Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest When did the "band" break up?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Groucho, Jul 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I agree ^^^ it would be less sensitive that I am normally so I don't do it but sometimes I just want to post, "well life's rough all over"

Hnstray likes this.
  2. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

I think HRP has a pretty good take on things---I heard on TV the other day that if there was to be a remake of the movie "Breakfast Club" it would be 5 kids sitting in a library with their smart phones IN SILENCE. I believe a lot of the migration is because of the smart phones and the previous editing of OT items. As for me, it's gonna be the HAMB. I would carry my phone-----if I wanted to be found. Thanks to all the great HAMB contributors, regardless of who they are.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Beaner You crack me up. I never noticed anyone was gone. Yeah, people are still lurking here, seems different for some reason, we use to tell someone to F OFF and wait for someone else to get mad about it, then we could tell them to F OFF also. It was great. Not no mo tho.

Attached Files:

Max Gearhead likes this.
  4. trollst

trollst

Me too......been lurking for a very long time, then joined, got my ass flamed off because of my handle, thought, screw you bastards. But, hung on, its been a very valuable resource, I add things when I think it'll help, the younger set can use good solid advice, took me all my 60 years to learn what I know.
    I scratch build my stuff, do it all myself, I live in a small place and am known as the guy to see for advice or help, I like that I can do the same on here, but I don't like when the instant experts give very poor advice.
    Regardless of the style build the poster is asking for help on, there is no good reason to build a car frought with bump steer problems, or lack of suspension clearance, or ill handling because " it's an old school car", that's really not the reason most of us are here.
    We're here to give or receive advice, to share our hobby with those like minded, used to be that how to build was considered magic, not to be shared, "bring it to me with cash up front" was the rule, now you can log on here and someone will tell you what you need to know. Pretty fabulous.
    I don't know how to post pics, barely know how to log in, facebook, and instagram are just words for the young, but I do know how to build cars, this is a pretty fabulous place, you may miss the older members, but some of the newer ones bring lots to the table.

5. flynstone said:
    ....one small rant family dying, dogs dying, or real sick peeps not on topic but allowed, and some on topic stuff deleted?

I disagree,Ryan lets some 0f this slide because a lot of us have lost great friends and long time hamb supporters..most recently we lost Frank Burrell (fab32) He was a friend of mine.

If you don't care to read about the passing of a fellow member or their wife for that matter,,don't open the thread! HRP

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
    JimSibley, hallrods, ehdave and 6 others like this.
  6. Groucho, didn't you leave for a while? and then you showed up again recently. why did you leave? why did you come back? your answers might give you some insight as to why others left. by the way, i love your vette!

7. slammed

slammed

Cole Foster, Dennis McPhail, Tingler, Barnett, Peter Pan of Chicago, Ian Berky,.....

Groucho likes this.
  8. I thought he was talking more about people whining about bad things that happen to them. The thread that came to mind was a while back were a guy was telling his whole family history more of a facebook rant than a build thread.

9. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

I really enjoy the fabrication I see here , the tech . [for the most part ] is great..the thing that bugs me is the hypocrasy.... traditional , OK,but modern drivetrains , AC , bagged triangulated 4 link , 4-bar frts. ,etc, etc , are for the most part accepted , I've no problem w/that , but when the self-appointed ex
    perts rant on about other non trad. things , it makes me snicker , as in "REALLY" ???
    I'm guessing that's driven some away.. thankfully , I find it funny !
    dave

10. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Still a FNG and didn't really know any of the old clan that have apparently left. Facebook to me is useless Instagram I have to frickin idea what the hell it's all about! Twitter? Hell I thought that was Tweety Birds Son? The HAMB is full of great information I currently don't own a "TRADITIONAL" car or truck I do come here to read and gather information for the day I do own one! That being said some can't take a little criticism of something they may post and once they get it they just buzz off. In my opinion PC just sucks! If a person can't tell how they really feel then the whole world is a lie! Praise the HAMB!

11. Special Ed

Special Ed

Hahahaha .... yeah, Groucho got BANNED for awhile. He was put on "time-out", forced to stand in the corner, and wear a dunce hat ;)

povertyflats likes this.
  12. Burny

Burny

[​IMG]

povertyflats likes this.
  13. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Pie Squared is what?

14. Ironic that this thread is allowed to keep going,,it is OFF TOPIC! HRP

15. 2racer

2racer

16. i didn't know that, sorry to bring that up Groucho.

17. prpmmp

prpmmp

I just read all 108 posts!! I still hate all of you!! Pete

Special Ed and scotty t like this.
  18. "For every person that dies a library closes"
    your signature is so true, and really applies to a lot of the guys here. thats what is so good about these forums, a lot of the old knowledge will live on.

dos zetas likes this.
  19. Rusty

Rusty

I try to post more but I find myself lurking more then anything, all the above are on Instagram your looking for, just not the same here anymore, I remember the days I lived on here, still cherish those times and the friends I have made, heck my shop name was all started from the Hamb nicknames Dirty31 and Dirty2 now Dirtys Speed Shop ,

McFly and AHotRod like this.
  20. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

Also maybe some dont have many friends in the "real world" and feel those on the hamb are their friends , some people need comfort and compassion it's a human thing to do. Even on the net .

.. Like HRP sez just don't open it ...

Not really different than me not opening an airbag thread cause I don't really care about it.... The " beetle deuce " thread got bounced because some DICK complained about vw sheetmetal and that thread was epic!, and thankfully back

21. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

MORE pie! :)

povertyflats likes this.
  22. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

23. Yawn..........

24. -Brent-

-Brent-

I didn't go past page one, so apologies for redundancy, if any... a lot of the popular posters (some mentioned here) almost always posted stuff from life, too. I think that's one of the reasons we connected with them so well. As the JalopyJournal/HAMB evolved there became less space/acceptability for that.

povertyflats likes this.
  25. Koz

Koz

I'm on the HAMB every day. I buy a ton of parts off the classifieds and I PM with my old friends. I stopped posting build threads a year or two ago because I just got the shits of the personal attacks by guys with 5 posts to their credit who have no idea of what they are talking about flexing their keyboard muscles. I think I had some pretty good build threads, tech stuff and general conversations on here. Made, and still have, many great friends because of the HAMB. The HAMB is still the best site out there and probably time I got over my gunshy and get something up here.....

millersgarage, bowie and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  26. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

I still miss the mysterious GERM. That's how long I've been on the HAMB

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  27. I would pay money to see that!!!!!

28. My stupidity got me banned, then Ryan was cool enough to give me another chance. Wait, you're sayin all them fuckers mentioned got banned too? LMAO. Thanks on the Vette

povertyflats likes this.
  29. Not sure why this is do hard to understand. They got different jobs that take up much more of their time and that leaves less time for "Playing" on the HAMB. Just cuz you got a so called smart phone doesn't mean you have the time to play on it all day long. I'm not presuming to speak for either of them, even though I keep in contact with both of these ladies, but one has a job that requires a lot of hours and travel and the other just a Lot of hours in a non Hot Rod segment of the industry.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  30. OVER 100 posts in a short period has me in disagreement. Thing is, most are very positive and informing. No somewhat expected smart ass replies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.