Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hot Rod Reunion Bowling Green 2015 (Who is going)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by enloe, May 10, 2015.

1. trailerpark

trailerpark

Launch time 2:00 p.m. With top fuel. Has drizzled on and off all morning.

2. ripsrides

ripsrides

Thank you
    nk

3. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

I was kind of disappointed with all the class car racing. Just modern stuff that looks slightly nostalgic. There was some cool stuff there, but not nearly as much as in the past.

4. rooman

rooman

For those who did not go, they got it all in. It was dark by the time they ran the finals and really dark for the cacklefest (as opposed to last year). I got to cackle Geri Tarvin's 65 Davis top fueller and even managed to set it on fire--just some standoff vapor out of the right side breathers--and that got a lot of peoples' attention. It was a long few days with the heat, humidity and rain but once again a great event. I did catch up with Enloe and his boy at the reception on Friday night so that was good too.

Roo

enloe likes this.
  5. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

WELL, it rained some,it lighting-ed,(is that a word), it rained some more. The wind blew, A LOT. Very hard at times. I took several naps.... and had a damn blast. Despite the rain this is still a great show!

enloe likes this.
  6. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

7. Had a great time . Met up with enlow and his son . We had a good . Just dropped off the two of them . image.jpg

8. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

JOYFLEA IS A HELL OF A GUY:)

Dog_Patch likes this.
  9. HELLBILLY

HELLBILLY

I dont say this about many people but Enloe is good people, really appreciate that JOYFLEA......... May your pockets hold always a coin or two. May the sun shine bright on your window pane. May the rainbow be certain to follow each rain. May the hand of a friend always be near you. May your home always be too small to hold all of your friends, And may God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.

10. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Thank's I really appreciate the kind words.

11. D-man313

D-man313

Enloe it was great seeing you guys again. It sucks you had trouble with your car this year but you came out of it with a life long friend. Put a little over 1,000 miles on the truck this weekend, a little roadside maintenance, and a lot of gas. We had a blast like usual. I didn't feel that it rained more than a normal BG weekend. Hot and humid and it rains. Enloe I look forward to your picture thread.

enloe likes this.
  12. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

was a real BITCHIN TIME-----just got home thanks PAULY55 couldn't have done it with you lil brother----good to meet you and eathan, enloe----

Attached Files:

• 252.JPG
      252.JPG
      File size:
      211.2 KB
      Views:
    enloe likes this.
  13. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

Weather could have been better, but I had a good time there. This is my favorite show. The old wooden chairs in the grandstands are the best spot in the world to watch drag racing.

14. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

Attached Files:

• 016.JPG
      016.JPG
      File size:
      145.5 KB
      Views:
  15. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I will start posting pics tomorrow. they will be posted in the thread that is linked to my signature:D

doinbad and rocky larocca like this.
  16. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

JUST STARTED POSTING PICS

17. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Dang Enloe sorry to hear of your troubles! Hope your son is feeling better I didn't see either of you, as I walked the grounds over and over taking pictures, now I understand why. I arrived Thursday mid morning stayed till shutdown went early Friday stayed all day got a late start Saturday had to install a new starter took parts house a few hours to track one down for me. But we made it there in the afternoon well after the rain what little there was Saturday. What a FUN time we all had one of the BEST shows around. Had a little radiator hose issue on the way home but no big deal. Unfortunately I have some VERY SAD news to relay one of the couples we were parked next to most of the weekend VERY, VERY, nice people, had a fatal accident on the way home Sunday, their Red 37 Plymouth had a right rear flat, as they were changing their tire two other cars had an accident and one drove into the rear of the 37 and tragically killing them both near Georgetown Kentucky Sunday afternoon. So please keep them, their families and friends in your prayers what a terrible accident. The TV news here has posted their names as I only just met them I don't think it is my place to print their names.

enloe likes this.
  18. Gman0046

Gman0046

I was watching the Louisville TV news and just caught the tail end of a report which reported two fatalities on I- 75. Nothing was mentioned about a vintage vehicle being involved but in the picture you could plainly see a battered bright red late 30's Mopar coupe. I was wondering if any Hamber's knew anything about it and was going to start a post.
    Prayers from Kentucky sent.

Gary