Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Race of Gentlemen, 2015

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Dec 17, 2014.

1. blindowl

blindowl
    BANNED
    from MASS

we have a frame !:eek:

2. Man, looks like a good bit of builds in the HOPES of getting in. The race field is fairly limited and pretty focused (which is a good thing....). Just afraid there's gonna be a good number of disappointed pups come race time. Still, some nice builds.

3. I think the Oilers having to choose the best from a big pool of entrants beats having to accept everyone just to have enough...
    Anyone building for this should have read over the threads from the past few years to have an idea of what the style is, and should also know that racers are selected and not guaranteed.
    At the end of the day, even if you aren't selected, you still have a hotrod to drive...

nosdan and Carter like this.
  4. Tedders

Tedders

I was hoping my RPU could be part of the fun but recently they mentioned no pick ups. Still going, hotel booked, tickets purchased, at the end of the day it's my hot rod and I'm happy with it. Banger group on FB is a hell of a good group of guys very supportive hopefully get to meet a few of them at the event. Still going to be a blast

5. jkeesey

jkeesey

Well the bumble bee is getting there. I have to wrap the front of the wood structure with aluminum, its covered in cloth for now. The tail is almost done and the exhaust is nice but I'm cutting the large updraft tubes off and installing dual side drafts.

Attached Files:

6. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

this is going to be epic. i don't want to rush the summer but i cannot wait until october 1st

7. ........................Those Mercury caps are the tits.:D

8. Barillarospeed Entry is coming together

Attached Files:

9. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

Whoa , that's gonna be sick!

10. Little bobtail speedster im building..
    IMG_6098.jpg IMG_8037.jpg IMG_3478.jpg

11. blindowl

blindowl
    BANNED
    from MASS

Super cool speedster

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. Great bobtail, 2tall!

13. boo

boo
    from stuart,fl.

trying to finish my 27 T cpe. for race[maby intrant pick], if i put in tinted windows yould that disqulify me because they wern't around in 1934 ???? also if i get a chevy dist. from bubbas for the 8ba eng???? all else is 53 and back.

14. hotrodrhp

hotrodrhp
    from Wisconsin

Lived in NJ most of my life... I move and the best show on earth comes to Wildwood! Still have relatives about an hour from there and its on my calendar to "visit" them come the first of Oct. In the middle of a post WW2 AV8 roadster build and may or may not be done in time. Now I have a target date and more inspiration to get it done.

15. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Just in... the August 2015 Hemmings Muscle Machines magazine has a 2 page advert from Craftsman tools on their ROG entry. Unbelievable. Same issue also has a very nice article on the Jalopy Showdown, too! What is the world coming to? Gary

16. -Brent-

-Brent-

[​IMG]
    My little barnstormer is a couple weeks away from being able to be submitted for consideration. The roadster body has neat local advertising and history (from waaay back) on the doors, which I don't want to disturb, so are tape numbers acceptable? I'm not sure I've seen TROG cars with taped numbers... maybe that blue phaeton???

17. orangeamcs

orangeamcs

Dammit the secret is out

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  18. The tank is a roller

Attached Files:

19. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No vote on the tinted windows , apart from more expensive the look would be all wrong . Although in saying that we have a very light green tint in our green 32 3w and it's not obvious ,thank goodness!!

20. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

21. Pete

Pete

The Torrnados are hard at work these days, scrambling to get completion cars ready for the race.. We hope to have at least 3 cars this year..

This is a special year for us.... We officially formed the club last year but this year we'll be competing as a team! The goal is to just have fun and enjoy this awesome event.

BenLeBlanc and Speedy Canuck like this.
  22. Pete

Pete

Getting there.

Attached Files:

23. Pete

Pete

My new ROG helmet!!!

Attached Files:

24. Tedders

Tedders

Your already approved for racing or applied for spots?

25. Pete

Pete

Negative... Fingers crossed.... Build a car per the rules and chances are good

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  26. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

27. Tedders

Tedders

See you there

28. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

For sure. I thought they weren't picking any cars till August but someone on here said they have already been picked. Lots of guys building. I'm hoping for the best for me and my little gang.

Tedders likes this.
  29. Hey all, it Mel from Trog. Sounds like my retarded planet, I like that.

Please don't persecute me for not being on the Hamb as much. Love it, just busy and can't operate it like I use too. So I tend to jump on get frustrated and peel out. My fault, not the Hamb.

You must keep in touch with us at [email protected]

All questions there please. Send pics and details for your entries there too.

Truth is, we are getting filled up. I did tell you not to send pics in of a Model A frame and say here is our entry, hope to be there in Oct. Thank you!!!

But, if your close, or have built a pretty decent mock up, you may send in a heads up. Just a brief what's up, my short plan, a pic or two.

Every day I see a new car we have no idea about, and it would be nice to learn a little. Not a life story. Hahaaaa.

Final pics of your entry must be in by Aug first.

We would like all pics of your car and face in by that date too for the program. So get on it!!! Going to be a sick year.

lockwoodkustoms likes this.
  30. 117harv

117harv