. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Good to see the progress.

volvobrynk and Jimmy B like this.
  21. I just found out the '40 Chev has the same spline as the commodore column I am using. So, I have put the '40 wheel on in place of the ugly as fuck crapdore wheel. I will run a 15" Mooneyes wheel when completed.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
    volvobrynk likes this.
  22. looks better than the late model pos so will suffice until I get a 15" moon wheel.

SANY5449.JPG SANY5447.JPG

Stogy and volvobrynk like this.
  23. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

That looks very era perfect. I actually like that steering wheel.

Dident the original S&G roadster run a three spoke wheel with tape on the "rim"

slv63 likes this.
  24. I like it too, but there is no way for a steering lock which I need on the car since I will be driving it regularly. The S/G roadster ran a stripped '37-'38 Chev wheel wrapped in tape as you mentioned.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
    volvobrynk likes this.
  25. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Simple + crude = Love it. Fits perfectly.
    Exhaust looks like a bitch, nice work.

Jimmy B likes this.
  26. JimmyD3234

JimmyD3234
    from PA

LOOKS COOL - HAVE FUN :cool::cool:

Jimmy B likes this.