Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest BO Huff passes away

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flattandscruggs1, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Blue Moon Garage

Blue Moon Garage

Bo at Viva Las Vegas 2012. Nice guy, will be missed. Bo Huff 3.JPG

23 Skidoo likes this.
  2. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

I met Bo at a show a few years ago, he came up to me and "Said I Like Your Car", and was not afraid to tell me. After a long conversation I had only admiration for the genuine man and his knowledge. Gone Too Early. R.I.P. Bo.

23 Skidoo likes this.
  3. Swiss50chevy

Swiss50chevy

Damn shame. Rip

4. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In 2002 eight of us decided to take a hot rod trip to Bonneville. We met up with a friend in Utah and he convinced us to make a side trip to Sunnyside to check out Bo's shop. Like one of the previous stories it was closed when we arrived. We came back down the road to his museum and were looking around when it drove up on his way back from some trip. He took the whole afternoon out and give us a guided tour of the museum and his shop. The first morning at Bonneville we were sitting around watching the trials when he drove up with two of his shop guys in his 47 Ford coupe. He said he decided the night we left to come up and hang out with us. There was an ice cream truck making it's way around the crowd playing 50's rock and roll. Bo stopped the drive and paid him to park beside us and play the music for an hour. IT WAS A GREAT DAY.

Bo was wearing one of his early skull and cross bones danger zone T-shirts and I ask him where I could order one. He said "wait a minute" and went over to his coupe, opened up the trunk, then his suitcase and tossed me a new one he had brought to wear the next day. I said" I can't take this" and he insisted. One of my prized possession to this day.

After that I ran into Bo at some car show almost every year and he always remembered me. Most times he would ask if I had a cold spare beer, which I was always glad to provide him. We would stand and talk and drink our beer and I was always impressed with what a down to earth guy he was despite the fame.

To his family and friends: you couldn't have had a better person in your life.

23 Skidoo likes this.
  5. von zipper

von zipper

I saw him at Greasers and Gamblers show in Joliet this summer, I'm sorry I didn't go talk to him! I know Voodoo Larry, and he's very bummed from his passing!

23 Skidoo likes this.
  6. von zipper

von zipper

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1439007379.563133.jpg

At Greasers and Gamblers with Thumper

7. flattandscruggs1

flattandscruggs1
    from alabama

here are some photos from his funeral today. ph1.jpg ph1.jpg

23 Skidoo likes this.
  8. flattandscruggs1

flattandscruggs1
    from alabama

9. flattandscruggs1

flattandscruggs1
    from alabama

10. flattandscruggs1

flattandscruggs1
    from alabama

11. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

I was misdiagnoised with multiple myeloma last year thank god! It is one of the worst forms of cancer there is, an always terminal. It starts in the blood cells in your bone marrow, eating away your bones and cause them to fracture real easy. eventually it moves on to your liver and kidneys . most people will never know they have it till its to late. bone marrow transplants and chemo will buy you some time, but most are gone in a year or two! So if Bo made it 5 he was not only a great guy and builder, He was also one tough son of a gun!!!! R I P And for everybody else, I will have to have my blood tested every 6 months the rest of my life [ I am 60] but if things go south they may catch it early enough to buy me 5 years more time ! Get Tested !! Cancer is one bad ass muther Again Bo R I P Larry

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
    23 Skidoo likes this.
  12. What can you say at the passing of a man like this? Put those shoes in a museum cause they can never be filled.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

23 Skidoo likes this.
  13. CyaNide

CyaNide
    from Texas

I love his work. He will always be an inspiration. I wish I had met him after reading all the great stories in this thread.

RIP

CN

23 Skidoo likes this.
  14. Henry Bennett

Henry Bennett

15. plymouth52

plymouth52

bo car funeral.jpg
    Car Clubs Inbound to Bo's Funeral
    It was a Sad & Somber Day.
    We celebrated his Life
    We Drank Beer, We took over the Street
    He would have been proud
    R.I.P Bo

23 Skidoo likes this.
  16. flamin01a

flamin01a

Met Bo at Daytona one year, I broke a door handle spring, didn't have any tools to fix it. He took me to Chopit's trailer and we found 2 door latches, opposite sides. We needed mama's side, so chopit showed us both, how to tell them apart. The passenger side was not worn at all! I know you remember that Bo, I know you're smiling.

40fordtudor and 23 Skidoo like this.
  17. If a man leaves this world a better place for having touched so many peoples lives he will never be forgotten.

Looking at the photo's of his funeral it is evident that he had many friends and loved ones who morn his passing.

Good Speed Bo Huff. HRP

40fordtudor, Saxman and 23 Skidoo like this.
  18. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Never met Bo. I have seen much of his work, and dont ever remember seeing a picture of him where he was not surrounded by friends. Like Pat foster and so many others he was one of the best at his trade and style. Should we all be so lucky. God Speed .
    Mitch

40fordtudor likes this.
  19. That was one hell of a story & you are a damn fine writer.

Great memories & while I never met Bo, this sounds like a great guy the entire planet was blessed to have standing on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

20. "Blocked in your country due to copyright issues" (USA)

21. Another great memory.

22. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

NOTE TO ALL:

I didn't want to add another thread to this Site about Bo, I figured to simply add this Info BOTH here and on the thread I originally created about Bo's Health...and that should work out okay.

I'VE PLACED A SPECIAL "TRIBUTE TO BO HUFF" on the Front Page of the HOF Legends Site. He was a friend to all of us here, and one that we'll all truly miss. The Tribute encompasses his hard work, lifelong love of our American Iron, and, some of my personal thoughts on this truly iconic Hall of Famer & friend.

ALSO, in honor of Bo, during the month of August I'll be Featuring TWO different Interviews that we've done over the last few years, every week on the Website. If you're new to the H.A.M.B., or, haven't heard any of Bo's stories before, here's your chance to hear his great voice, learn from his ideas, and, most of all, hear what a great sense-of-humor he had ! Our Interviews were always one-on-one...and Bo loved the fact that I was archiving his history so his stories could be heard World Wide...24/7/365.

The first two Featured Interviews cover his '56 Chevy "The Hustler" & the rare '42 Ford Coupe "The Rockabilly Hound Dog"...TWO new adds will be on the Site this weekend. What you'll be hearing is "The Best Of Bo" ! (You may want to pass this Info onto one of your friends if they're not always able to check-out the H.A.M.B. AND, the HOF Legends Site is best-viewed on a Laptop or Desktop. The Site is built, with a lotta work, for the "big screen" and does not translate well to iPhones/iPods.)

Thanks again to everyone here ! Bo's probably smiling down right now...thanking you for the respect you've shown him during his darkest days.
    Jonnie www.legends.thewwbc.net

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  23. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

24. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

AS PROMISED, I've re-edited & re-added TWO more of Bo's Interviews to honor him and his long, hard-working career. If you've not heard these before, you'll certainly learn alot about Bo, and, how well he loved our culture.

TO HEAR HIS specs on the build of the Panochero, AND, his humble, thankful, words & feelings on being Inducted into the KKOA Hall of Fame, just go to the Front Page Tribute on the HOF Legends Site, and ALL of these Special Interviews are just below the Tribute...I'm leaving them all up during the month of August to honor Bo. Click-On-This Link: www.legends.thewwbc.net

BO 3: [​IMG]

KUSTOM CAR GURU, BO HUFF, created a one-off classic '57 Ford Ranchero called the : "Panochero" ! This magnificent ride was a winner at the GNRS, shown in Calfornia for a year, and was also featured at the "Then & Now" exhibit at the 2011 GNRS.

Now you'll here how Bo first gave me the complete info and list of mods performed on the beautiful, radical, PANOCHERO in this one-on-one Interview we did at the KKOA Lead Sled in Salina in 2011.

BO 4: [​IMG] HE BECAME ONE OF THE MOST ICONIC Rod & Custom Builders of the last decade, and in 2012 was inducted into THREE Rod & Custom Halls of Fame. The latest Induction for that year was at the 32nd Annual Kustom Kemps of America Leadsled Spectacular in Salina, Kansas. (Pictured above with Bo...that's me on the Left, and, our good buddie, John D'Agostino, on the Right...just after Bo's KKOA Induction.)

Jonnie www.legends.thewwbc.net

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  25. Jonnie King - Once again, thank you for documenting and archiving hot rod history for the rest of us. I love visiting your site, my friend.

I didn't know Bo Huff personally but he sounds like a heck of a good guy. His talent and creative eye are amazing. The name "Panochero" cracks me up. Those of you who have grown up in Spanish speaking areas of the country will probably understand it.

Rest in peace, Mr. Huff.

26. rustryder

rustryder
    from Dinuba ca

I never met Mr Huff,but I always mention his name when im talking about the best.He was one of my hereos.

27. Never met him. Dont think I ever would, but this is really sad.
    We get used to have these kind of valuable highly skilled people as references for one of the best, and suddenly have to face this. Really sad.
    My condolences to family and friends.