Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The Torr-Nado T blows into Kansas!!

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Bugsy, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

So...it's been a while since I've posted anything on the T but I've been busy trying to get it ready for the mountain! We leave in two days and as per usual, I'm still trying to finish some things up. After I got it running, I tore into the brakes. The plan was to run the wide 5's but it's going to take some machining of the plates and hubs to run them and I just don't have the time. So, I decided to rob the wheels and tires off of the Dust Bowl instead.

[​IMG]

This is what you get when you fail to run properly at the Hill Climb.....I'm still not happy with her!!
    [​IMG]

I've had to button up a lot of small items and still have some more to go. Got the seat bottom and riser fabbed up and still have to do the back. Seatbelts in too.....
    [​IMG]

Fabbed up an E-Brake using the lever off the Dust Bowl. Simple mount off the tranny and it works great.
    [​IMG]

Brake light.....
    [​IMG]

The scallops should make it run a bit faster.....
    [​IMG]

Going to finish off the paint, seat back, change fluids and some other, last minute details and then we'll head west and see what happens. I was able to complete about 75% of what I wanted to do to it but she is going to have to go in the current form. The Tech guys are just going to love her!!

Here's another one of my crappy videos to prove that she can move under her own power. Hope this isn't the only hill that she makes it up!!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
    Stogy, gwhite, Tim and 2 others like this.
  2. NoSurf

NoSurf

Looking great. Can't wait to see/hear how you do in Georgetown!

3. R A Wrench

R A Wrench
    from Denver, Co

Will be up the hill in Georgetown & looking for this ride. Should be even better than the the last two races.

4. Whoop whoop!!

5. Pete

Pete

That is soooo cool! Pics of the scallops?

6. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Pete,
    I hope to finish them up tonight and will take a shot of them. Just a quickie job but looks at home on a dirt car!! The more I mess with the T, the more I like it!!! It's been a fun, little project and hoping she holds up in the mountains.

7. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

Looks great. Can't wait to see it. The hillclimb is going to be a blast.

8. rtsidejohnny

rtsidejohnny

image.jpg Bad Dust Bowl, bad Dust Bowl! I'm glad you're taking a hard line with her Bugsy...these days too many car owners let them get away with murder. A little time out should help her attitude!

On a happy note, me and my gal are loaded and hitting the road for Georgetown tomorrow! Can't Waite to see you and the Torr-nado there!! Happy travels.
    Cheers, Johnny

Stogy, bondojunkie, UNCLECHET and 4 others like this.
  9. UNCLECHET

UNCLECHET

I'll keep my eye's peeled for this baby at Georgetown! Best of luck!

10. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Damn Johnny!! I don't even trust my 2003 Ford to pull my T to the mountains!! You guys are going to have a fun trip for sure!!

UncleChet....I'm sure we won't be too hard to find in Georgetown!! Look me up for sure though!!

UNCLECHET likes this.
  11. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Well....after some rattle canning and a bit of brush work, here's how she looks.....I still have some firewall work I'd like to do but that may not happen. Just a few, last minute details and we'll be pulling outta Dodge tomorrow afternoon.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Stogy, -Brent-, kiwijeff and 6 others like this.
  12. You are my hero! Safe travels man!

13. TBone69

TBone69
    from NJ

Bugsy, that little T is looking bad ass! Gotta bring it back east for the Race of Gentlemen in it's new form.

14. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

TBone....Thanks, Man!! Yeah...I would love to come to the ROG someday! The funny thing is that she's still full of sand from Pete's runs in it last year!!!

15. TBone69

TBone69
    from NJ

LOL, that's great! Just like all the salt that you can never get out from Bonneville.

Gotta ask ya cause I don't think Pete ever fessed up to what he made the nose out of, I guessed a wheel barrow?

16. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Believe it or not, I haven't asked him yet! I'm not 100% sure if it is a wheel barrow or not! It's still a mystery!!

sko_ford likes this.
  17. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Well...she's as done as she is going to be and we are headed to the mountain! Have had a lot of fun working on this little T and am looking forward to taking it further! Need to take it up the mountain first though!!! We are loaded and ready to head west with the Torr-Nado T! ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1439402848.142282.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1439402889.491812.jpg

18. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

19. NoSurf

NoSurf

Go Man Go.

I'll be at the top of the run in spirit!!!

20. rtsidejohnny

rtsidejohnny

Bugsy, the Torr-nado looks TOO fast! Let's go racing!

We're here but not the way we thought. Tow car died, so we drove out in the race car! Still looking for you buddy, I'll see you at the top!!
    Johnny image.jpg

21. Pete

Pete

Looks like a good time with good people, drive fast and be safe fellas!

22. [​IMG] [​IMG] Always a great time when I get to hang with Jason and his awesome kids!

Oh and @rtsidejohnny, it was a pleasure hanging with you two as well!

23. So howed it run?
    Sure looks the part, and after getting caught up with this thread, I was hoping to hear good things on how it performed. :)

volvobrynk and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  24. Hey Jason, I was going to be there to cheer you on and say hi.... but shit happens:(......next year. Anyway have a great time and please get some coverage for us. :cool::cool::D:D JW

25. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Cactus, thanks for posting those for me! Always a blast with you guys as well! Johnny, you and Suzy are insane but so glad you guys made it safe and great to meet you all as well!

The Torr-Nado T ran great!! So awesome to finally make it up that damn hill! I hope to see some video of it as there was lots of people there filming. Such a great event with great people! I have a lot more to do with the car but I'm so stoked about it! ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1439816362.647246.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1439816429.365337.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1439816527.607188.jpg

26. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

27. Great thread with a happy ending, although I'm sure we'll see more of this car.
    I'm stoked it ran so well.

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  28. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Jeff...thanks, Man! We sure had fun and can't wait for more adventures in the Torr-Nado T!

Here are a couple of more pics that I ran across. Not sure how much longer the three of us are going to fit in it but we'll squeeze in as long as we can!! Going to drop them off at school in it later this week and my boy already has plans on driving it up the hill in a few years!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

29. Those rule! Wow!

30. '54Caddy

'54Caddy

Very cool! Nice work!