Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The HAMB Drags are one month away.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by porknbeaner, Jul 22, 2015.

1. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Haha thanks for the thoughts porknbeaner but I don't need the parking lot lol I have a lift and I'm lazy plus I only live 3 miles from Mokan but I have done that before hell I was gonna swap it at meltdown but couldn't come up with enough parts

Saltflats I'll get in touch with you thanks man

2. 3 miles that would be .075 gallon for me. one way or .15 gallon round trip you sure ask a lot. :D

Looks like you're racin.

Next !!!??? :D

3. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Yeah my fuel mileage is in the same ball park if I could keep my foot off the throttle it might actually do better but what would be the fun in that there is two speeds in my Willys flat on the floor and of course broken lol

4. LOL I am getting about 40 out of my current mode of transportation and it has two speed as well cable stretched to the limit and broken primary chain. ;)

5. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Ha well the Willys has currently gotten about 1200 mpg on its current tank of fuel lol I filled it up before leaving for the meltdown and I've only used about a gallon since lol unfortunatly I only made 3 1/4 mile passes before it blew the entire bottom of the transmission out of it

6. 40 mpg is why it will take me .075 one way. LOL That's like about a teaspoon full? :D

Hope you make the new tranny last for the entire day Saturday. They say breakin' is racin, but who really wants to do it.

7. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Still got it Benno, it's in the classifieds. Sure would be fun to run it, but would rather sell and move on. I'm heading to OK with a buddy to pick up an old IH farm truck from his family in Kansas, so OK is halfway point, but I'm trying to get him to reschedule and relocate the meet point to Joplin so we can do the drags as well.

rod1 likes this.
  8. Sure be cool if you made it. The little beasty makes me wish I was born rich instead of so handsome. Anyone that could get their hands on tat one would have a big ol' handful of fun. ;)

I would sure like to see that one run on comp coupe @ MOKAN or even gas coupe/sedan

9. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Is there a time and place on friday to get cars teched in

10. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes...the MOKAN guys are always in the Convention Center parking lot Friday Night doing some tech work...

11. Unless the rules have changed you can tech at the hotel or tech at the track. I like the idea of being ready to run when you get there or knowing what you need to change to be legal before you get there so teching at the hotel is a good idea that way you still have time before the races to get squared away.

Normally if you have already run at another track and passed tech you are golden.

12. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't see anyway the Austin is going to make it this year. If we had not made the Blower Audible (as I like to call it) this Spring we might have had a chance. But we are still waiting on the new rotating assembly. It is supposed to be here Thursday but I still don't see how we could get all back together in time. It is a really bummer!

20150511_185247.jpeg

13. LOL I probably shouldn't admit this but there has been more than one year that we trashed the week before the drags just to get there and left with the mods done(ish) late Thursday or Friday. One year we started an engine swap Tuesday evening, built a set of headers, had to overcome a flywheel/flexplate problem, built a new coil mount for the different coil and tuned. Added a tach and a rear view mirror last minute. Did it all in the driveway because the garage was full of Studebaker. You should have seen it, all the neighbors were all out in their yards clapping and cheering when we made our first full passes in the street. :D

This is not to say that you will make it but it would be damned fun to try. We would all like to see that little Austin leaving wheels up. ;)

14. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the words of encouragement! There are so many untested systems and loose ends etc. I just can't see any daylight yet. I am hoping to hit the MOKAN fall Hot Rod Reunion for a quick mechanical shake down and then slide it back in the shop this winter for the final FINAL FINAL build details. Already counting down to the 2016 Meltdown and HAMB Drags. Be fast and be safe!

15. Well fast I can do sometimes faster than the rest. safe now that is a different story, but I will try. ;)

Maybe you can work it out and still make the run. If you're close remember yours wouldn't be the first to get tested and tuned in the hotel parking lot. ;)

16. I wish someone was bringing one of these:

imagesROKBXVAE.jpg

17. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

The guys from Kansas City area who run the time warp will be there and it's a spot on car injected sbc on gas with clutchflite

18. tricky steve

tricky steve
    from fenton,mo.

O.k
    The jamb drags are awesome! If you want to spend the and money to make 3 runs.

19. haychrishay

haychrishay

My hilite of the year, any of you 40 ford guys gonna be there!

20. Last year we made 6 passes and the money run. And the ante is cheap. I can remember the buy in NHRA being above a grand in the '70s, and you could put it on the trailer at any point and never see the finals. :rolleyes:

21. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

I've been to every one of the HAMB Drags. I've made a pass or two at each one. I spend most of my time watching and visiting. I view the HAMB DRAGS as a social event with racing. If you are attending to be a serious competitor you will probably be disappointed. I can't do any smack talking because I'm not fast. Sam

22. You got to lie about it when you're talking smack. That's racin. ;)

I haven't even brought a car (of my own) to the races in years. It is a social gathering with races, you go and participate where ever you can fit in. :D

Sometimes I have to laugh about it, I see friends from St Jo once a year in the hotel parking lot. St Jo is like half and hour or 40 minutes from here. So I travel 3 hours ( give or take) to spend time with people I really like who live 40 minutes away. Uh once a year.

But I do get to harass people in the pits and that racin too. ;)

[note: I don't do as much harassing as I used to my legs are getting a few miles on them and my pit bike is 1300 CCs.]

Malcolm likes this.
  23. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Just three weeks from now we'll be on our way down there!

24. atch

atch

Well, for Clarence and me the thrash is on. Rebuilt the T-350 trans Wednesday. Well; I didn't rebuild it. Steve graciously allowed me to clean parts and watch him rebuild it. Got the engine 95% done. Gotta clean out enough of the shop to get Clarence in the door to remove the front clip and switch out the tired 283 and blown T-350 for the fresher sbc and new T-350. I won't be fast, but I'll be a lot faster than in previous years. I won't be makin' gobs of horsepower, but prolly a hunnert or so more than the 283 had.

I'm lookin' for Denise to show up in Big Olds. Hopefully she won't be able to do the prom queen wave goin' down the track while lookin' at me in her mirrors this time. I may not catch her but I'll be waaaay closer than in years gone by.

Since MoKan is the only place I see some of you scalawags; and since I've missed the last two years; there are several of you I really want to see this year. Got a lot of catchin' up to do.

sodbuster and loudbang like this.
  25. I'll hook up with you about 10:00 Friday night so you can take me around the lot with a flash light and show me everyone's car. Maybe you can bring a bigger light this time that pen light just almost didn't get it the first time. :D

26. atch

atch

You're on.

Note to self: get/bring bigger flashlight...

27. The missus still talks about that. Maiden voyage for the pusher, found out that the wiper switch didn't work right and Atch and the flashlight. ;)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  28. atch

atch

I would hope that I have other attributes to talk about than my little light; or, well, maybe not...

KCsledz likes this.
  29. TMI brother. :D

30. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Hope you make it Mike.