Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage What are YOU doing to get ready for the 2015 Meltdown Drags?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

So i think i have my hunk of junk ready for the Meltdown. I am now looking to match race the Heaviest 4 speed gasser out there! Anyone up to the challenge?

2. I aint scairt!!!

powrshftr likes this.
  3. Nobody prolly wants to see such a mis match since yer soooo much faster than my heap BUT when challenged....I bite.... after all...."SINISTER I" has GOT to be the heaviest gasser in attendance...speshully with ME at the helm!!! We can square off Sunday for a race....

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  4. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

What's the sinister 1 weigh Redline? Just weighed mine a couple weeks back, I have mine down to a Svelty 3525 (Put a fiberglass front end on it last year and the car lost a whole 30 pounds lol) with my fat ass in it.

5. 3300 with a sbc and my lard ass innit....I only have a worn out 11-1 383 and a puny lil girl cam....

6. How many inches is yer Rat? Heck yer runnin in the 9s aint ya?

7. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

.030 over 454 . Havent hit the 9s yet. Low 10 so far with the Automatic. Look forward to seeing you in a couple weeks

redlineracer42 likes this.
  8. Ya I am looking forward to seeing you also! I was waaaay under the weather last year!!! I am fit as a fiddle now and ready to ROCK!!!

9. powrshftr

powrshftr

Automatic!?!?

Since when....?

Scott

10. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Looks like a lot has happen since I was out of town.
    Scott how for down below your shoulders is that cross bar ?
    With any luck I will get to piss off the neighbors this week some test and tune on Mt Pleasant International.

11. Saxxon

Saxxon

Not looking good for the Scout / Stude match race.
    I pissed off my wife by going out for a second race day this weekend and came back even more frustrated. I seemed to have solved my fuel pressure problems but the carbs are now totally wacked. Bog bog bog bog stumble bog cough... It's top ending just fine but falling on it's face off the line. The shutterbugs may help me slit my wrists if I asked - more than a couple have expressed their disappointment with my lack of starting line antics. And I'm out of time to get it set up at the track... This is not a cry for help or online tuning suggestions... (thanks anyway...) I've tried dozens of small changes over the last few weekends trying to find what it wants. Power valve / no power valve, staggered jetting, square jetting, bigger shooters, staggered shooters ... I now have the 3rd largest collection of jets behind the air force and United. Looking to book some chassis dyno time with someone who can tell what's happening and how to fix it... God help me if I'm forced to put the old system back in. This really sucks heaping piles of 3 week old geriatric alien fecal matter !!

On a better less psychotic note...the Prefect went 10.95 123 in hot humid conditions!! We keep throwing bigger bypass pills at it and it seems to be responding. We're drilling out the small pills we know don't work. But hey !!! it's getting better. My brother says it runs straight and with no drama... If nothing else we'll have 1 car running right at Meltdown.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
    beebee78, Okiedoker and saltflats like this.
  12. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Last year was the first year for the stick...he ran an auto before that.

13. powrshftr

powrshftr

Hey James,
    The cross bar is only a couple of inches below the top of the seat,but it's almost 8" back,so I'm re-doing the mount a 3rd time to buy me a few more inches of shoulder belt....Otherwise they will be too short,and the buckle will be somewhere up near my sternum.lol!

Scott

14. powrshftr

powrshftr

Aaaaaah.....Gotcha.:)

15. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

The (nhra) power to be (or not) prefers bolt on seat belt mounts.

Saxxon sounds that spider gave you the woolys

16. Saxxon

Saxxon

I was pretty calm as it happened. I will admit I had one hell of a shiver go through me a moment later. Maybe I should have left the little monster in there. Might have made the Scout run better...

saltflats likes this.
  17. waldo1949

waldo1949
    from Illinois

Seems like we-all are doin the same stuff. I can't top the spider but I'm adjusting carbs, reattaching seat belts, 3" studs on rear wheels, different collectors, and even put a fan in the car to cool my ass down. We still have 17 days left. *no problem,,right?

Tickety Boo and saltflats like this.
  18. 62Furious

62Furious

Got the furious out of the garage last week and took it for a couple of laps around the neighborhood, seems to be running good. there have been a lot of changes over the past year. new k-member, engine gears, and tires

Attached Files:

19. powrshftr

powrshftr

Looks amazing with those new tires..!:)

How much surgery was required to squeeze em in there...?

Scott

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  20. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Well I thought maybe it was time to get started so I did a little this evening
    look familiar Scott

Attached Files:

twoponchos and powrshftr like this.
  21. Not sure I understand -- are you adding weight? o_O :D

22. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Unfortunately yes
    Thought it would be nice to have something to help hold the seat tell winter.

23. powrshftr

powrshftr

That looks more like something you'd find up here!
    That's just from a leaky cowl though,right...?

Scott

24. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Windshield and road salt down here.

25. 62Furious

62Furious

Most of the work to get those big tires in was done years ago all I had to do is lower the front spring to the bottom mount to give the body lift and hammer on one wheel well fore tire clearance.

26. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Scott

Looks like a true blue Ford guy took that Big 409 for a ride years ago. (Peed his pants):eek:

Ran right down his brake pedal pants leg.:rolleyes: (ph level of the urine rusted it):p

Okiedoker likes this.
  27. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Scott, just a reminder...you have 18 days to finish, or you'll have 365 excruciating days of the hokey poker taunting you.

28. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Well I did get some tube bent for the seat mount earlier today but just could not pull the third shift tonight.

powrshftr likes this.
  29. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Always fun to look at someone's else's work bench. 20150630_213137.jpg

30dodgeboy and loudbang like this.
  30. powrshftr

powrshftr

Lookin' good so far James.
    I'm just about to head out to the shop and revise my seat belt mount for the third time....lol
    As far as specs for a back brace for the seat,does it have to be the same diameter tubing as the roll bar,or can it be smaller diameter?Cause if I build it out of if old stuff like the rest of it,it will totally be overkill in my eyes.

Scott