Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Flow thru electric fuel pump for priming carb.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dangerous Dan, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Dangerous Dan

Dangerous Dan

I know this topic has been beat to death but after searching all avenues I still have to ask. I need a FLOW THRU. elec pump for priming my carb after my car sits for a few days. I want to install a push button to run the pump for priming purposes only but after searching no one suggests what kind and brand of pump to use with flow thru capabilities. Thanks for any suggestions.

tul01 likes this.
  2. Gene Boul

Gene Boul

If you can blow thru it your stock pump will suck thru it. I believe mine is a Bendix regardless, I power it thru the start solenoid and a three way toggle.

3. 1941coupe

1941coupe

airtex is the one I use

4. Brentphx

Brentphx

Same here, though technically I haven't put it in yet. I'm on my phone, can't link from the Amazon app... But it is flow through. Search Airtex E8251 Universal Solid State Electric Fuel Pump for Marine Applications

55Caddy62 likes this.

5. LBH

LBH

I wrote this once before ....... Do this for an electric pump to prime or use anytime the real one quits or when it is hot or going up hill ..........
    Split the fuel line as close to the tank as is convenient, install a T, one side of the T becomes you stock fuel line. The other side goes immediately to an electric pump. From the pump run a new line to a newly installed T between your old mechanical pump and the carb. One side is your original fuel line and the other one is from the electric pump. Install a fuel filter right after the T before the carb................ and you are good to go .............. :)

wraymen likes this.
  6. Old post but exactly what I was looking for, Thanks

7. chargin03

chargin03

Airtex works great just got mine done for the same reason

8. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Have had one on my 40 for years--trigger it with a toggle-don't recall the brand. Works great after car sits for a while.

9. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

LBH's way of doing it sounds like the right way of going about it, but I have one stuck inline and it works fine. I would think that, like mentioned, if you can blow though it, it will work inline.

Neal

10. My sbc has tank - Carter electric pump on toggle switch - stock GM pump - carburetor. Works fine, when needed.

11. gas pumper

gas pumper

Airtex E8090. Amazon.