Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The HAMB Drags are one month away.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by porknbeaner, Jul 22, 2015.

1. and its time to talk trash and give advice.

So I am not bringing a car again this year but I am tuning more then one. So better watch your backs. :D

And a little advice that I once received from a very old racer, "if you have a choice never out class yourself." My point? Well if I had a Gas Coupe I probably wouldn't run Competition Coupe. Of course if I had a Comp Coupe and knew it would compete I probably wouldn't run Gas Coupe/Sedan either. Goes both ways I suppose.

Alright you bunch of hoodlums lets talk some trash. What ya bringin' who ya gonna out run this year? You know you wanna tell it.

saltflats likes this.
  2. raven

raven

All I know is that I'll run better than last year...
    I'm hoping I get to grudge against last year's winner of the Yahoo cup.
    r

KCsledz likes this.
  3. Danny G

Danny G

Gas coupe is so big I run comp to have less time in the staging lanes

4. Well that's as good a reason as any I suppose.

When the thought of out classing first came to mind was thinking about 16 second cars running gas coupe/sedan. Some cars don't run right and are getting sorted out and others are just out classed and should have classed down.

Well that and I didn't figure that any advice that Killcup gave me when I was a kid would hurt a sole. ;)

Moriarity likes this.

5. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Looking forward to it!
    Hoping to run a little better (low 12s) than the past couple of years.. and not break anything this time!

11010618_10204646988306877_2906195931593915998_n.jpg

loudbang, deto and kidcampbell71 like this.
  6. Roothawg

Roothawg

Danny is my hero.....;)

7. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Ok I am fresh back from the the Meltdown Drags (and what a blast that is) with the Bel Air 409.
    Now this was not my best but neither was my first time out at Great Bend last year but I did knock damn near 2. seconds of my ET and 10 MPH improvement.

That Beach Boy song is starting to sound a little clearer.
    I have sent a PM to Beaner for some down and dirty super secret tune up talk to see what I have forgot or never learned.

Someone want a peace of this come and get it. Oh and don't forget your Tetanus shot 20150429_194708 - Copy (2).jpg

8. Oh no you're not coming back with that heap, I liked it too much the last time I saw it.

I'll be glad to see you hooking with the Raven again, this year. makes for a good lineup. :cool:

9. raven

raven

saltflats you need to pit next to us this year. That way beaner doesn't have too far to walk between cars...
    r

saltflats likes this.
  10. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Will do. The plan is to camp at his place and bring the neighborhood up or down a notch or two.

He said the county guys cleaned up so it could be a close call.

loudbang likes this.
  11. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

Hooley would like to bring the "Okie Twister" Henry J. There is another Henry J from the St. Louis area that he would like another shot at. I will save the smack talk for Hooley. But I will say the Meltdown match was just the warm up.

John

Malcolm likes this.
  12. squirrel

squirrel

I'm running those slicks....10.08 at the Meltdown on Sunday!

Maybe I should start buying lottery tickets, so I can afford to go on another trip....just got back, and drag week is planned for September

ryno and Malcolm like this.
  13. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Trying to make it happen, it's only been 10 years since the last time I made it to the HAMB Drags.

14. willymakeit

willymakeit

I plan to make it. Just to see everyone. I will be pulling for Hooley.

15. Jees tex its been that long? Ship me that little car and I'll make it go and try and talk the boss into letting us run it. I mean hell its just one more car right? :D You still got the Thames right?

16. jim its good to hear you made it back ok.

17. Hell Jim if you show up with that box nova I'll run you barefoot. But you got to spot me an eighth my legs are getting old. :D

By the way you can leave from drag week from my place I'll put you up after the drags. ;)

squirrel likes this.
  18. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

We'll be at the Hamb Drags. It's one of my favorites.The Chevy II was just getting warmed up at the Meltdown. After a month's rest, the driver will be ready to do it again at Mokan.

loudbang likes this.
  19. John
    You got to change your avatar I got you confused with Squirrel. DuhOH :confused: :oops:

I'll look for you there.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
    redlineracer42 and Model A John like this.
  20. Ok I am going to give this a bounce there must be more than this going to the races.

You're not all "Closet" racers are ya? :D

21. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Do they have the track open for Friday night fun drags?

22. I don't know. If it is it won't have anything to do with the HAMB Drags.

23. Rusty

Rusty

Bringing the 40 again, gonna be a blast

24. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

The MOKAN schedule shows Fun Drags on Friday night.

John

25. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I was just thinking more track time and make all those kids with there Hondas rub there heads when they see a 409

loudbang likes this.
  26. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I seen that on the schedule but didn't see the HAMB Drags on it.

27. the HAMB Drags is a not very well kept secrete. :D :D

We usually spend Friday night putting something together on someone's trailer and visiting with people that we seldom see. Doesn't mean that someone couldn't go racin' the extra track time may give you an edge. Or you might break sumthin.

I was going to say if you cut the roof off you could hook up with the car I am helping with but this year I am helping with one of each so roof or no roof doesn't really matter.

:D :D

WE should try and meet so I can add another to the list of rusties that I know. ;)

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  28. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

I will be there one way or the other hell it's only 3 miles away question is whether or not the Willys has a transmission in it or not I need a crash box but can't find an affordable one yet I'm thinkin I might just use an 833 Chrysler Trans I have but I sure hate to cut it up as I was saving it for my next afx dart I think if Hooley puts some tires on the okie twister he will school the taxi driver for sure lol

KCsledz likes this.
  29. OK someone step up and bring the Wrench Bender a box, we can change it in the parking lot on Friday night. Be just like the races these drags are patterned after. ;)

30. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I have another sag together if you want it send me a PM and I will get it to you.