Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest 50 years of "Playing ON the Freeway"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SanDiegoHighwayman, Feb 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrspeedyt

mrspeedyt

The liability would be enough to leave it for the cops and the tow trucks.
    as to your accident there on the old 395 off the five... i can easily understand that happening. I've driven over 3,000,000 miles. believe me... that kind of crap can happen

2. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

Likely you'd be RIGHT Buddy -- the wirin's a maze,:( puzzle,:rolleyes: hydra,:eek: Meduza, :confused:snake's den -- but all the "necessarys" was workin prior to her "death"

here's TO a wonderfull fella who's vowed to fix her :cool:

3. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

-- I went UP to Vista to visit Beulah @ the facility where she's being "resurrected" -- on the way UP I got to help a littl gal who was OOG in the CD

and a coupla fellas who had a FT on the RS --

BOTH of these situations required that I "go around" and come back to assist as I was pullin my trailer to bring unused parts of Beulah [ doors, tailgate, and several radiators bACK for storage here instead of takin up space in Rick's way :) [ can't make sudden manuvers W the trailer that I might w-out it ;)

anyways

a fun day -- and Beulah's headin TO the paint shop :)

4. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

5. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

Painting.jpg Painting 2.jpg Front(1).JPG Driver side.JPG Passanger side.JPG Rear.JPG front.JPG Beulah is WHITE aGIN!

Painted toDAY -- Memorial Day!

tryin to figure how to git the pics up Rick sent to me just now -- befORE -- pass side.JPG

Last edited: May 25, 2015
    Saxman likes this.
  6. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  7. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

Yesterday --

EVENTfull day on the highways toDAY -- a crash ON the bridge,

a crash in the park,

AND - -a crash RIGHT where Beulah was killed in 2011!!!

one young fella low on tranny fluid and, right in front of him, a littl gal low on coolant -- gottum both underway :)

BEST thing -- NO one hurt in ANY ofem!

LOTSA damage tho

and the bridge was tied up w traffic for QUITE some time -- killed some time sittin, havin a rootbeer float downtown Coronado chattin w folks -- met some NICE folks made some NEW friends :)

Then, on leavin, sittin @ the intersection of Orange and the street that becomes the bridge entry point, some idiot in a white BMW SUV put his front bumper right UP to my rear LR as he attempted to change lanes INto behind me -- he sat there as I asked him to maintain a greater distance [ "this is NOT a dogpark" ] and when we moved forward, he AGIN placed his "nose" nearly aGAINST my rear -- i then TOLD him to " KEEP A DISTANCE!" -- at the bridge approach, he nearly collided with me in attempting to PASS me as the left lane he was in ran out - that GOT me MAD so I YELLED at the STUPID IDIOT!!!

I think his passenger might have had something to SAY to him ;) as, when we were crossing the bridge, he seemed to have calmed down [ you kin see him passing by on my right as we near the San Diego side of the bridge ]

I NEED 360 degree cam coverage as none of what went on behind & beSIDE me is captured -- WORKIN on *that* ;)

vids of today's doins are downloadin and will be posted by tomorrow

8. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

Saxman likes this.
  9. Lookin GOOD my friend.Bruce.

10. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

Thankee pardner

one does what one can, and, sometimes its POWERFULL :)

*this* is an AMAZIN example
    http://www.godvine.com/read/Only-1-...ok&utm_medium=fbpage&utm_campaign=gvtstupdate

and *this* is onea mine one just never knows -- how a ROAK will affect anuther :)

06/08/2013
    I just wanted to let everyone how blessed I felt that hot morning that I ran out of gas on the 163 north. I had to go to court that morning my sons father was evicting me from the home, I had been on disability for 3 months from my job with a back injury but hadn't received a check, I had no money but couldn't miss court downtown. So I just tried to make it from chula vista. I made it there but on the way back was a different story. I was stuck on the side of the freeway no phone, no water very hot no money! I didn't know what to do. I just thought I would sit there forever. I really felt hopeless. Then I looked in my rearview mirror and saw ghostbusters! I thought I was seeing things. Then there was a man at the passenger door asking if he could help. I told him I was out of gas and he said that's no problem I can help you and before I knew it he was back with gas I was overwhelmed I gave him a big hug and he said that was worth it. He gave me his cards jumped in his car and was on his way. I got in my car in tears overcome by his kindness on this horrible day. I looked at his card and couldn't believe it since then I have told everyone I meet about the highway man some know of him. Others can't believe he exists. To you mr. Highway man I say this : not too long after I was running errands , I passed by several timesduring the day and noticed an old car with its hood up in the parking lot, after the third time I pulled in and approached the car. A young man shaved head covered in tatoos kinda scruffy looking was under the hood. I inquired about his troubles he said he had been there all day he needed a part he had to wait for his friend to get off work to get a ride to the parts store. Being a woman alone my options in helping him were limited. I opened my wallet took out a twenty and your card and gave them to the man, I told him I can't help much but maybe this will help he wanted my address to send the money back but I just waved wished him good luck and went on my way! Love ya highway man!

Last edited: May 29, 2015
    Saxman likes this.
  11. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

12. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

More good coverage , well deserved , Tom. Can't wait to see the big bacon-eatin' grin on your face when Beulah comes home.
    One question though - who was mindin' the highway while you were at the show ?? Just kidding of course , even God took a day off ...

SanDiegoHighwayman likes this.
  13. Looking great!!!! God bless the highway man.:D

14. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

San Diego HighwaymanSan Diego Highwayman
    Yesterday at 7:59pm · Edited ·

A specially GREAT day today!

7 assists
    3 OOG
    I FT & 3 odd incidents --

...See More
    [​IMG]
    littl gal w RF FT sB 163 on the RS

YOUTUBE.COM
    "}" data-reactid=".3" style="color: rgb(109, 132, 180); cursor: pointer; font-family: helvetica, arial, 'lucida grande', sans-serif;">Like · Comment · Share

15. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

16. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

http://www.coronadoclarion.net/premier-iss…/the-highway-man/

Just got an e-mail update from the man who's bringin my "Beulah" back from the dead -- she MAY be "ON THE ROAD AGIN" by August!

that comes about, it'll have been 4 years since she was killed on the transistion from I-5 NB to SR 163 NB downtown --

I'm exCITED!

To hear our "travelin theme song" click on the audio bar at the bottom of *this* site's video photo display

"Born To Be Wild"!

:)

Thankee kindly Allen!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
  17. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
  18. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

19. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

20. She is really looking good.I am just glad you held on to her after the wreck and didn't junk it.Bruce.

Peanut 1959 likes this.
  21. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

I have faith Bruce thankee - gits dimmed sometimes -- but I never gave up on her believin she'd be brought back to life -- someday --
    That she IS, in time to be WITH me in finishin up my 50 year career of helpin others -- is aMAZIN
    just couldn't DO it myself it was beyond my capabilities:( --

THANKS to those MANY members here who contributed, supported, and cheered my "mission" -- I've been able to "keep on keepin on" [ it's not easy finanacially ]

and ESPEACIALY -- thankee to several individuals here, and others elsewhere, who went ABOVE and BEYOND in their contributions of time and expertise to keep me On the Road in the meantime, and help make this happen.:cool:

latest info from the angel who'se responsible for Beulah's "REbirth" is that she will be HOME beFORE the Forth of July! :D

To those [ very few ] who had negative things to say, and cast innuendos bout meo_O

I will ONLY say *this* 16573_629536990399593_27166758_n.jpg

I forgive you

55 Ford Gasser likes this.
  22. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

*THIS* is AMAZING! the 163 thru Balboa park USED to be a body of WATER!

http://video.kpbs.org/video/2365356776/

HOLY COW!

I've done SO many road rescues at or near this landmark bridge --

around and ABOUT San Diego :)

23. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Highwayman,
    She looks downright beautiful. Can't wait to see her done.

25. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

You Bet Bruce! :D

she likely won't be "operational" fer a while as I'll haveta REoutfit her w gear and of course she'll haveta have some "shakedown" cruise time to git the feel of her and learn any idiocyrincies [sp] she might have from all the work that was done --

She'll be lighter then she was before, as many things I'd carried for years -- spare parts and such -- I won't be carryin any more - -I no longer "fix" breakdowns beside the road

It's give em gas, water, change tires [ & maybe provide some ] various other "keep em safe" adventures

Usta be, I'd FIX em --

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20137782,00.html

I.T.O.F.T.S. now

26. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

Thx Ryan, AND fellas!

Just now got an e-mail from Rick M

Beulah is coming HOME ---- THIS Friday!

Pics will come when she arrives "at the Ranch"

July 4th 08 006.jpg 4th of July 2008

wrecked 022.jpg August 2011

pass side.JPG leadin UP to memorial Day 2015

0611151656.jpg
    AFter Memorial day!

coming SOON to the "Highwayman's Roost" "Goose Creek Ranch"

A brought BACK from the DEAD!! ------------ BEULAH

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  27. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Glad to see the thread is back open. The HAMB certainly needs a dose of your spirit once in a while. At least you're using an old car for your life's mission , and it's an honorable one. Some people could learn a lot from that.

Keep the updates coming.

28. Looking Gooooooooood! :)

29. I'm also glad Ryan opened this tread back up...seldom do we read of folk "good" deeds...
    Looking good there Thomas !!!

30. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

Beulah is coming HOME this weekend!!

Friday or Saturday unsure which just now o_O I told Rick to make it his best time :)

Sooo here's TO Rick and the HUGE undertakin he expended on my behalf! :cool:

today's "ride" was bittersweet - helped a number of folks, but Shela got sick in the car -- TWICE:eek: -- hopefully, it's jist the heat and *lack* of excercise as I've been tied up past 3 days fixin my back yard fence so we hadn't been out to "play" "She" gits antsy when we don't git to "play" :rolleyes: as do I --

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.