Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The HAMB Drags are one month away.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by porknbeaner, Jul 22, 2015.

1. raven

raven

Mike, you have to make it this year. We've all been missing you.
    r

2. tricky steve

tricky steve
    from fenton,mo.

how in the cat fuzz did you get 6 runs?? we run straight up to staging lanes,wait,and wait, we are in line at all times.and get 3 per year. bummer.. the first year we were there we got like 12 runs i think.
    if you ever see this truck, you know it's in line or on the track at all times. getting punished as much as possible! :eek::eek: she got 19 runs in two days at the meltdown drags. _MG_5666_copy.jpg

enloe and saltflats like this.
  3. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I never got many runs but it sure was fun.
    And this is the first year in some time that I have a car that can compete.

4. LOL my first year I was just looping it. :D

I am sure I counted 6 the *boy ran several times and the raven ran at least 3. We were running gas roadster.

So am I seeing the little A this year?

*no offense max

5. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

12 days better get busy.

6. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

LOL...In my humble opinion the HAMB Drags is the best Drag Race format I have ever seen. You show up, you visit, you make a few passes, you race who you want or what ever lines up next to you, the fastest pass in the class takes the hardware and everyone goes home or parties! I just wish the Austin was ready!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  7. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I think it would be better if it was a 2 or 3 day meet.

8. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Tricky Steve this is my favorite photo from the 2013 HAMB DRAGS... 2013 HAMB Drags Pulp Friction (1).jpg
    This was the last run of the day for GC/S. We made four passes that day in the Sedan. It was a blast. My poor technology deficient Dad decided to go down track and take a video with my Smart phone of this run. But all you see is a big pink thumb print. It sounded like an awesome pass though...LOL!

9. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Guess the 409 is going to get a new brain for the HAMB Drags not not by choice.
    20150812_190818.jpg

10. I wish I could get a brain transplant. Something that would make me normal instead of damned high performance. I could stand to not have so much lump at idle. :D

You got it covered or?????

11. atch

atch

PROGRESS:

Thursday - got Clarence inside the shop; removed front clip; removed engine/trans

Friday - spent morning and afternoon chasing new parts; took exhaust manifolds and alternator to machine shop (had to grind off heads of 3 exhaust bolts to get manifolds off; couldn't get this done without grinding wheel getting into manifold; Elson machined these 3 bolt holes flat on top again; bolt broke off in alternator and Elson removed it); spent evening cleaning removed parts

Saturday - cleaned more parts; went to town to buy bolts; painted inner fenders/firewall/brackets/etc.

Sunday - it's now 3:45 a.m. and I've had about all I can take for one day; want to wake up in time to go to church but am not holding out much hope; still have to shower away several layers of grease/dirt/paint/etc.

PLANS:

Monday - make one last run to the boneyard (discovered cracked starter ring on flex-plate and don't have time to wait on Speedway/Summit/JEGS/etc. to send one); bolt a buncha stuff to the engine (fuel pump/water pump/starter/carb/flex-plate/torque converter/trans/etc./etc.; drop engine/trans into engine compartment and begin buttoning up all the "little things" that always take so long; reinstall sheet metal; test run

Tuesday - finish anything that didn't get done Monday; more test drives

Friday - drive to Joplin; stop by Springfield swap if time allows

Saturday - H.A.M.B. Drags!!!

saltflats likes this.
  12. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Nothing like taking it down to the wire.
    Hoping to see a cam shaft sometime on Monday.

atch send a message if there is anything I can do to help.

13. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Dang Atch, you mean I get to see your smiling face twice in one year? Looking forward to it buddy.

14. Just got back from the Hotrod Hillclimb. Now it's time to switch cars, go to work for three days then head to Joplin. Think I'm gonna contend for the Yayhoo cup this year.

KCsledz likes this.
  15. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Atch sounds like you have plenty of time there wasnt even a "I broke this on wed night, crap, now I gotta start over" and a "I'm on my way at 3:30 am on sat morning" lol plus there was no Wednesday or Thursday on the timeline id say you got this noooo problem stay calm my friend and see ya at the drags P. S. I'm still finishing the transmission swap in the Willys so I ain't far ahead of you lol

KCsledz likes this.
  16. Damn its like a normal Missouri HAMB Drags thrash. I love it.

Sometime this week I got to tune the roadster. I expect it will happen on Thursday afternoon so the raven can make the run last minute like always. Hoping for an 11 this year. We'll probably have to put the kid in it to do it though. :D

OK big news for anyone needing something hauled to or from Joplin. My bike is running like a bandit ( did I ever own anything that wasn't) but I am cruising the wife's late model Silverado this year. Not going to go into it maybe in a private conversation.

Anyway I am traveling alone so there are 3 extra seats if you are on shanks mares this year and room in the bed if you need something hauled from KC (or the surrounding area). No charge I'm going that way anyway. ;)

Aside from that I think everyone knows this but if you don't I am damned good with a wrench and its crunch time. if you catch my drift.

Thrash on fellas. If I don't see you before I'll see you in Joplin on Friday night. I'll be the one with the lamp shade on his head. :D

luckythirteenagogo likes this.
  17. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Is the lamp shade to keep the glare down on that bright light?

18. No its just a hat. LOL it does help with the red nose though. I have been known to put Rudolf to shame when I get a glow on.

hows the motor coming, you gonna make it?

19. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Hope to see the cam today
    should piss off the neighbors tomorrow.

20. KCsledz

KCsledz

AAAAH! I've got the HAMB DRAGS fever! This is going to be the longest week EVER!!!!

21. Good for you ;)

@KCsledz yes it is going to be an exceptionally long week. Brutal to say the least.

KCsledz likes this.
  22. tricky steve

tricky steve
    from fenton,mo.

very cool !! thanks !!
    I think that will be a poster in the shop !!

23. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I wished I had a bigger photo but someone sent that one to me back in the day. Send me a PM with an email address and I will send you the biggest one I have.

24. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Well the Willys is running and driving I got a few adjustments to make but so far so good hopefully this mighty mopar Trans will stand the test of time lol

saltflats and KCsledz like this.
  25. If it don't make it spectacular. Hell I'll even help pick up the pieces. ;)

26. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Oh it will be spectacular that is for sure lol the last one took 4 hrs to clean up fortunately it was the last run of the day lol
    It did make for a good photo op here is the pic

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1439861540.270961.jpg

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
    saltflats likes this.
  27. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Ill be there, plugging away. Hoping for better than last year with a new Richmond Super T-10 4 speed. Gary

Attached Files:

28. J&JHotrods

J&JHotrods

This weekend just can't get here fast enough. Ready to be at MO-KAN!

KCsledz likes this.
  29. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Just for the ones looking and thinking they wont go. DSC_2696.JPG DSC_2729.JPG

30. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Hey Saltflats I think I know that guy in the model T lmao