Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Just pay the man, say Thank You! and move along..........

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The37Kid, Jul 26, 2015.

1. The37Kid

The37Kid

At todays weekend swap meet I picked up these two CRAFTSMAN body dollies. Under the surface rust you can still see the original tags, I don't think they were ever used. Asked the seller what he wanted........ $5.00 for the pair. Thank you! What are some of your weekend deals? Bob JET%20BLUE%20511_zpsv2lhr33w.jpg

Model T1 and ravedodger like this.
  2. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Heck yea , nice score . Sometimes it's not worth even dickering for a smaller number .

3. squirrel

squirrel

I bet you could have got them for $4.75 if you tried

4. silent rick

silent rick

i went through the drive-thru of the munster dairy queen for a quart of ice cream. i paid for it but my yellow lab who was riding shotgun got a free doggy cone. lucky bitch always makes out

5. 4 pedals

4 pedals
    from Nor Cal

I went to a swap meet this weekend and walked out empty handed, as usual anymore. Usedta be there was all kinds of great stuff I couldn't afford. Now its all full of lampshades and worthless trinkets.

Devin

cptn60 and ace5043 like this.
  6. I've only got one dolly, but I'm no panel guy. Great score Bob.

All I have to report from the weekend, is saving my buddies 23 Essex, by finding a buyer for him. He was gona scrap it, due to something bad happening to him.

7. panheadguy

panheadguy
    from S.E. WI

I got a 1970 Sachs 125 enduro for putting a new battery in a lady's lawn tractor. Hasn't run for at least 15 years.

clunkerbob and B Bay Barn like this.
  8. oj

oj

My weekend good deal was attending a free seminar on the SR-71 by 'Buz' Carpenter, pilot and instructor of the SR-71. He shared lots of personal stories and paid tribute to the planes' builder, I don't think there was a dry eye in the place.

Daddiojoe, czuch az and charleyw like this.
  9. oldolds

oldolds

I bought a nice Esso sign at a house auction. Sold it 20 minutes later to a guy that got there to late. Turned the profit from that into an 1800's Whiskey jug from a local distillery. I had bought the sign to sell any way and the jug to put on the shelf.

Model T1 likes this.
  10. 4ever18

4ever18

1958 design, whose top speed is still classified. Awesome , evil looking airplane. The last that I read, there's still NOTHING that can outrun it - not even heat seeking missiles! I'd have loved to have been there. I'm certain that it was time well spent.

11. squirrel

squirrel

sr71.jpg

...and I was looking at the APU

keywestjack likes this.
  12. Donald A. Smith

Donald A. Smith
    from Brook In.

Silent Rick I just wanted to tell you about a small car show at the Fairoaks farm main office. It is located right off I- 65 .It is Aug. 6 at 3.00 pm that is a thursday afternoon. Strange I know. Bring that Lab. They have the best Ice Cream around. Give me a call if you need more info. 219-819-4604. Don in N. W. In.

13. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

I was surfing the local swap site ,sometimes something good comes up between the baby cribs and the used cell phones. An add popped up and I immediately called , bought a Muncie and Competition plus shifter cheap.

14. P1010043.JPG
    Got this for $75................

Model T1 and GreenMonster48 like this.
  15. I went to a local swap meet nearby and there was an original low mileage 32 Ford 3 window coupe there in perfect condition. I asked how much and he said $500. All I had was $499.

Oh wait, that was a dream.......nevermind.....

Model T1 and 33sporttruck like this.
  16. czuch az

czuch az

One of my best friends came through Saturday. We did alot of wrenching and racing and lying and fishing back in the 80's. We had a few drinks and some BBQ then his nephew drove them on to SD.
    No real big deal, but good memories.

17. big57daddy

big57daddy

I think you got the best deal of the weekend....

cheers, Ray

18. stimpy

stimpy

you just want the Buick big blocks in the starter Unit IIRC there 401's??

19. Stimpy, just like everyone else, they dumped the Buicks (I thought 425s) and went with BBCs in later years.

20. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Last time at Dairy Queen drive through with the dog I asked for a spoon..Musta been like two scoops; I asked for a spoon..

21. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Bet you can't get that kind of service at Munster Donut, even before someone drove a car through the front of the building.

22. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

Chhheeeez Rick, I never knew you had a dog!! Ya learn sumpin new every day. RINALDI

23. gee Bob, you have all the luck.
    all i did was work on my car.... DSCF4260.JPG

24. Seepwater

Seepwater

I went to a flea market and came away with a box of VW 'stuff' for $5. Gave most of it way but kept the dual weber carbs & intake and the unopenned 4 lug to 5 lug adapters!

25. L. Eckart

L. Eckart

Visited a garage sale recently and found a 37 piece Craftsman SAE tap & die set barely used, $20. At the same sale a full set of stubby Craftsman nut drivers for $3. Needless to say I bought those also. Find good ones now and then.

Model T1 likes this.
  26. Jim636

Jim636
    from Wyandotte

I got two nice 57 Cadillac hub caps for $12 and three nice 58 Cadillac hub caps for $18..........SCORE....

27. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

I picked up a 26-27 T switch with the key still in it and amp gauge for the dash I have hanging on the wall. Actually the guy wanted $20 bucks for it and my 13 yr old said he would go try and talk the guy down cause he said people always give deals to kids. He got it for $14.

28. the last swap meet grab was a month or three back.....on the guys tarp I spy a mopar station wagon window roller up r'....as I picked it up with no price tag..he said $3 bucks....it wasn't the one I needed but thought I could use it.....he gave up a fight but finally took my $5 offer....it was a 50's handle in good shape....

29. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

One of my fav's is from an antique store venture. I found a swan neck shifter arm, blk knob, shifter tower, 36 ford plain jane tail light, license plate bracket and wagon light bracket for $24, all of these are being put to use again. They were all in a section for man cave decor.

30. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

Picked up this 41 caddy last week, I think it was a good deal.

[​IMG]

MOTOV8N, keywestjack and tb33anda3rd like this.