Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The PERFECT 1932 Ford Roadster TOP

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The37Kid, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am unable to post pics, but I have the Bop Top with 2" chopped, original posts and curtains. Don't expect the curtains to seal against the door tops without lots of tweaking just in case your ride is A/C equipped. The curtains are $1000.00. Wish I had spent that money on plexiglass, rubber channeling, and research. Just returned from LARS and fought those suckers all the way.

2. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh, to have that talent. This is the ideal solution for serious roadster drivers who hit the open road. I will closely watch this thread.

3. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Your top captures "the look" that all '32 Fords should have, period. It looks exactly like the Bop Top with that gentle curve from door to W/S rather than two straight lines. Beautiful. If you intend to run curtains, I will be watching the thread closely.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  4. This is

Attached Files:

5. With curtain

Attached Files:

Pewsplace likes this.
  6. CheatersPete

CheatersPete

Mine

Attached Files:

7. deuce1932

deuce1932
    from Australia

very nice Pete.

8. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

The top on the 33 is one of the best I have ever seen. It is hard to make it flow smoothly as you did. Good job!

9. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Take your choice. I like the Orange one.
    assorted pics san simeon lunch 10-7-14 008.jpg

10. racemad55

racemad55

Thanks for the kind words Gary,had computer troubles,lost all passwords for everything. Thought about side curtains but haven't done anything yet. Health issues, jobs for customers,honey-dos, you know the stuff that gets in the way.

11. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Your top looks like the one Henry should have built. By the way, that '40-'41 stake bed should be "sitting on the corner in Winslow, Az."

12. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Vintagehotrods, You guys/gals are the truly hardcore roadster drivers. At 69, I have never seen snow like in those pics. And here I am bitching about not being able to seal my curtains to the door tops because a little heat or a/c escapes during our cruises. I take my stocking cap off to you.

13. Thanks Gary, we did have a Bop-Top with flip-up lexan windows I made that sealed up pretty well once I built an aluminum trim piece for it to seal against on the rear bow. So with heated seats and a heater so it was very warm and cozy in cold weather. I drove it one day in the South Dakota winter when it was about 8 degrees and it still wasn't too bad. We never had A/C so that was a different story, so we just drank ice water and ate ice cubes to stay cool when it got over a 100 degrees in the desert. We are a few years older now and aren't quite so crazy anymore. We also go everywhere with our little Maltese Teddy and he even has a set of goggles. He travels well, but he can't take the heat so we don't make those long hot trips anymore. I'll be doing those solo in the future once I get my next roadster done or dragging it behind the motorhome if he and the wife come along. Like they say, when you get older you're supposed to get smarter and comfort makes the ride a hell of a lot more fun!
    [​IMG]
    Jan and Teddy by Sylvan Lake in Custer State Park in the Black Hills of South Dakota in 2009
    [​IMG]
    The Lake Area Roadsters Reliability Run in the Black Hills of South Dakota in 2009

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  14. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I really like that "sneaky" look of your top, but I have a 2" chopped BopTop that I have to deal with.

15. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Before we finished the front of the top, I tried to store the "lumber" in the trunk. It ALMOST fit. Should've gone a different direction right then. That is the reason I am looking for a lift-off hardtop with sills. Freaking curtains also don't/won't seal.

16. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Three years ago, the BopTop was $2,500.00 and the curtains were another thousand.

17. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There was a guy at LARS who installed inserts with pegs on his door tops which were fastened to thin runners holding plexiglass panels. He needed heat where he lives more than cool air, but said the panels hold heat in. I will probably try to mimic his design. A rodder at LonestarRoundup 2015 in April had a BopTop, but a good friend sewed his curtains in with thicker izenglass ? and there were no wrinkles or binds with the thicker stuff; the car appeared to have glass inserts that rolled down. Neat trick.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  18. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I didn't choose a RodTop because it doesn't have the gentle radius from door top to windshield. Not aware of different quality between the two.

19. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Please interpret for us foreigners what "looks the dog bits" means ? I am Scots-Irish with a German rectum but have never heard that one.

20. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

21. andyg

andyg

Thanks for the complement.

22. wade boughman

wade boughman

does anyone know of bop top installer in indiana?

i dont have the stock mounting tabs for attachment point...

thanks

23. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

This year's AMBR winner sure has a nice top on it.

I've tried for weeks to warm up to this color, but I just can't. Sorry.

It's a beautifully built car anyway.

[​IMG]

24. GregCT.

GregCT.
    from CT.

Color is awesome! JMO

25. This is it!:cool:
    [​IMG]
    I do like mine folded down:rolleyes: That is how it is most of the time:cool:
    10449461_10154310196705574_1905849405263939012_n.jpg

thommoina33 likes this.
  26. The37Kid

The37Kid

^^^^ I agree everything about that car is perfect, the top to judge all others by. Bet the fenders could be on it in a couple hours. Bob

27. They could but won't!:p

28. BAAD32

BAAD32

AChopped1950ford likes this.
  29. BAAD32

BAAD32

AChopped1950ford likes this.