Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest When did the "band" break up?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Groucho, Jul 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. all good man

Special Ed likes this.
  2. Paul

Paul
    Editor

God Damn you've gotten soft..

LOST ANGEL and -Brent- like this.
  3. You are right HRP is the most prolific poster, but you ain't in the top 20 LOL Hell, I have three times more posts than you and I ain't in the top 20 :)

4. And yet you are. LMAO. Tell em both I said hi

5. No, I merely stated that they both had new jobs and speculated that this could be part of the reason - two different things

6. I don't have a life,with me being nothing more that a glorified CEO I sit in front of the computer daily and try not to be board outta my mine,the hamb is my escape and am a HAMBOHOLIC,just ask Cob.:D HRP

Koz and lothiandon1940 like this.
  7. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

maaaaan ,i love you guys.your all i got..HaHa.....

8. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

9.86966505...:D

Ned Ludd likes this.
  9. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Like Muttley, I also do not understand all the whining about the difference between using the old vs. new site. New navigation was not much of a learning curve, found it to be a pretty easy transition. Ryan posted a ton of how-to shit. As far as posting pics, it is light years easier than the old hamb - are you kidding? Now you just post straight from your PC files, no more 3rd party file hosting.

Get over the "new" HAMB, folks, it is just as easy to use. And yes, I am an old fart.

Just a boatload of cool folks and great builders, a ton of talented hoodlums here on the HAMB. Missing a few right now? It's a deep well, just keep diving in, plenty to enjoy.

10. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I liked my answer better. You can NEVER have too much pie...

povertyflats likes this.
  11. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

See you can learn something new everyday on the HAMB! I just learned pie is almost 10!

12. Did someone here say they can't find some of their "watched" threads? Follow these 2 moves and you'll get em all DSC08846.JPG DSC08847.JPG

13. I follow most of them on Facebook or Instagram. I think the draw to those outlets is the ability to "weed out" who you interact with. Eliminates most of the newbie drama too.

jk

McFly, Chili Phil and slammed like this.
  15. rockfish

rockfish

I personally don't use Facebook or Instagram, but the problem with your comments is that it's exactly the same type of criticism that people had 15 or 20 years ago about the Internet in general and discussion boards like this. Criticize what we don't understand.

The bottom line is that there has been a loss of some valuable contributors to these other Internet sites. IN GENERAL, the quantity/quality of in depth tech and build threads SEEMS to be down from a few years ago. These past contributors may also have gotten bored with a few of the members that have the incredible need to post 50 times a day but seldom have much of real value to contribute.

I'm in that group of people that doesn't have much in the way of good tech info to post. For that reason I do make a point of being an Alliance Member to make a contribution of some sort to this site.

Max Gearhead likes this.
  16. I am BORED.........[/QUOTE]

As Steve Martin would say...Well excuse me! HRP

17. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

're "what is pie squared"? Pie are not square, pie are round......cornbread are square!

Ray

povertyflats, 3wLarry and tb33anda3rd like this.
  18. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

While my comments were meant primarily tongue in cheek, I have many friends that are way too deep into FB. They're not 20 something's either. There's far less drama here. I'm amazed at how thin skinned some of my friends are when it comes to FB.

I wasn't casting aspersions against former HAMB members at all. It just sucks some of the really great posters have moved on.

19. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I don't think the problem is the new vs old format, it is (evidently) the inability of the various new HAMB apps / media to interact with each other. Why can't I see a thread or post created on Facebook or Instagram on my home computer when I dial up the HAMB on the web? Totally transparent to the senders? Can't they also transmit to the same old HAMB inbox ICW their app addresses? Gary

20. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

have not been on the HAMB much this year,, just popped in today aand seen this thread. For me there was not much interesting me at the time so I found FB and could get things better related to car stuff I am more into right now. (60s/70s styled rides and lowriders). And other than posting my car show pictures I did not have much to add.

Groucho likes this.
  21. Well, damn, Ken....I miss you being here.

povertyflats likes this.
  22. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Hey X38,

Attached Files:

povertyflats and Chili Phil like this.
  23. Ryan has set up a link between Instagram and the HAMB. It was the first site to do so but it still relies on the person taking the pictures to tag them the correct way.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/?page_id=18775

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/new-feature-instagram.879922/

Also if the user sets it up their instagram feed is accessible from their profile page so for instance if you want to see plowboys instagram page go to his profile page click on the instagram tab and you are there.

24. slammed

slammed

Nads, Slazzen, Caffeine...........its not the new software, its the latest arrivals. Compromise has taken its toll. And snipes/trolling upon this very thread as well. Control/control/control. The ignore button will exceed 100 easy in the next month or two.

Max Gearhead likes this.
  25. slammed

slammed

'Post ho' does not mean top number. It also means volumes of deleted posts & threads destroyed/deleted by same name(s). I saw Plowboys post why he stays away. Newbie bashing his stuff w/out any kind of forethought. It is not the Insta & FB that was the appeal, it was getting away from BS.

26. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I pop in every day and am amazed at how many old timers are still here. Think about it, it has been fifteen years and a pretty big group of people are still hanging around the same place talking about the same thing.

I worked for a company for 12 years and NOBODY I started with is still there. Keep an eye out, you'll be amazed who is here.

See ya, -Abone.

LOU WELLS and AHotRod like this.
  27. Kinky6

Kinky6

Hey, Groucho, thanks, I got that part. The problem from there is that every watched thread on your list is in that file, like one giant filing cabinet drawer with no folders.

There was an earlier version of the HAMB that would let you create folders, so that all of the threads that you had saved (or are watching) on Muncie 4 speeds or of pictures of modifieds could be saved in separate sub-files within the "watched threads" file. It just made it easier to access saved info without so much searching through everything else.

Not so bad as to send me to FB, though. K6

28. 117harv

117harv

Don, I was referring to current day to day posting, not all time, I'm not even in the top 1000 of that.

29. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Pha. you guys south of the border are a bunch a pussies. Here in the great white north, our rodents don't fart around with wimpy shit like pancakes and turtles...:rolleyes::p
    untitled.png

Groucho likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.