Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Benny Hill in a lil Deuce Coupe!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nolly, Aug 21, 2015.

1. nolly

nolly

2. BLACKNRED

BLACKNRED

Pretty neat B Model

3. Movie people just love destroying cool cars don't they. Still happens now.

4. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man that old Watney's Truck sure could handle! Must have been the hard rubber tires.

5. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Cool - don't make 'em like that anymore

6. So Cal paint scheme huh!?

7. czuch az

czuch az

The were just old cars then. I bought a 33 Plymouth in 1972 for $100.00. It ran and I drove it all over the place. Then when it croaked, I left it. W.C. Fields in the movie "Poppy". They o chasing Road Hogs and the pre-war carnage is horrifc.

8. Nice, tight steering wheel!

9. reefer

reefer

The driver of the truck was the father of Paul Kossof, the guitarist out of Free.

I had only ever seen the first couple of minutes of that bit of film.....I had no idea it ended so bad for the Deuce.....why didn't they use an Austin or something ?A lot of fine early Fords got trashed on the tracks back in the 50's....I remember reading that Pete Tucker went though twelve 34 coupes on the track and had another one ready but never raced it and it is restored to original now.

volvobrynk likes this.
  10. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Watch the steering wheel in Benny's 3w, it looks like it's mounted in rubber.
    Man, I miss the Benny Hill show.

1927graham and volvobrynk like this.
  11. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

"no, no, an OAR, for my BOAT!!" Priceless...

12. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

A friend and I built a channeled '30 A Coupe in '56...221 flattie, '38 box, '38 X member. Nice little rod, later got 276 Merc, went back and forth, L.A. from San Jose 10+ times; car was very 'popular', black synthetic enamel, Mor-drop axle, hydraulic brakes, whitewalls/black steelies/baldy caps. Some chrome...

My bud finally got tired of the cramped space, (he was 6'4") sold it to a jerk that passed it along to Marshall Sargent, San Jose champion 'Jalopy/Hard Top racer' thru the '60s...
    Our little coupe got bounced around, airborne, 'walled', and trophied, for a few weeks...then met its demise up on the wall out of turn 4, right above the spectators...Hung it on the right front wheel at San Jose Speedway.
    My heart sank...

13. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

What a great video ! I was laughing my ass off through the whole thing. Simply brilliant … !

Thanks for posting the video

14. Skimmer

Skimmer

Amazing the streets of London are still that deserted even in the rush hour .........Not really i lied hahahaaa ...Great clip thanks for posting

15. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

HEY I HEARD THAT!....LOL

16. dad-bud

dad-bud

If they didn't use them in banger racing they would have ended up as rusty piles. It's just the problem with the salted roads. Same as in the U.S.
    Also, it can't be London - there's no fog, the traffic actually flows and it looked sunny. Musta been a Hollywood backlot