Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB Drags 2015

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by josephthreedogs, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Man I would love to but that would require me to drive 300 miles past Joplin. Not that I doubt the big Caddy would do it, the clock just says no it can't happen. I was gonna drop off in Wichita and drive in for a shot at the Yayhoo cup but if you're bringing the Chicken Coop this year I can't push the throttle far enough to get past you.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  2. RDP

RDP
    from Kansas

So.... The HAMB Drags are the 22nd?

3. Yes.

4. daschaefer

daschaefer

Im REGISTERED!!!!
    But don't be ridiculous Kenny.... its about time that your real-street-worthy hotrod gets the credit it deserves! You drive that 472 Caddy thousands of miles a year on 87 0ctane and have run low-mid eleven's consistently the last three years. Everyone understands that you can't fit your wife, three kids and all the vacation luggage in that model-A but Im sure if you unload and drive it a few hundred miles out you will prove that you have one of the most drivable cars competing for a spot on that Yayhoo Cup.
    As for me,,,, I don't really care if a faster car shows up this year... I just want to survive the 867 mile trip there, run a clean pass, and drive it home........ unless you're willing to tow me back to florida-hahaha

Countn'Carbs likes this.
  5. How about some response of who may be contending for the Yayhoo Cup. Would be cool to have info on your car and where you're driving from. Don't give past ET's as that will be revealed at the track.

6. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

I would but I only live three miles away lmao but I would drive three hundred miles away just to have a chance at it and have drive further for way less lol

7. raven

raven

Oh I'll be there for this year's Yahoo Cup contention, ready for bear.
    r

8. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

I'm in as a Yayhoo Cup contender again this year.... gotta try, right!?
    Driving from Omaha, NE.
    '28 Model A Roadster
    347 small block Ford, 5-speed, 4.11 geared 9 inch.

[​IMG]

Countn'Carbs likes this.
  9. Countn'Carbs

Countn'Carbs
    from CO

Love it!!! A quick car just got quicker fellas.

10. Guess I should post since there's a big chance I'll be contending. Coming from Colorado Springs, CO but driving the car from Wichita, KS.
    Car: '29 Tudor Sedan
    Engine: 472 Cadillac
    Rear: Dodge 8¾ with 3.23 gears

Attached Files:

KCsledz likes this.
  11. silverdome

silverdome

Hey, where's all the "trash talk"? I haven't read anything about an "Ass Waxing" or "that Yahoo cup's mine". C'mon people B's'n is half the fun. I'd start some but I'm not entering anything this year but I will be rooting for my brother in his '33 Plymouth all stock (except tranny) 5 window rumble seat coupe with wooden wheels. He may not win a race but he'll be smiling every time.

Malcolm likes this.
  12. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

My brother and I will have our yearly match race. As best I can figure we have been racing each other for about 60 years. We started by pushing cars across the living room floor. We then moved on through bicycles, home made coaster cars, and most anything that had wheels. I am pretty sure that I have won more races than he has, but he does not give up. He slipped by me at least once at MOKAN. He had a plan for this year that included a new Cadillac engine for his truck but he ran out of time. Next year he says my luck will run out.

John

13. Well if my tow rig doesn't get out of the shop by next week I just may be driving the Sedan all the way. I got no worries. This car has gone thousands of miles and hasn't failed me yet.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  14. primer31

primer31
    from Aurora, CO

I'll be bringing this again this year. Like racer29, I'll be unloading it and driving it the requisite miles for the Yay Hoo Cup. I just drove it to Salina and back a couple of weeks ago so I'm not worried about roadworthyness. I'm sure it won't be the fastest but it'll be fun.

Attached Files:

Countn'Carbs and Malcolm like this.
  15. Go Colorado!

16. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

It's getting close boys and girls. The weather Thursday and Friday is looking good. I'll be spending the day Friday at the Spingfield swapmeet on my way through. If I can't beat my brother at least I can consume some of his cold adult beverages Friday night. I believe there's a change of thunderstorms on Saturday. Hope everyone has a safe trip. Sam