Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods My Project....1938 Fiat Topolino.....Lil Beast...........

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Topolino Kid, Jan 30, 2010.

1. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

Happy new year to one mean little mouse, and you to Mark.:D

2. Happy New Year to you too Bob!!!!now back away from the bottle if bubbly and get back out in the shop. .this should be your year to take a cruise, with video, around the block....and don't want to hear you're waiting till its painted:cool: lo

3. Happy new year Topo kid! All the best to you, your family and the Lil Beast in 2015! Mikey.

4. Thanks and Happy New Year to you too!!! Hopeful for all to have a good year inn '15...covering at the truck stop shop tonite..going to close early, generally at 11, but think getting out before 10... totally dead nite!!! 30 minute ride down I-75 too the momma and the 6 boxer pups, n Lil Beast..home by10:15 me thinks!!!!

5. All the best for 2015 Mark, we are in the new year now and all is good. Hope you and family get out and enjoy lil Beast in the new year. Be safe. JW :D

6. Robbie Horn

Robbie Horn
    from Axtell

I don't know if you remember me. My wife & I met you at the Deroiter truck stop. We were truck divers from Texas. I see you got the Lil Beast running and might be coming to Texas. We are friends with you on Facebook and if you come to Texas let us know. We are very close to Waco and would like to meet again & visit with you.

7. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mark, hope everything is ok. Just caught up, one great hot rod there, brother!

8. CAM00617.jpg CAM00618.jpg

Been super busy at work...the big rigs don't favor this sub zero weather...been working on interior tin...lots of trimming on the pieces around the doors and to the rear....cut and tacked in peices tying the seat tin into the door frame and the factory wheel well hump..trying to get ton finished so i can seal and insulate the interior....Brer, been awhile since I've worked on Lil Beast...Rob, i remember you guys well....be lucky if i can make it as far as Texas by fall this year...been looking at maybe buying a new home with some land out inn the country...hopefully its a busy year this spring summer. ...

9. Cool to see you back on Lil Beast and great to here things are going well in general.:D:DJW

10. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

Good to see you here again. Really like the pictures of your progress and the tin work looks great.

11. Mark. I know what you mean, I work on the big rigs to, (hate it) . Glad to see you back on the lil beast. Hope the house thing works out for you. Mikey.

12. Well I'll tell ya. ..sure did get a ton of flash after getting caught in that storm last fall...a lil more grinding and a lil more welding And I'll be ready to coat the interior tin...then i gotta figure out what's the best heat and sound material to buy...

volvobrynk likes this.
  13. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

The cheapest pic'n'peel from Home Depot, double up on the layers, and be happy with it.

Almost every thread on Chevy AD say so. And that many Chevy owner can't be wrong!
    And if it works on a Chevy, it's bound to work on a Fiat topo.

I got a personal favorite, zinck primer, under body coating(bed coating) two layers of tractor paint or industrial enamel, and bitumen/tectyl spray on top.

But that is what I prefer to run!

14. Sounds like a good setup...but
    I read a good while back that there was a Hamb member selling rolled material. Was said to be a damn good product and very reasonable.. I'm just trying to stay away from spray on material..other than something to seal the tin....

15. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

I only use the spray able body for the outside, and sounddeathning for the inside.

I don't know of a HAMB vendor selling it.

But let this be a BTT for those who know!

16. Went to Cobo today with ol Bob..looked at some of the tops on the T buckets....we agreed the brown top on the T down inn front of the Singlefinger display ifs what ol Bob would like to have....

We then dropped over At the Singlefinger garage and got to see Larry and Martin..always good to see old friends....looking forward to spring and having Lil Beast a bit more ready for traveling the highways n byways and visit friends more then once a year...looking forward to this year's events...then headed home to the garage and did a bit more tin welding CAM00650.jpg

davo461, Robbie Horn and volvobrynk like this.
  17. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

Been a few months and I am having serious Lil' Beast withdraw!!!!! Hope your doing o.k. Mark.

OahuEli likes this.
  18. davo461

davo461

Good to see 'Lil Beast' getting back on track again.
    I haven't looked for a while.
    Davo

19. Bob, just been busy...this is lady weekend pin the way back from the Detriot Dtagway Reunion...it was held art Milan Dtagway near here..Don "The Snake" Prudhomme Was there..Along The Mongoose, Walt of Walt's Puffer topolino fame signing autographs..we never went to see them do to the crowd..as
    we're pulling off the pits to
    leave, i get stop to let a couple of
    racers go by towards
    staging...when
    i suddenly here a voice...."Cool car, man"...ilook to my left and realise it's"The Snake"....walking over to scope out Lul Beast...I'm in shock!!!with a big ass grin on his face he starts telling me how much he's diggin Lil Beast...i stick my hand out the window and Ask Him to shake my hand.. like some kid meeting his hero...i tell him i never dreamed o
    I ld ever be at a small race track And have Don Prudhomme walk And tell me he's diggin my fiat!!!He asks what hemi I'm ruining, checks out my3 pedals and the custom shifter tell him it's a WC T-5 trans, 58 big olds housing with the Henry's axel s...then he asks if it's street legal..i tell him yeah, says its way too cool!!!

I'm star struck...Ol Bob's round the bend waiting...i say bye...and thanks great to meet ya..n pull out..get down the road and realise they was shoving autographs all day...AND I BLEW IT BY NOT ASKING HIM TO SIGN MY DASH!!!!!!SOMEONE NEEDS TO KICK MY ASS!!!!!i was so blown away by all my mind was like asbc revving 10,000 rpms...n thru a rod!!! Just total brian lock up.....stittng here i still can't believe it... CAM00743-1.jpg

20. That and the fact the garage got a lil fuller the first weekend of may....getting tight room wise to duo Anything...tinge to key the 944 go i believe

CAM00721-1.jpg

Robbie Horn likes this.
  21. Very cool Mark and having Don sign your dash would have been fantastic!!!:cool::cool::D JW

22. JW, i can't quit kickin myself in the ass over it..been different if he was judging cars or something...but tree wary out went down wad just over the top cool!!! Totally taken by surprise....

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  23. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

24. I bet your face was sore from smiling. As a musician I got to meet Elvis' drummer and he signed a pair of my drum sticks, it makes it much cooler when its on something that's yours. :D JW

25. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

Man, what a great thing to have happen to you. That is probably one of the coolest compliments for you. A guy the likes of Prudhomme who has had or driven some the coolest cars ever built, to notice the Beast and take the time to find out more about it is awesome. Congrats!!!! Even though he didn't sign the dash you will have that memory forever.
    When I first bought my Fiat I was searching for a place to buy body parts. I seen in a snap -on tool magazine article about Jay Leno's Fiat Topolino. So I figured he would know where to get parts. I contacted Snap-on and ask them to pass my contact info to Leno's Garage so someone could possibly forward the info to me.
    About three weeks later my phone rings and the guy asks for me, and he says this is Jay Leno. I replied no way ( I thought it was my brother busting my ass because I told him I was trying to contact Leno) After a little back and forth I came to realize it was Jay. Anyway we talked for awhile and he gave me the info I was looking for. He also called back two more times over the following week to make sure I found the parts I need. Car guys are really cool. Jay didn't know me from anywhere and to take the time was really nice of him.
    Great story Mark, Topolino's bring out the best in everyone.

loudbang likes this.
  26. Kenneth S

Kenneth S

That's awesome!!

27. WOW!!! Hey , you did shake his hand! Bet you will never forget that! Nice to see you back around here.

28. Yes i did shake Don's hand...right thru the drivers window!!! He just walked right over and started talking about the Fiat....

I've worked hard all my 59 years with my hands...was not surprised by how un-callous his hand is..still wish the he'll ild had my wits to have had him sign the dash...would have been cool to see what he would have written

loudbang likes this.
  29. Rode in the backroads to the Monroe county fairgrounds...local ford dealer sponsored annual show....with ol Bob n The Wee Tee...nice ride, nice show. .although it had much bigger draw when they held it in town...

Attached Files:

kiwijeff and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  30. Two cool pics of two cool cars and it appears you have lost another headlight lens. JW