Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2015 BACK TO THE 50's, ST. PAUL, MINNESOTA JUNE 19, 20, 21

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Speed~On, May 14, 2015.

1. rickl

rickl

I hope to be there in my 46 Binder. I got it started for the first time since the 70s last Sunday. I got the timing set and idles. Radiator leaks, alternator squeals (not sure if it is charging), fuel line/tank blocked, no lights, gauges are not working, need a drive shaft, and a couple of other minor things to button up.

I've been going for many years but I'm hoping to bring my truck instead of bumming a ride.

2. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

With 2 weeks to get it done, sounds like you have a shot.

3. I will be there again for about my 16th time. It's a don't miss event for me. I am bringing 3 friends along for the trip. I started going when I lived in La Crescent, MN. I moved to Overland Park, KS in 2002 and have only missed a couple of times. My Vicky is not going to make the trip till next year. I hope to make some local events in the KC area later this year. Too many parts to add to the build to drive it to Back to the 50's this year.

4. I've gone every year since 91, missed last year do to a tick borne infection, this year I'm having some health issues, so my wife tells me if I can't go she will go alone and look for my replacement. Guess I'd better be there!

bobwop and russellmn like this.
  5. titus

titus

putting together a nailhead power 27 T roadster for a customer that should be done for BTTF's

6. Driver's side done as of this morning! Today was 'paint first, then coffee'.......No cottonwood tree crap was floating around, after last night's storm. One more fender to go - how much time do I have left?:p

Slap up some photo's of your cars - so I know what to look for / pack an extra beer in your cooler for me.:D
    image.jpg

1927graham likes this.
  7. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

plumbid likes this.
  8. Speed~On

Speed~On

10 days to wrench on your ride. The 50's is fast approaching....

Get after it
    [​IMG]

elgringo71 and plumbid like this.
  9. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

Funny how all of a sudden I'm finding away to get out in the shop at night. Perhaps the concept of a imposed deadline really does help.

plumbid and guthriesmith like this.
  10. wicarnut

wicarnut

Will be there w/ my 32, stop and say hello !

Speed~On and plumbid like this.
  11. hallrods

hallrods

Three generations going........
    My dad in his car.
    Me in my dads first car which is mine now.
    My son in my car.

Speed~On, bobwop and plumbid like this.
  12. titus

titus

13. ahshoe

ahshoe

Not a bigger or better show around. You can't see it all in three days!!!. I will be there this year with my '32 coupe.Took the'60 Ranchero the past two years and before that my '49 Ford chopped coupe. Haven't missed a one since 1998. It is a MUST SEE event for sure!

Speed~On likes this.
  14. 34toddster

34toddster
    from Missouri

I'm going to be shopping for some of them new mag wheels and tires, does anyone know of any vendors that provide such an item as that at the show?

plumbid likes this.
  15. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Hoping the weather holds out. Invariably I get wet driving a hour each way to attend with a topless car but it's worth it.

16. 34toddster

34toddster
    from Missouri

Thanks Plumbid That is quite a list!

17. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I will be at my favorite show and parked near the big show barn...close to the Auction area. Hanging with my pal from Blue Earth, MN and his gorgeous brood. Will be rolling in the 51 Ford Biz Coupe. It will be for sale.

Attached Files:

18. brjnelson

brjnelson

Scott & Vicky ?

bobwop likes this.
  19. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

Scott, Vicky and the GIRLS!

20. sooz9.jpg I wish I could be there but have other commitments. I do have two friends who will be attending:My very old friend Dick & Susan Lindkvist will be driving their coupe(see picture) out from Auburn Maine(license plate says NO KID) This car has well over 100,000 miles on it . Another good friend;who for some reason I don't have a picture of his truck is driving out from Michigan. Rod Calvin has a black(with purple ghost flames)chopped 41 Ford pickup with about a gazillion miles on it. If you happen to see them stop by and say hello.

bobwop likes this.
  21. ahshoe

ahshoe

Can't wait! Thanks for the vendor list plumbid. I am needing a lot of parts for my '51. Here is a pic of what I'll have up there.

Attached Files:

bobwop likes this.
  22. BLUECOLLARKUSTOMS

BLUECOLLARKUSTOMS

Best show around, can't wait. Good friends, cool cars and a few cold ones, what more do ya need...oh, and the swapmeet. Don't forget the swapmeet... Scott

23. scoop

scoop

Granddaughter will be with too.Watch out!

24. titus

titus

got my customers car done. hoping to work on my 34 or 36 coupe. downsized_0616152047.jpg

25. Got mine out of the garage today, put a few shakedown miles on then gave her a good scrub to get last years bugs off. Should be there by noon Friday.

26. Wired the headlights last night. Hit the gas station tonight - first time ever for me with this car. Blasted down the freeway at 65+ mph - fastest this car has ever traveled under it's own power in it's 85 year history. We're ready.:cool:
    image.jpg

27. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Hi Chuck,

Looks great Man !

You might want to recheck the headlights ....... :D

You coming down to Desmoines to Goodguys ?

28. Speed~On

Speed~On

Great to see everyone is ready for the 50's. plumbid, the A-Gasser looks awesome. I'll look for it on Friday. Today I detailed my Model A. We are going to the host hotel for registration pick-up tomorrow. I will take some photos and post them if I have time. We plan on heading to the Minnetonka Drive-In, in the evening with our hot rods for their cruise-in. I know several HAMBers and Back To The 50's participants will be there.

The Minnetonka Drive-in has a cruise-in every Thursday evening. With this being Back To The 50's weekend it should be a great time. This is a 50's style drive-in with working drive up style order stands. Head over Thursday evening if you're looking for some pre-BTT50's fun!

Minnetonka Drive-In
    4658 Shoreline Dr
    Spring Park, MN 55384
    [​IMG]

If you know of other cruise-ins on Thursday, feel free to post. The area around the fairgrounds is absolutely crawling with cars Thursday night.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  29. rickl

rickl

I got one side of the exhaust done. MC crapped out today. Still need lights.

Attached Files: