Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest When did the "band" break up?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Groucho, Jul 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I don't see Bad Bob, Plowboy, Gambino Kustoms, Chris Casney.........................................+ more at all or hardly at all. What I miss?

povertyflats likes this.
  2. you can add many more to your list....Poverty Flats,Hotrodladycrusier,ChevGirlrox,Big Ken,Dirty2,to name a few

povertyflats likes this.
  3. Instagram.....

McFly likes this.
  4. swifty

swifty

You'll find them on Facebook or Instagram I think. What I've gathered from reading various posts.

5. Billybobdad

Billybobdad

Not the same without em fo sho!

povertyflats likes this.
  6. I know that both Hotrodladycrusier (Denise) & ChevyGirlrox (Megan) have gotten real jobs that keep them quite busy, less time to play on the internet.

7. Poverty Flats is on FB lots.

povertyflats likes this.
  8. slammed

slammed

Over run by the hoards of post ho's. Really I saw a dweeb bang on Plowboys stuff that would have FLAMED that Lou Czar to the stone age. With the great number FNG the originals slid on down the road. & the PC? For-get-a'bout it.....

Don West likes this.
  9. McFly

McFly

I still drop in here almost every day...but most of the guys you mentioned I follow on Instagram now.

10. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

So... why is it that HAMB threads / conversations on one medium don't automatically transfer to the others? All the while I thought I was just missing posts, I was demoted to a third class membership while paying full price. Gary

11. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin

Instagram is where it's at but I like the nostalgia of the hamb and old timer expertise

40fordtudor, wojojo and turboroadster like this.
  12. twenty gallons

twenty gallons

Yeah, I've noticed a big change in the caliber of people here, LOTS of new and a lot of old gone. MY personal reason is the new forum. difficult to work with. us older guys finally get it in our heads how to work something on the computer and then it gets changed for "New and Improved"
    and yes, it is improved ....for those that are literate in computerese, but for us? it is like starting all over again. JMHO

13. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin

Yea I know it's starting too feel like a ghost town without everything grouped into one

14. .....so I'm looking at the guys who've posted on this thread and guess what? Almost all old guys. I like it! .One of these days I'm gonna go check this instagram out for myself. I'm not really that jazzed about facebook.

povertyflats and Tim like this.
  15. millersgarage

millersgarage

instagram is fun, but there is no technical things, just photos.

povertyflats, McFly and deto like this.
  16. instagram = short attention span theater.
    HAMB = a well done documentary.
    There's really no comparison.

3dnsouth, Ned Ludd, Mac30 and 25 others like this.
  17. [
    Explain please. If it's JUST pics, how do you interact with other hot rodders there?

LOST ANGEL and 2racer like this.
  18. I tried to download instagram on my phone, but my phone (like me ) is too old to get it.

kiwijeff and Spoggie like this.
  19. truth!

bowie and lothiandon1940 like this.
  20. Times change,careers change and people change.

We all know the Hamb is more focused than ever before,sadly some of the missing members have sought out a different outlet/website where they could post their exploits of food & travel that would have been deemed off topic here now.

Hopefully,the older members that are missing in action will stop in occasionally. HRP

21. I really don't see what that has to do with anything. I mean given everyone's got a computer in their hand and all. I'm sure it's more about they shifted their interests than being too busy working. My question is WHAT has their interest now giving how bad ass hot rodding is. At 60, I can't imagine ANYTHING taking my interest in another direction

22. I'm not sure what you mean by this. It seems a lot stricter to me and it seems easier to ruffle feathers than yrs gone by. Is that what u mean by more focused?

iwanaflattie likes this.
  23. My guess is that with some people they like the ability to post about everything they what to in one place which they cannot do here. It makes it easy and simple.

24. Ryan's words,not mine..HRP

langy said: Well I read every post on this thread and I took on board all the comments from the moderators, I will also say I'm not moaning BUT in my opinion this site is just not the same anymore, there are lots of people who used to post that I haven't seen for ages, wonder where they have all gone ???

Ryan....One of two possibilities in my mind:

1. We've been way more aggressive in moderating stuff and keeping the forum on topic and focused on traditional hot rods and customs. As result, there have been a lot more deleted threads. They could be in that mess...

2. They don't like the new format, so they have left.

25. OneRustedDodge

OneRustedDodge

I work for the largest technology company in the world and after nearly a year now, I still have trouble on here. The search feature with its 'most relevant' default for finding old threads royally sucks and I have tons of saved threads that are just dead and gone now. Working and living in a world of constant change doesn't bother me, I just don't like change when it's not an improvement on the user's end. But to each their own--instagram is much better.

PLUS: I see threads that are directly related to our forum's existence being deleted quite often. I don't get it. :/

czuch az, Steve and lewk like this.
  26. Some great points made here. I hope someone's listening

aussie oldie likes this.
  27. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

28. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'm too old to understand Facebook and have no idea what Instagram is, I do miss a lot of the people mentioned above. You always knew a post started by any of them was worth reading. Bob

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  29. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

I think a lot of it is generational (90% of instagram users are under age 35) and a lot of it is attention getting points. You'll hear folks gloat about how many 'followers' they have on IG or how many friends on facebook. Though I'll say IG is good for photos. The HAMB is easier to navigate than my iphone.
    I log here daily for interesting reading, nostalgia and to see what's going on and for technical and build threads, not to see how popular I am with other people. It's all good. Just different strokes...

brad2v, Malcolm, Texas57 and 5 others like this.
  30. I dislike Instagram photos the most. Look like bad Polaroids from the 60's to me. Horrible. Too artsy. I've been hanging around here for almost 14 years. I ain't going nowhere unless I get banned for not finishing my build thread. HA!! One other thing. The whole hashtag thing annoys the shit out of me.

seadog, B Bay Barn, kiwijeff and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.