Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage it's ok to crap on someone elses car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wheeldog57, Jul 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

My dad used to say; " if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all"Yesterday I went to a swap meet to sell parts. I drove my 57 Chevy and filled the trunk and back seat with cool stuff to sell. About 2hrs into it, a man I never met was asking me why my paint job was so terrible and how it is probably time for a re-paint. When did it become ok to crap on someone elses car? I explained to him that it was rustoleum mixed with mineral spirits and cost me 35 dollars 5 years ago.He still didn't like it. There must be countless stories like this. How do you deal with it?

Molinellihornet and Model T1 like this.
  2. Ask to see his car. Probably don't have one, but gonna have a great one some day. Some people need life lessons.

volvobrynk and Denns1989 like this.
  3. squirrel

squirrel

plenty of assholes in the world...you just gotta let it go

4. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Some people just need ignoring.
    Wheeldog...theres no way to please everyone...but if you think "pleasing everyone" is what this game is all about, then you already lost!
    Hey...maybe the guy is just into Fords...LoL

5. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

buddy of mine crapped on someones car once, right on the hood. Well, it was actually at a dealers, does that count? Wiped his arse with his y fronts and hung them from the antenna IIRC. And yes, irresponsible consumption of libations played a role...

Spoggie and Model T1 like this.
  6. Model T1

Model T1

This happens at every car show and parking lot. Don't let it worry you.
    Birds crap on cars yet people make pets out of them!

48stude and lothiandon1940 like this.
  7. Opinions are like @$$holes, every one has one and it usually stinks.

volvobrynk and Model T1 like this.
  8. oldrelics

oldrelics
    from Calgary

Build your car for you, and you only. Ignore the rest.

9. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Sweet Jesus! You mean...:eek:... really?? Man, there have been times when I was tempted to wipe my arse on someones crybaby doll, but WOW!:eek::D I was tempted to say "man, that's some wild shit" but decided to let decorum prevail...

10. HUSSEY

HUSSEY

11. ev88f

ev88f

When they break out their check book and start buying parts for your car, that's when their opinions start to matter...

tb33anda3rd and Model T1 like this.
  12. I just smile and ignore them, no reason to stoop to their level.

13. Model T1

Model T1

Crybaby dolls are as interesting as those peeing dogs under a tire. :(:confused:

14. jcs64

jcs64

3 yrs ago a co worker (a 69 Camaro freak), started trash talking the build pics I brought in of my 51 plym (build thread in my sig bellow). Last comment he made before I stopped him was, thank god for bondo.
    I havnt said more than hi and bye ever since. But I do make it a point to leave the magazine features out on my bench and talk to the other guys about the long rd trips a large shows that always place my crappy build in there winners circles, lol
    being stubborn and holding grudges is something that Pollock's do well :)

jeff

Denns1989 and Model T1 like this.
  15. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Should have just told the guy, in a very paranoid sort of way, that the car was stolen, and you were only trying to cover it up. Then, if the police got involved, played dumb and you did't even know the guy, but seemed to be a little nuts. Passive-aggressive approach, and it works very well. Try it the next time it happens. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

Andamo and volvobrynk like this.
  16. Yes, it's OK for you to crap on my car, just don't crap in it.

Model T1 and falcongeorge like this.
  17. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That happened to one of mine. :(

18. Just say Well I guess nothings perfect ,have you looked in the mirror lately.

volvobrynk, tb33anda3rd and Model T1 like this.
  19. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

My wife used to point out things loudly and I had to remind her not everyone's taste in cars is like ours. I was also proud of her for knowing the difference between good craftsmanship and not.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Model T1 likes this.
  20. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Once I realize where the conversation is going, I butt in and say "who cares what you think" and turn my back.

If that doesn't work I get in his face and shout "GO AWAY! GO AWAY! GO AWAY! as loud as I can.

Usually they go away. Have not been slugged or shot yet, being 6'3" and 280 lbs may help. Or maybe they think they are dealing with a full blown lunatic. They may be right.

bobss396, kiwijeff and Model T1 like this.
  21. I thought your car looked fine! Your driving yours and enjoying it ! F@#$ what anybody else thinks.

22. If this is confessional and all statutes of limitations have expired ..... I may be privy to a bit of windshield privy myself. The timing of gastric event coupled with happenstance luck of principal Redmond's truck parked on a side street ... necessitated an early death of some gallant shorts. RIP

On another note ... I'd never be one to take my chances, talking mess about anyone's car .... to their face. Save that for when no ones looking. One should never voluntarily ask for an ass kicking, by spouting out some maybe fighting words.

Back to the first line ... turns out Mr Redmond had some dalliances with the widow behind our house. Kind of clued into that deal when she shockingly shared the scattered news of a mystery pooper. We had some big birds in our neighborhood. ;)

23. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

he said butt in a thread about crapping on cars...:D

kidcampbell71 and Model T1 like this.
  24. Well, just ignore it. It just is not important, there are just nuts and jerks everywhere, racing and shows are no exception. I have heard more crap at the drags than you can believe.
    Just develop a thick skin, understand it doesn't matter AND HAVE FUN FOR YOURSELF! Screw 'em!

Model T1 likes this.
  25. raymay

raymay

Most people are decent to talk to but there are always a few who come across as self proclaimed experts.
    I built and drove a 37 Chevy Kingcab Pickup in primer for years. People sometimes asked when I was going to finish it. I just told them if I am driving it then I guess it is about as done as it is going to get.
    When asked about the stone chips on the hood of my 56 ElCamino, I let them know that like my license plate says the car gets used and yes, the stone chips are real and not some fancy custom paint effect.

IMG_0712.JPG

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  26. Have pity on the dude. Just imagine how miserable his life must be that he has turned out this way.

27. trollst

trollst

Something I learned long ago, he probably can't remember you from five minutes ago....why are you concerned with what he or anyone else says, you're the one with the car on the road. That, my friend, is all that matters. By the way...when you gonna paint that thing?

28. cretin

cretin

I'm sure this is what all the rat rodders say about us. Just sayin'.

Spoggie likes this.
  29. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

looking at my authentic vintage Hamb Pocket Watch (TM) I see it's time for another one of these threads

30. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

wish I could do a "like times 5" on this, WELL SAID SIR! Truly words to live by...

volvobrynk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.