Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features "Snoopy" Model A Hot Rod Survivor

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Denns1989, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Great to meet the "2Bubbas" as well ! Also got flagged down by another HAMB watcher while cruising & my buddy got talking to another guy who recalled Snewps story from the HAMB - Great weekend, put about 150 miles just crusing around town in 2 days :) No breakdowns, ran strong & didn't have to add any oil before driving home.

volvobrynk likes this.
  2. We need pictures, just sayin'

Denns1989 and volvobrynk like this.
  3. Reds 29

Reds 29

Followed you through St. Ignace the other evening in my dark blue 29 coupe, didn't get a chance to talk to you. Looked at your car at the show, great job, glad you are doing it right.

Denns1989 and volvobrynk like this.
  4. Ask & you shall recieve !

P1060304.JPG P1060301.JPG P1060298.JPG P1060303.JPG

WC145, AHotRod, Woogeroo and 10 others like this.
  5. Is your coupe the one that is always parked down towards the "Napa" end of the show on the water side ? The one that has the picture album showing it in multiple pieces when you started ?

6. Remember how I mentioned that the son of the "Widow" had not seen the Car since I got it as he lives out of town... well that changed this morning... to say it was an emotional reuninion would be a gross understatement, remember this is the son of the late owner, the car was parked before he was born & his father passed away when he was a kid, he had never even seen the car outside until today... he hadn't driven standard in awhile, but with a bit of coaching did just fine & had a great photo shoot with his wife & child.

This is what I call "good stuff" :)

Woogeroo, TerrytheK, brad2v and 12 others like this.
  7. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You continue to be gracious by sharing this wonderful car with people who had meaningful history with it. Well done!

8. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Nothing I can say, that hasn't been said-------JUST THAT YOU ARE MAKING SO MANY HAPPY with your Rod! Good for you! Gary:D

WC145, 33Doll, Bubba1955 and 3 others like this.
  9. 2935ford

2935ford

10. Robert Crosse

Robert Crosse
    from WNY

Your the BEST, wish you were a bit closer, would love a visit.

Bob

Denns1989 likes this.
  11. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Dad was looking down on this with a huge smile !

Denns1989 likes this.
  12. Was able to have the original "builder" of Snewp's over this morning for a longer visit, we gave the car a good looking over & ironically the "widow" arrived at the same time with her grandson to have a playdate with my daughter so I was able to introduce the two & he thanked her for keeping such good care of the car, she smiled & said she tried her best :) Then he took the wheel and made a tour thru town.
    When he first hit the starter switch & the flatty rumbled to life... you couldn't wipe the smile off his face ! I told him that they built one heck of a hot rod for a couple of teenagers & he reminded me to stress the fact that they did the best they could do for a couple teenagers at the time & what was available, I reiterated that it's exactly "how they were done" back then & a great example for sure.
    I asked how the car was performing, he said "it's a gem, you have it running well, done a good job" & he gave the dash a slap as we passed the tech school where the motor was built - good times.
    Funny thing was he said the same thing as the original owner "I used to fit in this thing easier"... strange what 50+ years can do eh ? ha ha

20150709_125655.jpg

Of course Snewp's have to "leave his mark" as the oil pressure line decided to seep & drip on his shoe from under the dash... & he can help me with the broken exhaust stud on the right side, so we will be making plans to get together for a "repair visit" - how cool - the original builder performing a repair, that'l be a good one for sure.

WC145, AHotRod, Woogeroo and 13 others like this.
  13. 55zephyr

55zephyr

Truly inspiring story.
    Cheers, Ron.

Denns1989 likes this.
  14. Ford52PU

Ford52PU
    from PA

Finished all 29 pages, not sure how I missed it before. Great job. Glad you took the "widow" for her ride also.
    Now its time to enjoy it.
    Congratulations.

Denns1989 likes this.
  15. Finally made it to a cruise night last evening, had a great time, some highlights were having a old timer car guy sitting behind the wheel asking about all the details & how the engine ran, I reached inside the car & with a turn of the key / flick of the toggle it fired right up, he didnt believe it was running till he looked at the oil pressure gauge :)
    Then a couple pulled me aside to share how they were blown away with the car & he would have it in a glass case in the middle of his living room !
    Then some other guys were buzzing around saying to each other "see, this how it WAS done, you didn't need a catalog, just the local wrecking yard, unbelievable, don't you dare touch/change a thing, you are making the right choice"
    Only met one fellow at end of the evening that was really trying to talk me into a repaint, I just smiled and said if I ever get the urge I'll buy a stocker & make it mine, but it wont happen to this car...
    Local show next weekend, havin fun :)

WC145, Bubba1955, volvobrynk and 3 others like this.
  16. Robert Crosse

Robert Crosse
    from WNY

ah yeah....Know exactly how you feel Jer. Sounds like you had a great time.

I get a lot of those type questions also....some just don't understand 'original'.;)
    Local show tomorrow, BurgerFest, (in Hamburg NY, go fig'r), one of the few in the area that has a class for un-restored cars. Haven't attended in a few years so looking forward to it. Parked 'Bertha' under the big maple in the front yard yesterday and did the once over. Should be a fun day!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Keep up the GREAT work...

Bob

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
    Denns1989 likes this.
  17. AD_NAPCO

AD_NAPCO

Jer, I've been reading your thread over the past few days. I just want to say that as another younger guy (37) that really REALLY cares about the old guys and everything they did for us by paving the way, and now imparting their wisdom to us through spots like the HAMB and other forums, that I'm humbled and inspired by the lengths you've gone to not only to keep your car 'unspoiled' so to speak, but to make sure that as many people as possible have been able to reconnect with the car. This is exactly the kind of thing my parents raised me to do and I don't know many other people my age that have this same outlook on life. I really appreciate how giving you've been and that you have gone way above and beyond the call of duty to 'walk the talk' so to speak. This is the type of behavior that builds brotherhoods, neighborhoods, and real community. Thankyou.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
    33Doll, TerrytheK, davo461 and 10 others like this.
  18. Cusco

Cusco
    from Europe

What a beautiful picture!

Denns1989 likes this.
  19. Thankyou so much for the kind words, as with you I can thank my mother & later father for their guidance, I just think of how I would like to be treated & go from there... pretty simple formula I guess :)

Another picture to share that I just recieved, this is myself (the "well fed"guy in the grey shirt) with the 3rd owners son from a couple weeks ago when he & his Uncle had a photo shoot with Snewp's - I like how it turned out :)

snewps_locks01.jpg

WC145, AHotRod, davo461 and 10 others like this.
  20. Mark Jenny

Mark Jenny

very very cool;)

Denns1989 likes this.
  21. So many terrific photos being added to your collection! I have a feeling that Snewp is the big reason the settings all look so good! ;)

Dave

Denns1989 likes this.
  22. This past weekend held a couple "first's" for Snewp's, attended a local car show with about 100 cars & Snewpee got it's 1st award. Had a great day & lots of great conversation.

20150726_214008.jpg

Later the same day we were leaving a bbq that friends hold after the show, my wife was at the wheel as our dog had rolled in something stinky & she decided she would rather drive than hold the stinky dog, upon pulling away from the intersection my wife (who rarely drives standard) is a little "hot" on the takeoff & unknowingly lays rubber, so much so that the motor was revving up & not really going anywhere..., I turned to her & complimented on giving Snewps it's 1st burnout since going back on the road (I have had no plans on trying as I didn't want to detonate anything), she giggled & gave me a high five :)
    My buddy who was following had a good laugh.

Woogeroo, volvobrynk, Tim and 4 others like this.
  23. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Keep the pin in the GRENADE and you should be fine! Congrats on your adventure! Gary;)

volvobrynk, Weezy1930 and Denns1989 like this.
  24. Had some fun with a Go Pro Camera last night :)

I like the view, just clamped to the visor - thought I would share.

WC145, AHotRod, Woogeroo and 3 others like this.
  25. Robert Crosse

Robert Crosse
    from WNY

SOOPER!!!!

Looks a little pigeon-toed:(

Love-it

Bob

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
    Denns1989 likes this.
  26. Panoramic shot, kinda warps things a little...

Peanut 1959 likes this.
  27. Just a great inspiring thread. Really well done on all fronts.

Denns1989 likes this.
  28. Slopok

Slopok

Smooth, if I didn't see the fan spinnin' I wouldn't even know that it's runnin. Thanks for takin us along. Seems like a nice little community that you live in there.

Denns1989 likes this.
  29. YJ4000

YJ4000

Thanks for the ride!!

Ryan.

Denns1989 likes this.
  30. This is the way it ought to be, period. Tim

lothiandon1940 and Denns1989 like this.