Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The bucket of ugly! A de-uglifying thread...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by need louvers ?, Aug 14, 2013.

1. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Well, the incredible Mr Ben D just left here a bit ago, after depositing a LARGE, HEAVY, bit of cast iron in my back yard on behalf of our buddy NITROBROTHER!

Said large lump of cast iron is an early sixties Lincoln 430 I believe, which will be the centerpiece of Andy's touring 'Bucket! I'll shoot some picts of all the cool stuff that came with and get some stuff posted hopefully later today.

I can't stress enough, Ben D is a valuable asset here on the H.A.M.B.! If you need a car or engine or ANY large item moved interstate, give him call or send him a message!

2. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Can't wait to see that build, I have loved the look of tubs forever.

falcongeorge likes this.
  3. Wait, you can't haul a 430 in a T bucket? Say it isn't so! ;-) Time for a trailer hitch!

need louvers ? likes this.
  4. Ben is the man! A half-ton of engine and transmission is guaranteed to grab people's attention! As soon as we get a few more parts located and the build further along, I'll start a new thread.

daddio211 likes this.
  5. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

I was drawn to tubs when my best friend put one together, first with a small hemi which he replaced with a 406 Ford w/ tri-power backed up w/ BW T10 and a Vette independent rear, it was quite fast and handled pretty damn good too. Some may know of him, he was the original builder of a 32 3 window coupe named Tuffy which is now owned by kisam on the HAMB.

need louvers ? and daddio211 like this.
  6. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I tell you what, the one I put together for Roy that I showed a couple of months ago is a nice riding car! The Jag under the a back took some extra diddling around to figure out spring rates and such, but it is nice.

Dick Stevens likes this.
  7. Headed out the door now for the Roadster Show. Should be there in about two hours in the Yellow Plymouth if anyone there sees this. Gary, I'll come find you in the swap meet if your still there. I'll check here again when I get there.

Kurt
    Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. verde742

verde742

As we say: Pictures or it didn't happen !!!! Where can I find pics?

9. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

The RPU was out in daylight for the first time. Took a few pictures :cool: Larry
    When the top is done it's finishing time.
    roadster outside ! 001 (2).jpg roadster outside ! 002 (2).jpg roadster outside ! 003 (2).jpg roadster outside ! 005 (2).jpg roadster outside ! 006 (2).jpg roadster outside ! 007 (2).jpg

10. Zandoz

Zandoz

11. Looking good Blue

12. Spent three days cruising around LARS spent time with Gary and Jerry, met up with Tim and Kurt. It was great, thanks for the warm welcome. Onwards to Disneyland

13. Tim_with_a_T

Tim_with_a_T

It was a pleasure to meet you k1w1rodder! I put your generous gift to good use today after a long day of walking around in the heat. Good to see you again also, Gary. I was pumped to see your roadster in person. Just bitchin'.

1434935127584.jpg

1434935258322.jpg

14. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

For some reason they wouldn't post over here when I tried to post them. That and it's sort of an off topic car 'round these parts anyway. Hit the link at the bottom of my post for my Hot Rod Central Face book page and scroll back a bit and you'll see them.

15. Tim_with_a_T

Tim_with_a_T

Well, for T buckets, the LARS was basically Gary's bitchin' bucket and a few that were a "meh".

1434935443831.jpg

1434935475927.jpg

1434935496197.jpg

1434935567441.jpg

dana barlow and volvobrynk like this.
  16. Tim_with_a_T

Tim_with_a_T

And although this isn't a T, this touring/phaeton was pretty cool.

1434935664628.jpg

1434935679498.jpg

17. Tim_with_a_T

Tim_with_a_T

And after wandering the swap all day looking for Stewart Warner "Twin Blue" and original "Wings" series gauges (I saw a few that I either already had or the prices were too rich for my blood), I found this bitchin' watch in the indoor vendor space area. Insert nerd boner here. I'm stoked!

1434935865637.jpg

Matches my Greenlines!!!

1434935923331.jpg

18. brad2v

brad2v

Love the watch Tim. And that tub sure looks like a T to me. And I really dig it.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

whiplash1923T likes this.
  19. Thanks for the photos, Tim. That "toolin' 'round" touring is a '26-'27 T!

brad2v likes this.
  20. Tim_with_a_T

Tim_with_a_T

Lol. Thanks for the correction, guys. I just looked at the photo again and it's pretty obvious. Too much sun for Tim.

whiplash1923T and brad2v like this.
  21. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

Nice Score on the watch and the Marineland Bottle opener, Tim. Hope you got ideas galore, even though there weren`t many Buckets to be seen...
    Wish I could have made it this year. Oh well...2016.....

Tim_with_a_T likes this.
  22. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Id put money on that red bucket with the 200s's and american 12 spokes being a sixties survivour...

23. Tim_with_a_T

Tim_with_a_T

George, I think you're right. All the cars are blending together, but that red bucket had a 60's survivor vibe. Early small block with an X1 intake and 6 Strombergs all plumbed and hooked up with straight linkage. Killer motor, original dropped axle, and awesome wheels. Everything else was a bit odd. Here's the interior.

1434949440607.jpg

24. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Ha! The irony!!! This touring is my "dad" Ronnie Olmstead's old car! I have many an hour invested in this one! I haven't seen it since he sold it about 6 or 7 years ago.

Tim_with_a_T likes this.
  25. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

The button tuft bed cover was one of several things that had me thinking that. The short wb, the steering column angle and upward pointing pitman arm, the separate chrome split bone mounts, chromed rearend housing, bulb horn, spindle mounts, front axle and grill shell were others. The X-1 and holley 94's could be recent additions.

26. Gary, Graham, and I were pretty sure the yellow T was a vintage car too! Gary, Jerry, and Graham, it's was good to meet you all! Tim, sorry I missed you. I can tell by your pictures you were there Saturday, and I was there Sun. I can't believe you didn't get a photo of the Lime Gold T with the 24" gold plated spoke wheels on the back! :D You and I must have been of the same mind.....it would probably have broken the camera! ;)

volvobrynk and Tim_with_a_T like this.
  27. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Tim with the same shit eating grin as Chip had last year sitting in my roadster.

Great weekend at LARS. The only thing that would have made it better is if Chip could have made it.

Spent some time with Graham kiwirodder and his lovely wife. Thanks for the T shirt, bottle opener and company at the swap. Hope the rest of your vacation will go as well.

Spent some quality time with Kert. Blownfuel. Can't believe how well that late model hemi. fits in the Ply. engine compartment.

All together had a great time.

IMG_0285.jpg

28. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Its funny. This is the second year I wanted to go to LARS and didnt, and the second year I scored because I was at home. Just bought a REALLY NICE full set of '26/'27 tudor inner door panels, window winders, fenders and splash aprons for a bargain basement price.

29. Tim_with_a_T

Tim_with_a_T

Thanks for posting the picture, Gary. Really nice to see you again and chat for a few.

30. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Cool get George, what are your plans for the tudor T?