Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Your Daily Driver - HAMB ERA Daily driver that is

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fender1325, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Judd

Judd

Been driving the 64 f100 in my avitar for nine months while working on the Galaxie but plan to use the Galaxie this summer.

Attached Files:

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. Everyday, all weather, hauls junk too

Attached Files:

kiwijeff and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. Jason Vohland

Jason Vohland
    from Reno, NV

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1434947916.266197.jpg
    Here is my daily driver.

Legends47 likes this.
  4. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

My daily currently is My 07 ram 2500 with a cummins diesel. I can't wait until my avatar is done so that I can drive it instead. It was my dad's car and he drove it everywhere. It has sat since 1987. I was supposed to bring it home 5 or 6 years ago, I just couldnt bring myself to do it.. He passed away in Nov 2012. I did not bring it home until april of 2014, and that was because my good friend kicked me in the ass.

5. krazee

krazee

1965 F100 FE352 Hurst 3 speed Glasspacks All period

Attached Files:

• 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      284.8 KB
      Views:
    • 006.JPG
      006.JPG
      File size:
      285.5 KB
      Views:
  6. Cadillac flathead motor '36-'48 346 cid.
    Lasalle motor was 322 cid if I remember right. the cadillac and lasalle motor are the same one is just less displacement.

7. LOL My legs have always been a little on the puny side and the older and wiser brothers have been telling me since I was in my twenties that the two things that this bike has were two things that I really need, a starter and dresser bars. :D I have always said that if you have a starter there is one thing that you better always have, a kicker (and the skill to use it). I think whomever designed the starter bendix on these old shovels (and the pans before them) had two things in mind 61" and 8:1.

back on track sorry for the rabbit trail (actually I am not but just to make everyone feel better), I am just back for a two week road trip and spent a significant amount of time in the NW. I guess I never noticed when I was a kid and living up there, maybe it is because they were just old cars, but on this trip I noticed something that everyone posting on this thread should think about. In that part of the country there are more cars from about every era of what would be considered classis today being driven just for transportation.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  8. LOL when we were in the process of financing our current house I was driving the Pusher and the wife was driving my old galaxie. Kind of hard to make a finance guy think you are successful when you don't own anything newer than '65. Anyway one day I had to make the trip to the mortgage guys office to sign some papers and deliver some others and he says to me, "You guys are different then most Americans, you drive your vehicles a long time" To this day I wonder of he thought that we bough the Pusher and the Galaxie new. Both were '65s.

@F&J I think that maybe you have missed something when you say have access to a late model car and don't consider someone's daily as their daily. I work from home these days so maybe it doesn't count for me as much as someone else, but when I was working a square job still it wouldn't matter what the wife drove I still had to get myself to work, we both traveled @ 20 miles one way to work and in opposite directions. Now there is lousy bus service here in the metro but suppose one lived in an area like say San Francisco where there is good bus service, then does the question become that a daily isn't really a daily because of it breaks down you can catch a bus? Just food for thought here and nothing else.

9. Since I sent my Deuce pickup down the road I don't have a hamb friendly driver,although it really wasn't a daily I did drive it at least 3 0r 4 times a week. HRP

10. Ya the starter on these shovels are iffy when new! I got T-Boned on this same bike 29 years ago and that elect. starter and misc.inner and outer primary etc ended up in the street....I will shut up now and quite hijacking....maybe....but I doubt it...

11. Coo el! Just how snappy is it? How faaast?

12. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

This '57 Ford Wagon has been my daily driver for the past couple of months... it's a great old car!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

guthriesmith and lothiandon1940 like this.
  13. cartman4gc

cartman4gc

Summer the Roadster, Winter, 47 PU

Attached Files:

14. LOL great spot for a pic too. ;) :D :D
    [​IMG]

Tony and Malcolm like this.
  15. 10848677_773163872720977_4872377393030453837_o.jpg

Sold my late model almost three years old. It takes me where I want to go.

OL 55 likes this.
  16. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

The '56 Buick is my daily driver in the summer months. It has 2/60 A/C in it-roll down 2 windows and drive 60 mph. I drive it on dry days in the winter too because it has a good heater in it.... PICT0042.JPG PICT0035.JPG

17. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

In reality he knows the Plymouth is dependable and just doesn't trust the Chevy, afraid it will let him down in the cold nasty weather...... ;-)

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

18. Could be, he still has it. :D I have no idea how many miles it has on it but the heads have never been off. I did give him a pair of the big exhaust manifolds in the '90s. I had them and he cracked one of the originals. :)

19. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

I would love to see a pic of it. We have a 69 Road Runner 383 4-speed car too

20. Not BLOODY likely....

21. Next time I am in Wyandot county I'll snag you a pic. Maybe with his Molested '70s era Stingray, his other daily. ;)

22. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

Thanks. I would like to see both. Had a 76 Stingray

23. flatheadmurre

flatheadmurre

IMG00111.jpg IMG00113.jpg
    If it snow free i run my -54 daily.
    Got a couple of new(other) fenders this spring..non leaking motor on its way..

24. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

camera full 059.jpg now that my Merc is sidelined w a blown head gskt at least -- and my Beulah is *still* undergoin "nervous system" [ REwirin ] surgery -- THIS is my only vehicle left to drive -- leastways, I'm not walkin -- yet

25. 2935ford

2935ford

Hey Beaner..........that's my kinda bike. Always had Iron Head sporty's. You get tired of it.....let me know! :)

26. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

For the past almost five years that I've had my 53, it's pretty much been my daily. I do own an 01 Suburban, but it's pushing 300k miles, so I have way more faith in the old Stovebolt to get me where I need to go. I generally only use the Suburban for hauling/towing, really bad weather, when the 53 is down for repairs, or when 55 mph just won't get me where I need to go in the time I have to get there. I hope to replace the Suburban with a 47-54 Suburban or 49-54 Chevy Wagon in the next year or so. [​IMG]Hosted on Fotki

cretin likes this.
  27. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't drive every day, there is no need. My employer provides transportation for me.
    When I do hit the road:
    [​IMG]

28. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

I don't have a daily driver. My commute to work is 10' out my back door to the garage. I don't really have a HAMB friendly ride either. My 48 coupe is on a 25 year old chassis, too new to be HAMB friendly, but is my summer driver. I have a 93 truck as a winter driver. My wife has an 04 car that we drive in the winter, when its not practical to use my pickup.
    Before my 50 Dodge 4x4 got wrecked in 10/2011, it was my year around daily driver. I even used it to plow snow with.

As far as your conditions:
    I've never left any car at some airport parking lot, I've been on a plane 6 times in my life.
    I'm not afraid to park my car in any parking lot, but other then a hotel parking lot, I don't intend on leaving it sit someplace over night, except at home. it sits outside there every night, year around.
    I have people tell me they see my car everywhere. Its not unusual for my coupe to be a couple hundred miles from home. We have been known to go on 200 mile Sunday joy rides. Gene

29. Banger powered and bias-ply
    IMG_20151027_142048.jpg

jonvo4591 and cretin like this.
  30. Well I do got my eye on an evo, it would keep with my normal MO being one engine behind the rest of the world. :D

Gimp I think that is common for a lot of us. I don't go anyplace if I have no place to go so really we are in the same boat, more or less, daily not but regular transportation yes.

In '79/'80 I had a '54 that I drove year around. I actually did a motor swap in the snow because I needed it to get to work. Loved that old heap, but in the '70s and into the '80s in that part of the country they were just old trucks. LOL

When I paid the initial 200 dollars for it, there was no glass and the stock 6 cylinder 3 speed. I needed cheap because I was working and overhauling something else. I put glass in it when it started getting frost on the seat while I was driving to work, I shelled the 6 when there was about 6" of snow on the ground but there was a low mile gremlin (o_O:eek:) that had no title that I could snag the engine and tranny out of. Bummed a ride for 3 days and worked on the truck when I was not working. Nothing but an Oxy/acetylene torch, a tree and a tool box later and it was an AMC/GM powered '54 ford. Looked like it came that way. ;)

Like the Effie by the way, first gen F-100s and first gen C10s my all time favorite trucks.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015