Register now to get rid of these ads!

History How did you find the Hamb?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Well it was either you Danny (HRP) or the late Randy Nash.....I appreciate the talent on this forum, the maintenance which continually evolves the site and my constant wonder about H.A.M.B personalities

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. Like alot of guys I was hunting for info on the web. Stumbled into this place and haven't left. :) Loads of stories, tech articles, great people and great cars. I wish the HAMB and all the people were my neighborhood. :) Thanks Ryan!

volvobrynk likes this.
  3. GOOGLE SEARCH!

4. Bad Eye Bill

Bad Eye Bill
    from NB Canada

I was having a fairly heated discussion with a pigheaded know it all on a well known Mopar forum and he told me how lucky I was to belong to such a great forum and that I should look at the HAMB to see what a hellhole it is, (his actual words).

Pretty sure he is or was a member here.

So I googled it and like most I lurked a while before joining. Rarely if ever vist that other site now.

5. Stumbled across it one day a long time ago by pure accident.
    I googled the word rat rod classified and it dropped me here. Same thing happened a week or so later when googling the word rockabilly.
    It's been my best friend since then.

falcongeorge likes this.
  6. In the early 2000's every time I did a Google search for some hot rod thing there was always this HAMB thing that popped up in the results. I didn't really pay much attention to it until one day I was reading a post about traditional hot rods. That's when I really understood what this place was about so I joined up and have been here ever since. Even in 2009 this was still a pretty rough place but I loved it. It reminded me of my friends in high school. We were ruthless with each other but always had each other's backs. I had a lot of laughs though.

I've never really been flamed too bad but I got into a couple of pissing matches early on. Now, I think it's silly and don't bother with it but man, I've seen some good ones on here. Hell, I never heard the term "fucktard" until I joined the HAMB! For the most part I try to stay out of it...well, except for the time that chick came on here and called Beaner a faggot! WTF? Did you just call the Beaner a faggot?? Nah, that ain't happenin!

falcongeorge likes this.
  7. I lurked for awhile, read posts, didn't want to join as I'm not a big group type person. After a few years I finally joined.....I think I was searching for parts and came across the HAMB.

8. DdoubleD

DdoubleD
    from Michigan

Stumbled onto it one day looking for info about hotrods in 2010........now it's like cocaine at an 70's disco party. Can't stop damn it!!

9. orangeamcs

orangeamcs

Ended up here from the jockey journal I think. Then about a 2 years ago really got the itch and had some money to waste so now one model a has turned into 2 and a t.

Atwater Mike and lothiandon1940 like this.
  10. draggin'GTO

draggin'GTO

I found out about the HAMB while visiting one of the old Flathead forums.

draggin'GTO
    Member # 1495

11. Profile page says I finally joined in 2006. I had been a lurker for Years before actually joining. I don't remember exactly how I found it, and I wasn't entirely sure what I had stumbled into at first. Does anyone else remember the Jalopy Journal mag wheel logo on the home page, and Ryan's editorials (It started in darkness....)?

12. gas & guns

gas & guns

Googling images of old cars, every time I clicked on one I liked, it kept leading me to the HAMB.
    Joined in Feb 2014, found out this place is worse than my beer. I can go a few days without beer, but on the 3rd or 4th day I find have a serious taste for the shit.
    This place is worse than that. If I'm near a computer, I have to check on it everyday.
    Been traditional a long time. Didn't know what it really meant till I got here.
    My avitar is my shop, its not open anymore, but its my private club house. My rusted 41 ford sits under the canopy waiting for me to drag her in the shop.
    Many local business men have asked me to sell the old shop, so that they can bulldoze and build something modern. They say, "Why ya wanna keep this old place?". I just think, if I have to explain, you wouldn't understand.
    When I'm here, even though I've never met any of ya, I feel like I'm hanging out with people I can relate with. Let's have a beer.

lothiandon1940 and volvobrynk like this.
  13. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I think that mighta been his mom...

56don and pat59 like this.
  14. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

I'll drink to that! ;):rolleyes:

lothiandon1940 and volvobrynk like this.
  15. das858

das858

I found the HAMB while searching for info on front engine dragsters, read a great thread by King Chassis, and was hooked. A few weeks after that went to the 2010 HAMB drags and had a great time there . By 2012 myself and two old friends started building a front engine dragster, and last year we ran it at the meltdown and the HAMB drags. We'll be back this year too, leaving for the meltdown in the morning all because of the HAMB.

16. gas & guns

gas & guns

The shits not very cold when I buy it next door, but give it 10 minutes in my 1940 fridgidare and well be ready.:cool:

volvobrynk likes this.
  17. While doing my first roadster build most of my information searches led me to this site. Read a few threads and decided to register.

18. menumid.jpg

19. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

Forever searching for all kinds of obscure stuff, and HAMB content kept coming up.

20. Thaplumbr

Thaplumbr

By accident searching for flathead v-8 info, kept pointing me here, and fordbarn. Signed up, a few months later I became an alliance member and I've never looked back.I believe in supporting my hobbies and to me there is no better place to do that than here on the Hamb! ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1437043996.535705.jpg

volvobrynk and lothiandon1940 like this.
  21. the 37kid told me about it.

volvobrynk and lothiandon1940 like this.
  22. 001 (8).JPG View attachment 2953370
    I happened upon it when I was selling my 64 buick lesbra station wagon.Was hooked on flea bay conversation board but, then came the changes you couldnt say this and you couldnt say that and when you asked for help. Forget about it!!! Every time I have a problem with a car I just ask here and there is always some one ready to help with and answeror a suggestion.Everyone is very friendly and helpful here .And you can cuss here too! View attachment 2953370 . LOL.Bruce.

23. Found it googling modifieds, never regretted signing on

24. Say it ain't so...Beeno? HRP

25. Found y'll on the Hunnert car pile up website in '09.

26. Funny I only vaguely remember being called a faggot, I wonder what I did to get that one. Someone send me a link if it got that response it must have been one of my better days. LOL

Uh has anyone seen my man bag? :D

volvobrynk, falcongeorge and Murphy32 like this.
  27. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

Roadsters.com I believe... lurked for about a year.. joined May 2002 right about the time of El Mosquito

28. Bruce is right on all accounts to this question. I agree with the "HELP" this forum provides.
    No matter how juvenile or idiotic the questions I've seen, the members always step up with a logical answer and everyone is willing to help the person whos stuck on some issue.
    Try and find that attention and help any other place.

29. Oh I dunno we do always try and take a chance to make light of whomever made the question, eventually it does get answered though as a rule. :D

30. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I was looking for a part for a friend and ended up here. I've been cursed ever since.

Ned Ludd and volvobrynk like this.