Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The HAMB Drags are one month away.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by porknbeaner, Jul 22, 2015.

1. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Cant be you I don't see any parts laying under the car.

2. I think know both of them guys the one in the T and the one in the Merc. Well I at least know who the guy in the T is. :D

I actually out ran the guy in the merc once, but it was just dumb luck. He got a hole shot on me and I was catching up, he looked over at me and I had a cig hanging off my lip, I was taking a drink of water and shifting. Caused him to miss a shift and the rest is history.

Anyway its Wednesday, my shoulder is killing me. I got to scuff a pair of slicks and don't have any tuning to do until tomorrow late. I am leaving Friday afternoon and there is still room in the truck.

I am jazzed maaaaannnnnn. This is going to be a good year for racing. it should be cool if we don't get too wet.

KCsledz likes this.
  3. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Touché lmao

4. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Saltflats you got that 409 running yet cause the Willys is running good now after I've had to change the clutch but it sure shifts good so far can't wait for Friday

5. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I will be there in my '40 again. Hopefully making a few mediocre passes. I wish there was a class for skinny bias ply tires, then I might stand a chance. Anyways looking forward to seeing everyone.

6. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Just got the cam yesterday and have it degree in now.
    I heart my back so its going a little slow for me but should have it ready tomorrow night.

7. flux capacitor

flux capacitor

A drag race pal just sent me this pic
    image.jpg
    image.jpg Wow , I'm bettin I know where it's goin ! Flux

8. Run your '40 in stock class if you don't think you can cut it in gas coupe/sedan. I'll bet Ryan will pass you if you run it past him.

We run the roadster in gas roadster class, we are running slicks now but we used to run 7.00x16 bias ply and were running mid 12s. The weren't even new bias plays they were old 6 ply truck tires, hard as a brick and slick as marble. LOL

9. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Its OK Beaner, Its far from stock. It usually runs mid to high 12's on the Coker White Wall Bias plies. I'm just out there to make a few fun runs anyways I'm not too serious about racing this car.

10. Sounds like me. I am just having a good time when I have a car running. I have already done the have to win this week or its porknbeans again thing. :D

11. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Always more fun to have a pony in the show.

12. LOL al, I got is an engine, so I guess that's the same as half a horse. :eek::p:D

13. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

That has to be better than a 1/4 horse.

14. I had a quarter horse once, at least that was what we figured. it was pretty muley. ;)

15. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

My first wife was into the horses. Never been so broke in my life.
    And could never satisfy her. Not sure what that was about.

I would take a fossil fuel burner any day over a hay burner.

16. Well an old red mule or a horse that is mostly mule is the ticket coon hunting. I wouldn't want to ride one cross country though.

17. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Just mad a hit on Mt Pleasant international.
    Sounds angry and wanting some 1320.
    Going to let it cool down and start feeding it some secondaries.

18. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Spy photos ;)

KCsledz and saltflats like this.
  19. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Sweet I like the glass door knob reminds me of my father in law he had one in his truck Great Guy.

20. atch

atch

REALITY: was ready to fire up the engine this morning. Added trans fluid to rebuilt T-350 tranny. Added oil to engine with new cam and lifters. Added water to radiator. Was about to turn key to fire up when water was noticed dripping on floor.

CAUSE: water leaking through head gasket.

RESULT: still planning to be there Saturday, but in a late model. Bummed; but hope to see many friends there. Thanx to all who sent encouragement. Yes, I could install new head gaskets tomorrow and still make it, but am just frazzled and too tired to expend the energy. See ya there!

21. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Atch you sure it's not coming from a head bolt did you put sealant on the threads just a thought hoping for a easy fix for ya

22. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Should be on the road by 10 AM with some empty seats.
    If some one needs to hitch a ride be at lower Ashland

23. LOL did the standard last minute before it was time to fly. Got the Raven and the Kid on the road @ 9:00. Put the phone by the bed, no calls so by now the raven is sleeping like a log in Joplin.

Edit damn it: its runnin' like a bandit and it may even hook this year. "Get back Loooouretta."

Ya should have called, I was up late and my wrench hand is steady. We could have had you on the road this morning. I am leaving about 5:00 this evening, got to take the missus to the dentist. I'll be rolling the parking lot about 8:00 get your pen light ready. :D

KCsledz likes this.
  24. New development. The raven popped a transmission pan gasket. Instead of help from HAMBers he is getting flak for the mess it made in the lot. Any real HAMBers at the hotel may ask if they can lend a hand, I really can't get there until late and he is going to have to bust a hump to the autoparts store.

25. 64T-bolt

64T-bolt
    from Kansas

Wheat Missile is inbound..

Can't wait to get there!

loudbang likes this.
  26. Can't wait to see ya. ;) How far out are ya? I'll be in about 8:00 PM

27. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Leaving Enid about 1 so should put us in Joplin around 5ish. I look like the guy in my avatar only older and a longer beard, say hi, and introduce yourself! Oh yea, there is always a good looking redhead in my vicinity.

28. LOL we don't usually hang out. Oh you didn't mean me when you said good looking red head did you. :D

I don't look like my avatar any more lots more hair mostly white beard. But I aint hard to find just ask someone or look for the riot. ;) I suppose I am going to be under the raven's roadster this evening so just look for feet size 11.5.

[​IMG]

That's almost my nephew in the background by the way. He resembles me a little bit, at least if I were still his age. :D :D :D

29. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

I will have to look for ya. If you have a pop up I may have to see if my lovely wife and I can camp in your teepee. Everyone from here that usually comes with cover flaked out this year, and delicate flower that she is I cant leave out in the sun. lol

30. atch

atch

I wish. We never had the heads off and the engine was running prior to cam replacement.

Thanx for the reply, though. I still hope to be at the track tomorrow and perhaps the hotel tomorrow evening.