Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The Southern Employment Special

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by porknbeaner, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Hah all beano's good for is teaching the fine art of spinning a yarn, telling a tale, and letting everyone know when he's pulled into your driveway ;)

2. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

3. LOL I can help you find the wrong head bolts in a pinch. Who else do you know that can do that? :D

Tim likes this.
  4. OK Beeno,enough BS,go out in the shop and start working on the car! HRP

volvobrynk likes this.
  5. I been out there all afternoon. Working on other things when I need a rest. I think I may have been mistaken about my drop axle, I thought it was a '37/8 but it appears as though it is an A at least the bungs for the perch bolts seem to be in the right place. I probably better measure again before I start unscrewing things.

volvobrynk likes this.
  6. Measure twice, cut . . . wait a minute. :rolleyes:

7. Wouldn't be the first one I cut. :oops: :D

8. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

For the record it's been well over 100 deg with out counting our 50%+ humidity into it for the last few days. So heading into his non ac garage probably isn't very high on his to do list.

9. Well I got marching orders from the missus so I guess today I am fitting brakes to my drop axle or at least figuring out what I need to do to get brakes on it.
    Got to mow first.

Maybe I can drag the axle in the house. :D

10. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

What is your shop like I have a large 220 volt window unit that could help with this Mo weather.

11. Wait out this little heat wave, man. With the high humidity, it can be a killer. I spent about 2 hours Sunday trying to do some work on my son's OT vehicle. Not good, not healthy. Try to get that grass around daybreak, then stay cool for a few days. Fun in the shop can wait.

12. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Hey Benno,
    Just saw this thread for the first time. Looks like a good start for a cool car! Good for you!
    Paul

13. @saltflats I either work in my attached garage or in the driveway.

@osage orange they got this silly law here no mowing before 9:00 AM, but they come on the TV and say mow early or late. Mowing is not a problem I just stay hydrated and go for it.

Same with shop work I work a while and cool a while. Its all good, I know how to tell when its time for a cooling break. LOL

Well off to mow. :eek: :D

Paul thanks man. it actually looks like work but what project doesn't right?

14. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I say we get your shop organized for better function and then. Set up a work station in the basement. Then you can bang on that axle in the cooool

15. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

You could probably get away with mowing a bit earlier if you mower wasn't running a flathead with open headers!

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  16. The axle is nuthin, its just a matter of sliding the hub on and measuring, then its off to the bearing house. it wouldn't be the first vehicle that had pieces built in the house. Hell the engine I am going to use originally got built in my living room.LOL

volvobrynk likes this.
  17. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I know the one in your basement wasn't out together in your living room though! That heavy bastard would go right threw the floor!

18. Flat Six Fix

Flat Six Fix

I am straight north of you and the Beaner, while not quite as hot 90 and 62 % humidity, ain't pleasant working weather. I am located just over the US/Canadian border in Manitoba, straight up I 29

19. I have been up through there albeit a very long time ago. As I recall a mosquito smacked me in the forehead and nearly knocked me off my bike. LOL
    Well I did get a little shop time, something I measured is going to take a little creativity to use, or else I am going to have to build a different spring. :eek: :D

volvobrynk and kidcampbell71 like this.
  20. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

How do you spell D-I-V-O-R-C-E....:p

21. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

4 pages and 8 days ago you gave us pics...we want an update dammit! :eek:

...insert purdy please here_______

kidcampbell71 and volvobrynk like this.
  22. Nice score love the Tudor. But i have a 29 A. Good work happy to see another one being saved.

23. Did you get the lawn mowed? I did mine yesterday, man was it HOT!

24. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

We used a different material in our "get even" bags and it wasn't green.

falcongeorge likes this.
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  26. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

27. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

There ya impatient so and so's ;)

28. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

29. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Ryan!...Tim just called me a so and so!

note to self...what the fuck is a so and so?

kidcampbell71 and Kan Kustom like this.

30. Funny, but if you come south, you can eat there. It is an uptown McKinney Ave. destination ... lol ... true.. Another Dallas Texas upchuck ... so to speak. Never knew they were Hamb'ers though ... always learnin' sh#t here. PnB would like the chicks. Or not .... blondes big skaloobies ... carpet not to match the drapes ... but able to buy your drinks if need be.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
    volvobrynk likes this.