Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 63 Falcon Gasser (South East Gassers)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sonic03bluegt, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

They don't come any better than Jimmy Huff, He's a very big asset to our group. And he knows them fords.

els and Dog_Patch like this.
  2. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

Post some pic's of the engine sitting in their. We run a 351w svo block with boss 302 heads in a very small opel gt. If we can make it work so can you. Maybe a good winter project and bring it out next year bigger and better. Love the Falcon.

3. Sorry to hear that :( that's just what its like building Hemi's you can't expect ANYTHING to fit. That will be a screamer when you get it swapped :cool:

els and Quain Stott like this.
  4. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

[​IMG]
    headed home
    [​IMG]
    pulling the windsor
    [​IMG]

els and AHotRod like this.
  5. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

[​IMG]
    waiting on new motor
    [​IMG]
    valve covers were just temporary until i could get my set painted
    [​IMG]
    ready to go in

els, kiwijeff and AHotRod like this.
  6. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

[​IMG]
    Pretty close on the passenger frame rail where it was scabbed but could've been made to work with a little work and a tight fitting set of headers.
    [​IMG]
    no way this will work in its current location. I could move the steering box in front of the engine but this was just a test engine so i could figure out what i wanted to build. The front frame rails would really need to be cut off and start over as well if i planned to run cleveland, and considering its gonna cost about the same to go with either engine, a windsor just makes more sense as its a direct bolt in since thats what i built the car around
    [​IMG]
    another angle so you can see just how close it is to the exhaust port

els and AHotRod like this.
  7. Hmm, no bueno. Damn the bad luck. Hang with it man. That thing was runnin' pretty damn good the way it was. Gonna be chompin' on the front runners 'fore it's over.

els and sonic03bluegt like this.
  8. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

Thanks, I've been following your truck build, I love the early trucks! Hopefully one day i can at least make a couple of rounds!

els and 3dnsouth like this.
  9. See you at the track Gaberal! We are rolling up early to mess with the car even though racing is at 5pm ;)
    Tony

els likes this.
  10. Man that was an awesome time! Got home at 3am :D enjoyed every minute of that day. Enjoyed racing you Gaberal - you treed me - good driving right there! Check out the under car vid. Too bad it was getting dark. Big thanks to Quain and Dee and Greg for all the hard work organizing this. Its not easy getting the heard of cats in line. :)

els and Quain Stott like this.
  11. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

Cool video Tony! Can't hardly wait for the meltdowns! Had fun racing with the South East Gassers as always yesterday

els, AHotRod, 91whitestang and 2 others like this.
  12. AHotRod

AHotRod

els likes this.
  13. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

Those are bad ass heads, but illegal for our class sadly! Only small block canted valve heads must be a factory casting. No aluminum. If we could run them it would already have a set of Yates heads

els likes this.
  14. AHotRod

AHotRod

But you can run a non-canted valve aluminum head........

els likes this.
  15. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

Right . . . because Quain is trying to keep the money out of it.

Otherwise you could end up at $7,000 Brodix Neal or SC-1s

els and sonic03bluegt like this.
  16. mjlangley

mjlangley
    from SE MI

Love this Falcon. What are your plans now considering the Cleveland-heads are an issue?

els likes this.
  17. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

Mjlangley, I just purchased a dart 4.125 bore block, stroker crank and rods, either going with a set of afr 220 or trick flow high ports from TEA. Hoping to have it in the car by meltdowns

18. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

Ahotrod, Tyler has it right. If you could run canted valve aluminum heads then the cars would be in the 4's already or very low 5's at least and only a select few could afford to have the best so after a year only a couple cars would be running. The way it is now, I expect a full 16 car field next year with minimal separation et wise between them. A guy on a very limited budget as far as racing goes can field a car that has a chance of running up front the way the rules are now. My whole motor won't cost near what a bad ass set of heads do. This is racing the way it's supposed to be, People are running for the love of the hobby and having fun!

els, AHotRod, loudbang and 4 others like this.
  19. Well said. The way I understand things, once you get to 5.70 range, start running for the love and fun of the class. Don't beat yourself up over every $$ you can spend. Then the love becomes hate, the fun becomes a job and the fans can tell the difference!
    I really enjoy following every SEG build thread posted. I attend all your races, hang around, ask questions and take pictures. Trying to stay out of the way while collecting all the information I can. Been bugging Quain with questions and ideas and will be building one for next season. Plans are under way and I will start my own build thread when I begin---when I have something to show besides talk. I hope to fit in.
    Thanks to everyone and keep posting.
    Robert

20. Hey Gaberal - post up that route to the Meltdown that you are going to take if you get a minute. Thanks!
    Tony

els likes this.
  21. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

[​IMG]
    4" stroke crank
    [​IMG]
    Pretty pistons!
    [​IMG]
    Trick flow high ports
    [​IMG]
    Goody box
    [​IMG]
    Here is the route I'm planning on taking Tony
    [​IMG]

All the parts piled in the floor

els, AHotRod and Dog_Patch like this.
  22. That's the same route I took last year, 'cept I did N. GA to Nashville from here, made it great. Good easy route, sure wanna skip Chicago.

Man, the delivery fellas have been busy!! Looks like a plan comin' together...

els likes this.
  23. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is for sure. As it is, you'll drive nearly the full length of Illinois. It's a long and boring drive.

Coming from the South, I would work my way over to I39, which goes directly North to Rockford area. It passes West of Chicago and that traffic mess. Byron will be a short drive directly West of I39.

els likes this.
  24. cptn60

cptn60
    from Joke City

Finn that looks like what he's doin. 57 north to 74@ Champaign, then west on 74 to Blm/Nml(my location) north on 39. And you are right it's awful boring. At least there's a dragstrip at the end of that haul

25. What compression is that gonna be? Nice pop on the pop up!

Is it time to leave yet? :rolleyes:

els likes this.
  26. rt1976

rt1976
    from indy

There's a lot of construction on I65 around Louisville and Lafayette so that route may actually be quicker.

els likes this.
  27. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

Tony, the compression will only be about 14-1 with the larger chambers on the heads. I'll prob have them milled over winter so I can bump up the compression a little more. Thanks for all the advice on the route to take guys, I've never been up to this part of the country and it's hard to decide the best route just looking at a map

els likes this.
  28. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

So excited about the Meltdowns I can't even stand it at this point. If anyone on here is going be sure to stop by the pits and introduce yourself, I would love to put some faces with at these screen names !

29. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

[​IMG]
    Jimmy Huff has got my engine started going together, and it looks great!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

els, kiwijeff, AHotRod and 5 others like this.
  30. frankenfords

frankenfords
    from SoCal

What's the story on that intake? Obviously not designed for a 351W...

Also, nice short box F-100.

els likes this.