Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Your Daily Driver - HAMB ERA Daily driver that is

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fender1325, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Fender1325

Fender1325

Lets see some daily drivers! Rain or shine, cold or hot!

What do you love most about yours and what do you hate?

2. My 51 is my daily from about April or May to whenever the rainy season starts. Then it goes back in the garage at nights. Too much leaking weatherstripping to leave it out all the time. Before I put in new weatherstripping, and left it outside all the time, I had mushrooms growing in the carpet. Much better now and no problem driving in the rain, but better not to leave it outside in too much rain. It still gets regular driving in the winter, but not every day.
    It is just a fun car to drive, lousy 5.5 mpg in local driving, but most days I only do less than ten miles driving back and forth locally and the round trip from home to shop.

3. squirrel

squirrel

I've been driving this one a lot since I got it done almost two year ago. I'm thinking about putting AC in it, to make it more comfy for my wife.
    [​IMG]

4. Tony

Tony

There's been a few threads on this that were good but daily's could change quite often for some so i suppose another cant hurt :)

My daily has not changed. Every day rain or shine, spring, summer and fall. Winter months they drop salt here (a LOT of it) so it hibernates through out winter til the salt is clear.
    image.jpg

The love hate part, well, love i guess would be a functional old ride that can haul in the bed as well as haul ass and is reliable doing both.
    Hates, not many. Heavy rain it leaks a bit...thats really about it.

Tony

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015

5. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

Been using my 30 pickup as a daily driver for about 10 years, ran out of garage space and so it sits outside. Had to tear out two concrete window wells this week and hauled off the concrete in the truck then hauled 10 bags of top soil to fill in around the new metal wells. Use it all year long, no matter the weather.

Attached Files:

6. F&J

F&J

All those that posted so far...I would suspect you all have newer modern cars, either yours, or wife's, or "oh, that's our family car".

BS thread

scotty t, 49ratfink and T.L. like this.
  7. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

My Buick is my daily. Currently in the process of installing Vintage Air for the kiddo and wife.

And no, I don't have a newer car as well. Unless you count the bike.....

Bulletnose26 and Fender1325 like this.
  8. F&J

F&J

Then you are certainly the exception.. :)

I'm single, the only two vehicles here with plates/Insurance, are a 1970 and a 1966

If I had extra income, I'd have something newer for sure, but I guess I don't really "need" one.

It does suck to only have ancient cars. My current car of the last 8.5 years, is a 1970. It had replaced a 1957 that I drove for 4 or 5 years, The one before the 57 was a 1963 that I got in 1995. None of them broke down as far as needing towing, but having something modern would be nice for a change.

The salt and climate here destroys whatever you have....that's why I hate "patina" :(

oldcars.acadia likes this.
  9. LOL been driving it a lot lately haven't you. :D

Everyone needs a bad weather vehicle, I hope that you are one of the few Texans who has his head above water.

So OT is cool? This is my daily until I get something else going, hopefully before the snow flies this year, but so far it hasn't happened for a few years here.

[​IMG]

gas & guns, Tony and Fender1325 like this.
  10. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

I drive a C5 Vette everyday but a guy at the gym drives this everyday, summer, Rain Snow etc. seen him lvg lLowes in a downpour with 2x4s sticking out of the passenger side window. He said he got sick of car shows and wanted to enjoy the Vette. Lives in Lexington Ky area. . ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1434845847.686714.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1434845866.115850.jpg

11. LOL I got a friend that is retired from the local GM plant that has a '69 Roadrunner for a snow car. He bought it new and said that he wouldn't drive his good car (chevy) in the snow. :D

12. 1953 ford.jpg
    I hate speed bumps, steep driveways and rainy days (wipers only swipe on deceleration, doesn't rain often enough here to spur me on to fix it!)

lothiandon1940 and Fender1325 like this.
  13. draggin'GTO

draggin'GTO

1964 Pontiac Tempest.

[​IMG]

1973 455 equipped with a 1966 Tri-Power setup. I like it because it's reliable, fast and uses a lot of gas.

[​IMG]

14. Fender1325

Fender1325

Haha. Well the point is to see peoples legitimate daily driver

15. dcs13

dcs13

LOL. She's been in the garage a LOT this spring. about 1000 miles since January...Which is ok. I'd like to keep her a long time. Heck, drove to a small car show this afternoon and got drizzled on. I was in a panic...

16. jailbar joe

jailbar joe

[​IMG]
    this is my daily driver....come rain hail and shine....goe to the tip,the supermarket,just about anywhere I go it goes....my wife drives a Hyundai....but when we are together it's in my truck.
    cheers joe

17. Tony

Tony

Thats funny.
    Yes, i do have a more modern car, in fact one car and two trucks. That only means i have them.
    But, i'm not bullshitting in the slightest. Anyone around here, or that know's me, knows its driven daily. I'd muuuch rather drive my 52 than any of them.
    Heat, defrost, a/c, sirius sat radio and 2 speed wipers. All i need.
    Oh yeah, i'm not married and have no kids so i dont need a family car.

Tony

65pacecar likes this.
  18. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This was my daily for 18 years. Rain, shine, snow, tropical storm, it did it all.

[​IMG]

But, now that I am a grown ass man, I had to build something sensible. This old heap is not fast, but it gets me to work everyday with windows that roll up and heat that works. Pretty sophisticated.

[​IMG]

I own a 36 truck, a 36 coupe and the Model A, that's it.

-Abone.

19. I do not have a "modern" car, my other driver is a 1976 Corvette, but i drive my 50 much more. The wife has a newer Toyota, but only driven when she needs air-conditioning....lol

20. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My shop mechanic drives this 32 roadster everyday.

[​IMG]

-Abone.

21. I love this! What... large block and some sorta auto w/ od?

22. What is that motor?

23. Yer a "hardboiled son of a bitch!!!" I love it!!!

lothiandon1940 and Fender1325 like this.
  24. I love it Beaner!!!

25. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

My "work" car is a 96 olds cutlass. When I can come up with some extra money, I'd like to build something in a old chevy pick up. I have a 72 chevelle, 434 sb, solid roller, 850 QF carb with ported dart 230 heads that gets around 3 to 4000 miles put on it a yr. Tony, that is one sweet truck.

27. clem

clem

I don't understand, you call it a BS thread,... yet you posted, ....do you not think that in a country with 300 million plus people, ...
    maybe there are others besides yourself, that have a daily driver?

28. squirrel

squirrel

My suburban has a tired old 350 and TH400, and I put a Gear Vendors in it, since they gave me one (I won the drawing for it on Drag Week last fall). Over 25k miles in two years...now with the OD and 3.08 gears it gets 17-18 mpg on the road.

My wife has a late model truck, but I like driving my old junk instead.

redlineracer42 likes this.
  29. GasserTodd

GasserTodd

2012-09-17 18.13.18.jpg Family Camera May 2012 021.JPG

Truck is my daily driver, tho when its really cold I take the Topolino to work as it has a better heater. Sold my W8 Volkswagen a few years ago and used the Topo as my daily but prefer the truck. Truck has XJ6 Jaguar suspension and a 350/700R4

You can feel a bit vulnerable in the Topo when other road users dont seem to want to share the road with you.

lothiandon1940, Zandoz and blowby like this.
  30. I would love to have that gear vendors piece! Are you coming to the Meltdown?