Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Drag cars in motion.......picture thread.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Royalshifter, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Mallicoat Brothers B/Gas Supercharged
    [​IMG]

2. 296ardun

296ardun

This was OCIR, Lions had electric starters, and when they fired a fuel engine, the lights would dim as it pulled current...OCIR had this sbc-powered starter, it worked well until the sbc ran out of gas, which it did once when I was there...

3. D.N.D.

D.N.D.
    Member Emeritus

It gets a bit exciting when you are holding on to one of the front wheels, and that fire breathing beauty comes to life and there is nitro on the rollers & tires and the rear of the car is moving back and forth and trying to jump out of the rollers too

When the driver primes in the injectors and raw fuel gets on the tires and rollers, it becomes a bit un-nerving right before she fires as it's a ' Slip sliding away ' kinda deal

Boy those were great times at the Beach for the Sat nite top fuel shows

4. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

11866474_10152993800346850_8373514618467035021_n.jpg Parts is parts!

hendelec and Dean Lowe like this.
  5. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

6. [​IMG]

1962 Winternationals winners

7. DuWayne Engness, from Fargo, was an oft-times visitor with his "Hot Sauce" carsblown rat motor on gas powered this dragster chassis with a bucket T bodyBob Buccini retired the NHRA BB/C (?) national record driving this carphoto shown is 1968 vintage taken from Youthbeat's Keystone article
    [​IMG]

hendelec and Dean Lowe like this.
  8. I think IRP had a roller starter as well at one time, though I get the impression that they were only used for a year or two. Remnants of the set up were still visible in the east side pit area, at least up to a few or more years ago.