Register now to get rid of these ads!

History How did you find the Hamb?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

40fordtudor likes this.
  2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

my buddy told me about it so I had a look, back then it appeared to be full of assholes and I figured they did not need another so I just lurked for quite a while. then a guy had some sort of 49 Chevrolet problems so I signed up to straighten him out.

if I had known I was going to be here for this long I would have picked a different name.

3. Timbofor

Timbofor

4. stimpy

stimpy

to tell you the truth I cannot remember its been over 9 years , I think it was from when I was on the garage journal and we were talking about tools . and I explored all the sites listed .

5. Timbofor

Timbofor

Still learning this "quote" thing. Don't know how my post became a quote. You get the idea.

6. raymay

raymay

A few guys in our Car Club had mentioned the HAMB years ago so I checked it out and joined in 2008. I would go on and read stuff for a few more years before I finally made enough time to introduced myself and start contributing to the posts.
    A friend (Moparron426) had started a build thread on my 56 ElCamino http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/some-pics-of-my-friends-1956-elcamino.399170/ that generated a lot of positive feedback and encouragement from other members. It soon got me more involved and now the HAMB has become more of a daily routine that I enjoy.

7. What's the HAMB?:eek:

I can't remember what I did yesterday:confused:

volvobrynk and 56don like this.
  8. Time fly's, I joined over 12 years ago. HRP

9. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

My friend Morty told me...
    Mark Morton said, "Go to this site...cool stuff, kinda new, but right up our alley..."
    So now I had "Hop Up" AND the HAMB. It was like getting a fresh new R&C mag every day.
    My old hot rod life was immediately in restoration.

The people here are the gold. This is my favorite place.

One of you guys please tell me how to find "Member since ...."? I can't remember the join date, and can't find it in my 'profile'. But it was a long distance...

bowie likes this.
  10. Timbofor

Timbofor

Mike, says you joined 5-31-2002

Atwater Mike likes this.
  11. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

You sold me your roadster yesterday...I'll be up tomorrow for it

12. Just do a mouse over on your avatar.

13. Murphy32

Murphy32
    from Minnesota

I remember I was searchin' "traditional hot rod"...took a left at the Jalopy Journal, and there it was!

14. I came over from the RRT many, many years ago.

15. Hell Butch we had gone through at least 2 kinder gentler transformations between when I joined and when you joined. There are at least half a dozen from my early days on here that are going to come down here and *whup me. I hope they get here before I am too old to enjoy the scrap. LOL :D

*toned down for todays environment.

16. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Same way I found Pamela Anderson's bra size.

Model T1 likes this.
  17. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Heard about from friends

18. Now wait a minute you didn't ask me about the HAMB. :D

19. Every thing has a price:rolleyes: Except the wife and dog:p Notice I put the wife first! Just in case she checks on me:eek:

Model T1, 3wLarry and volvobrynk like this.
  20. stimpy

stimpy

don't use the quote portion , just hit the reply on the thread you want to quote . as the quote you have to find the end of it to add on to it otherwise you add to the persons quote . simple eh??

21. stimpy

stimpy

this is quoted

22. flux capacitor

flux capacitor

A few years ago when I got deep into the 53 150 build, I was always getting hits on my google searches from here, usually finding out what I wanted to know. It soon became my go to spot when seeking knowledge of the unknown, aka the "been there ... done that" info from many wise individuals here on the HAMB. My light bulb turned on upstairs and I realized that this was this was the place my pre war car pals spoke so highly of ! Over the last few years it has helped pull me away from the my love of "1966-72" muscle cars & redirect my thoughts toward the untold quality, style and character of pre war traditionally built rides. You know when your on here everyday because you want to be, that is a great thing to have available to us all , Thanks again Ryan! Flux

23. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

A few years ago, I heard a couple of guys with rat rods complaining about how they got their assholes reamed by making comments on the HAMB. I knew then it was for me, became an ALLIANCE MEMBER and have enjoyed the deals and discounts and conversation ever since.

LOST ANGEL, Murphy32 and Dick Stevens like this.
  24. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Church lady.jpg
    ;)

3wLarry likes this.
  25. I honestly don't remember how I found it. I must have just stumbled upon it because I don't know very many people who mess with these old cars that would have told me about it. I think I found it and just lurked for several years before diving in and joining.

26. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I was searching for shit on the internet and it kept popping up.

27. My son showed me how to navigate the internet on my brand new computer. My first search I typed in "Hot rod" and bingo! The HAMB showed up. That was back in the 90s and some day I'm going to see if there's anything else on the internet.

28. Sure there is other stuff on the internet Rocky,but it's boring compared to the Hamb!:D HRP

40fordtudor and volvobrynk like this.
  29. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

I was on other forums and kept hearing people bitch about how they were kicked off the HAMB. Decided I needed to see what it was about. Now its pretty much the only forum I go to.

Thank You Ryan!

30. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Doh!!! Amazing. Thanks, Tim and Benno. (And I'm building chassis and...CARS???) :eek: