Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The bucket of ugly! A de-uglifying thread...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by need louvers ?, Aug 14, 2013.

1. You are going to miss that and yes...what will replace your Bucket????
    Jeremy

2. It will be a sad day indeed when you part with your bucket Fred...
    Well finally we are home and I have my computer and about 5000 photos of our travels.:eek: I will only bore you with the bucket related ones:cool:.So as soon as I can get them uploaded I'll post some.:D

Tim_with_a_T likes this.
  3. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Graham
    Glad you got home safe. Great to spend time with you and your lovely wife at LARS although I couldn't understand a word she said but enjoyed hearing her say it. Hope the remainder of your trip was as enjoyable for you and her.
    Three T hotrods above, not alike but all perfect.
    The only thing that drives me KRAZY is that Koolie Kar Klone has the wrong headlight brackets.

Gary

4. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

A good friend gave me a lead on a nice '27 coupe. Talks are going well, but my wallets a little short. Here's my ad on the Houston Craigs List.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  5. More room he says..... a '26 Coupe he says! :D:D:D Have you sat in a finished one yet? That's NOT much more room,! Not that it's any of my business, Fred, but I think $6500.00 is too cbeap! I've never seen your car in person, but honestly, if it runs and drives you ought to be able to get $10,000.00. If I had any money right now, it would already be sold, it's just too good of a deal! You should AT LEAST ask $8,000.00 for it, because you know the Craigslist flakes are going to try to talk you down (it's human nature, doesn't make a difference HOW good of a deal it is, people are always gonna try to get it cheaper!). I think your selling yourself short on this one. Good luck with the sale my ffiend!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Fred, that should be sold already at that price, Blownfuel is right, it appears your too low on the price unless you are looking to get a quick sale rather than what it is worth.

7. Really? Gary must be slipping or biting down on a leather strap...

8. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Wow, guys, settle down. I've sat in a '27 and liked it and I'm getting a GREAT deal, but I have to act fast. I really do wish it would sell quickly. I've got some great ideas in my head for the new project. You'll all just have to wait and see.

9. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

I wish you luck in getting your deal done and get your new project bought. We'll be patiently waiting for your build thread, so we can follow along on the journey! :cool:

10. Good luck on the sale, Fred!

11. nobux

nobux

It's funny Fred. I was reading through your build thread on tbucketeers.com the other day because I remembered you had listed the part #s for radiator hoses that worked for you. (Thanks by the way, they fit great!).

You had so much enthusiasm for the build that you actually seemed disappointed when it was basically done. After the accident, you jumped back in to fix and improve it.

Bigger and better! Good for you. Make sure you document the build like you did with the bucket!

Karl

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  12. Tim_with_a_T

Tim_with_a_T

Just to clear up any confusion, I was planning the IDEAS of brake scoops and holes in the backing plates in my head, not the physical objects. Everyone here knows there's no room in my head for anything but cobwebs and sand

loudbang likes this.
  13. Pretty sure we discussed seatbelts a while back, but I just found out a hot rod buddy was killed last night in his '32 roadster. Car was a serious piece, kinda surprised to learn it didn't have seatbelts (I would have expected 5 point harnesses in this thing.....it had a Stout blown 392 in it). Details are still coming out on what happened, but it left the on ramp and ran down into a ditch, flipped and he was thrown out. He collided with a wood post head first, and died on the scene. Can't say he would have made it if he was wearing a seat belt, but he would have had a better chance. Still believe this is a deeply personal choice, but think hard on it. Be safe out there.

Kurt (Blownfuel)

14. Tim_with_a_T

Tim_with_a_T

Kiwi Paul, I need to call you! I'll try giving you a ring tomorrow when I'm out on the road.

Here's what I'm thinking for the backing plates. Nothing too spectacular, but should do the trick.

1438664074687.jpg

1438664095515.jpg

1438664118497.jpg

1438664135105.jpg

15. Tim_with_a_T

Tim_with_a_T

Kurt,
    I'm sorry for your loss. You and your friend's family are in my thoughts and prayers.

volvobrynk likes this.
  16. Thank's, Tim. Pretty devastated right now. Even though the car was pretty destroyed, I just can't help feeling seatbelts would have helped. There was another very similar accident in the same place not too long ago, only it was at least one (and I think 2) California Highway Patrol officer. Sounds like there are extenuating circumstances involving this strech of road. I used to believe I didn't want to be in my T if it flipped over, but I'm seeing now the odd's aren't that much better if your thrown out of it. All I can say is this will be in my mind whenever I think about getting on that hemi from now on.

17. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Kurt, my condolences as well for the loss of a buddy. IMHO seat belts are usually the best option when involved in an accident.

volvobrynk likes this.
  18. Thank's Dick, I think so too!

19. brad2v

brad2v

[​IMG]Spotted this on the vintage shots thread. I'm in love again...

20. You have good taste Brad.:cool::D
    Jeremy

brad2v likes this.
  21. brad2v

brad2v

Thanks Jeremy. I like to think I do :D
    If I only had the space, time, and cash to build all the cars in my head....

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  22. But in your head they are already built.:rolleyes::D
    Jeremy

23. A Boner

A Boner

Wow.....this is really a nice one!
    image.jpg

24. butch27

butch27

Any idea of who's car that is?

25. brad2v

brad2v

Haha, yes. I think most of us car guys suffer the same affliction. I've been mentally building cars for as long as I can remember. And my 'on deck' A rpu has been built at least half a dozen different ways, and in probably 20 colors.

loudbang likes this.
  26. brad2v

brad2v

Tim_with_a_T likes this.
  27. Tim_with_a_T

Tim_with_a_T

Very slowly gathering the necessary parts for the "Snub Tub" as I'm going to call it. If anyone has AFFORDABLE WCFB carbs I can use to clone a Vette dual quad, I am all ears. Also, and as always any Twin Blue Stewart Warners ;)

1439005159012.jpg

1439005173588.jpg

1439005188414.jpg

The idea is to loosely tribute this Keith Weesner masterpiece (Warning! I left this one as a thumbnail for a reason! Be careful clicking if you're at work or something similar!) And yes, I am only building a similar styled vehicle to attract similar exciting scenery ;)

Attached Files:

volvobrynk and brad2v like this.
  28. Tim_with_a_T

Tim_with_a_T

...and it's not a thumbnail on the app... Well, I tried.

29. brad2v

brad2v

Nice little collection of parts, Tim.