Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration A little sneak peek...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, May 15, 2015.

1. I completed a trade with autobodyed. He got my #3 shift knob, and I now have #41 for my 41 Chevy. Thanks so much Ed!

2. That's cool. HRP

lothiandon1940 and Scooterville like this.
  3. Anyone got # 32 yet? HRP

4. I don't need the adapter that came with it. Anyone need it? (16mm x 1/2" to 5/16"-24) I just ordered a brass 16mm to 3/8"-16 to fit my shifter.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  5. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

no problem scott, glad to help a brother out! enjoy!

6. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I've been trying to arrange a possible trade, I wish slodat would answer his messages instead of just ignoring me :D
    Oh well he probably wants to keep #26 but at least he could say so.
    I too wonder who got #32

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  7. Congrats Scott. You have to be happier than Caitlyn "Bruce" Jenner!

8. Lol. I gotta be!

HOTRODPRIMER and lothiandon1940 like this.
  9. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

#32 is in Australia.

10. Boy this country is going to hell!:(

kiwijeff and clem like this.
  11. Asphalt Demon

Asphalt Demon
    from Australia

Mine has still not arrived! I,m in Australia, would like to have 52 or 46 for my cars if someone wants to trade,I,d imagine 32 is in Victoria but if it was sent to me by mistake it will be available.Johnny

12. My brass adapter came in today! #41 for the my 41! :) Thanks! 100_4251 (Small).JPG

kiwijeff, Saxman and hrm2k like this.
  13. I've been an Alliance member for over 3 years and just noticed this was even available!
    I always check the store in hopes of seeing a knob for sale again and always buy shirts, books , hat's and ect. ect.
    I never seen a 24 hour notice at all!
    Being an Alliance member/supporter, I feel burnt not getting a notice!
    "Just saying"

14. 117harv

117harv

This thread was the notice, if you wanted one you had to keep checking, every couple hours or more. I have been an Alliance member for years too and missed out on tags and knobs in the past, got lucky this time.

Many alliance members missed out, not knowing exactly when they were to be up for sale made it fair for everyone.

15. Making it fair would've been a p.m. to all Alliance members and selling only one per member!
    I didn't know there was a thread on this subject.
    Just found the thread by reading Ryan's 33 truck thread.
    It is what it is!
    I guess I should spend more time on the computer than working on my car!?
    Ha ha. (NOT!)

117harv likes this.
  16. 530sandman, How many Alliance members do you think there are? Say there are 500. How would they all get a shift knob when there are only 100 made?? Even if we all did end up getting pm's about them, there would still be a few folks bitchin and whining if they didn't end up with one.

LOST ANGEL and seatex like this.
  17. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Every single alliance member that logged on during the sell was told via a pop up that the knobs were available. If you did not see the post the week before to check in on Monday morning or if you did not login on Monday morning, you were essentially shit out of luck.

Point being, if you aren't engaged your chances aren't as good...

Last thing I wanted to do was leave anyone out, but there is no way in hell we could have made more than 100 of these and keep the quality where it is.

Scooterville likes this.
  18. Ryan, did you get my thank you package?

19. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

No sir... But I haven't checked my po box in 10 days as I'm in the middle of a double move. But man... I can't wait too now!

20. Well, just know you did not get the last word on this Ca boy!

21. Asphalt Demon

Asphalt Demon
    from Australia

Ok this thread has kinda made me feel somewhat guilty, having only been an alliance member for 1 year ! I received mine in the mail and its number 75 , and a beautiful piece, not a significant number to me so its up for trade! And that will satisfy at least one disgruntled member, and give others hope! I have screwed with flatheads my whole life so vintage speed equipment would be a good trade or I,m always in need of 94 ford carbs that I rebiuld. Here's the deal pm me offers, I do not want cash, when I get the trade in the mail .you pay postage to me. remember I'm in Australia and postage ain't cheap so consider that before you make silly offers. I will post you number 75 shift knob registered mail and insured. Whatcha got? Hope this is ok with Ryan ? If not delete. I am not a greedy person and will make up my mind quickly for the right part.but will not drag this out, preference given to alliance members, and maybe Aussie members for ease of transaction.

22. Wow, really cool!-MIKE:cool:

530sandman and Asphalt Demon like this.
  23. seatex

seatex

oh man............you should send that to me since you got MY '29 knob!:eek::confused::cool::D

24. Asphalt Demon

Asphalt Demon
    from Australia

Ok shift knob number 75 is going back to the u.s . To 530 sandman Thanks Johnny

530sandman likes this.
  25. Looks like this Bitchen Whiner gets one!
    Ha Ha!
    Thanks Asphalt Demon!

seatex likes this.
  26. I will keep my #29, thank you. it is Loctited on the shifter in my RPU! I sent Ryan something special to show my appreciation.

seatex likes this.
  27. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I think maybe this thread should get closed before another negative Nancy finds out..

28. Asphalt Demon

Asphalt Demon
    from Australia

Maybe? Maybe not? The blokes a genuine hot rod guy with some great cars/projects, he is obviously a big supporter of this website and wants to show it. I,m a little more laid back with my possessions these days, he will get his shift knob,and I hope he sees value in keeping coming here , to me that's what this sight is about wether it be you come here to get information or parts or common ground. It provides a service, and a very good one, Johnny

Bulletnose26, 117harv and 530sandman like this.
  29. Where did you find the bushing? All I've found are with knobs. Need 5/16-18.

30. Found it on Ebay.