Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage it's ok to crap on someone elses car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wheeldog57, Jul 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nobey

Nobey

I'm sorry that happened to you Wheeldog, but lets face it, ADVICE not asked for is an
    ack of aggression. I know that swap meets are the lowest form of commerce, and it brings
    out rudeness in folks. People run your stuff down trying to get a deal, but your car, NO.
    When something like this happens to me, I look em in the eye and say, I don't care if you
    buy my stuff, but I'm not going to stand here and listen to you shit. Work every time.

Model T1 likes this.
  2. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

I've seen lots of beautiful cars but none perfect yet I love almost all of them. I have also seen many people not too happy as well.

Model T1 likes this.
  3. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

and WTF is it with everyone on the HAMB slagging '69 Camaro guys lately?? If it keeps up like this, I am going to have to sell my small block S-10 and buy one. Man, when I bought that thing, I figured it was the most rod-a-billy (Atwater Mike regd. patent) offensive ride I could find, now it looks like I need a Camaro...Man, I just cant keep up with this shit...:p

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  4. There are people like that out there?

5. And I thought that only happened in the movies.

Model T1 likes this.
  6. afaulk

afaulk

I'd tell them to worry more about their car and less about mine.

7. One of these decals might help...available on Ebay.. 20150728_140126.jpg

Model T1, Dave Mc, woodz and 2 others like this.
  8. Bulletnose26

Bulletnose26

This guy is a pin head.
    Pay no attention.
    I was warned about jagoffs like this.
    Take it as a compliment, he noticed your car above all the others there!

bobss396 likes this.
  9. tell him his daughter liked it.

10. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Is that like saying your wife is alright, but I wouldn't screw her.... Many folks just lack common sense and common courtesy now days.

11. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Jim is right, regardless of where you go or what hobby you are in, there are always a certain percentage of people who are just rude assholes. You just have to let it go and consider the source. Or, you can say something like "Where is your car so I can give you my opinion on yours? :rolleyes:

I'm pissed for you, and I wasn't even there ! :mad:

Don

volvobrynk likes this.
  12. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

This make relative good sense but; you don't mess with another mans kids, car or wife!!!!!!!

You wait till they stop being "to young", his car or his wife!

13. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Honestly I really enjoy them. I am pretty quick on my feet. I usually make something totally ludicrous up and turn the tables on them. In your case something like...Well I hate to repaint it, you see this car once belonged to first drummer that played with Elvis. He and the King got into a fight one night and Elvis poured Tang all over the car (you know the astronaut drink) well at least the early version of it. Most people didn't realize that it had paint removal properties. Anyway, Elvis thought it would be funny but by morning it had damaged the original pristine finish. Elvis felt bad and bought the guy a new caddy but his brother kept this car and never touched it. So I hate to second guess the KING! The museum at Graceland has been trying to buy it now for 10 years.

14. Tony

Tony

Yep, like the others said...assholes everywhere.
    Ive delt with it before and surely will again.
    At one point when i was younger id let it get to me, now i could care less.
    About the only thing that chapped my ass in the past few years was a guy calling my 32 a rat rod a few weeks back at a cruise night ( that i rarely attend due to the armchair builders)
    Pissed me off at first, then shortly after i saw the same guy getting into a chevy traverse. No joke !
    That sight made me chuckle pretty good and forget all about his comment.
    Remember they are just words and 75% of the time are coming from someone who more than likely could not build thier own stuff....

Tony

Model T1 likes this.
  15. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

If anyone makes some negative comment on any of my cars I point to a sign I made which reads: If you see anything on this car which is not up to your standards send a cheque to the following address (mine) and I will correct the situation!

Have had I a few laughs but no money!!!

Model T1 and tb33anda3rd like this.
  16. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I always like the ones that ask "what color are you going to paint it?" HA

Model T1 likes this.
  17. I've also had the opposite! At the LA Roadsters show one year I complimented a guy , just said "Nice car! Very cool" and he took my head off. Started with "don't you see I'm talking to somebody" and went downhill from there! That's ALL I said to the geek, I wasn't trying to cozy up to him. I still don't get what's wrong with complimenting a guys car at a public busy event with a passing remark. Seems like some people are never happy! :confused:

Model T1 likes this.
  18. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

It's fun to say "I hope the rest of your day is as pleasant as speaking with you has been."
    Sometimes it take a while for it to register.

19. woodz

woodz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

People like that will always be there and always piss off people like us. The thing that I take comfort in is that these people probably deal with everything in their lives like that, which in turn would make their life very difficult.
    Like my Dad told my uncle "After five different wives, and five divorces, it might be you!"

20. Tn. Trash

Tn. Trash

Love that tag and the "El Camino", I would have a smile a sandblaster couldn`t get rid of driving that ride.

Have to let negative opinions like that roll off your back, not enough time in the day to worry about some lowlife.

21. After he finishes his critique, just stare at his face for a couple seconds and say, "Geez, what happened to your nose?" When he asks, "Why, what's wrong with it?" just reply thoughtfully, "Oh nothin', really, I guess."

At least he'll have to leave so he can find a mirror to stare into and try to figure out what's wrong with his nose. :rolleyes:

22. 41 C28

41 C28

I've had guys ask me when I was going to replace the 2bl on my Hemi with a 4 bl. I tell them as soon as someone donates an intake and a carb I'll change it.

Model T1 likes this.
  23. I don't get negative comments to my face.
    Maybe its the tattoos, two sleeved up arms seem to keep the plonkers away.

bobss396 likes this.
  24. Don't let bullies kick sand in your face. Get the Charles Atlas program as soon as you can. And, tattoos, people won't poke fun at your home made paint if you have tattoos.

Model T1, Gotgas, Spoggie and 2 others like this.
  25. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

It's one thing to do a little ribbing with your buddies about their cars, or to talk shit to a competitor before or after a race, but coming from a stranger, screw em. I had a guy at the gas pump telling me my old trucks paint looked good from the road, but bad up close and that it was too low. I just replied "yep, it's a real piece,of shit, have a nice day" then jumped in a took off and didn't think about him again until right now, 5 years later.

Model T1 and Gotgas like this.
  26. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

fukin priceless!!:D

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  27. Caprice89

Caprice89

Life's too short to pay attention to those envious people. Walk away with a smile on your face keep on enjoying your ride, rain or shine.

28. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

right turn Clyde

Hotrodmyk and ClayMart like this.
  29. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.