Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Pete Eastwood built 29' roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Barillaro Speed Emporium, May 30, 2014.

1. Beer and productivity is a beautiful thing.

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

The fun part of the build , enjoy !

3. Front suspension going in the chassis and I can't paint and finish shit fast enough!

Attached Files:

4. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Looks good but the beer and pizza sounds better. Keep us informed.

5. Hahaha, Thanks Lynn! Beer, Pizza, and Hot Rods.... that's a good night in the garage.

6. One piece at a time

Attached Files:

Outback likes this.
  7. You guys are smokin'!! When is the big debut?

8. Not soon enough! Taking my time so the car comes out nice but I'm shooting for this Fall.

9. Making some progress, painted the rear spring and rear drums and assembled the front brakes, tie rod, and steering arm. Trying to decide if I should paint the shocks black or get some chrome ones.

Attached Files:

10. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Go chrome on the front shocks as they make their own statement coming down the street. They will look good aginst the black paint. Just mho.............Thanks for keeping us informed as everything looks really good...............

11. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Compromise ,,, black chrome .

12. I have always liked black chrome.

13. Roadsir

Roadsir

Progress is looking good. Can't wait to see this car come together again.

14. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Like the man said----------"Its yours, build it like YOU like it"

15. Thanks Don,
    Words to live by when your building a hot rod for yourself!

16. I picked up a pair of 16 X 3 1/2" 40' Ford V860 wheels this spring. Decided to run 4.50's and them and the ribbed 5.00's on the 16 x 4 1/2" wheels I bought from wheelsmith. I plan to have some 8.90 dirt trackers to match so I can swap back and forth in the future.

Attached Files:

17. cuzncletus

cuzncletus

I'm normally not a fan of chromed backing plates as they impart a kind of "Mr. T" level of bling to a front end. But the blacked out inset with the chrome outer is a touch of subtlety that won't go unnoticed. Ditto a sparing use of chrome in other areas. A small chrome item here or a shiny bolt there doesn't overpower the eye and allows the entire car to be seen. The other extreme was the monochromatic look of the 90's. Shapes got lost in a sea of the same color. Every time I see too much chrome I just think too much money.

18. Trying to get the rear axle in without scratching everything.

Attached Files:

19. sota

sota

Looks GREAT Jim!!!

20. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

YEAH!!! If you are going to scratch your rear end do it in the privacy of your garage.............

21. cuzncletus

cuzncletus

Nice car but it looks very dated. A set of 22"s would make it look like a fresh build. I think I know someone who could use those skinny old 16"s.

22. Hahaha, your to funny Pat!!!

23. Still bolting parts to the frame and doing final wet sanding on the body. It's finally cooling off a little in east TN.

Attached Files:

CTaulbert likes this.
  24. Sprayed the bottom of the body and a few parts 1932 Tunis grey today. I am sure glad I don't have to sand the bottom of the floor anymore! Moving forward...

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  25. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

Don't have to sand anymore! Aren't you going to wet sand and buff?
    Looks great!

26. Going to make the Shades?

27. This car is supposed to be a driver, No way am I buffing anymore than I have to! Thanks!

28. I doubt I will be done for shades, I might drive it to TROG if I get done in time.

29. Dennis Lacy

Dennis Lacy

I was trying to figure out how to quote the picture of the front brake assembly that accompanied this post but couldn't...

Your front brake shoes are installed backwards. On the '39-'48 Ford brakes the long lining goes on the front and the shorter lining goes on the rear. You need to switch them around.

30. Thanks Dennis,
    I will switch them. Good eye,