Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hot Rod Reunion Bowling Green 2015 (Who is going)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by enloe, May 10, 2015.

1. Puddin Head

Puddin Head
    from Mason, Oh

Last year I was coming down Louie B Nunn from the Somerset area and it rained like all get out. Just before I got to BG it stopped. A couple of drizzles, but racing all day long. Whether men don't know squat in my opinion. Rain never stopped at party.

2. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

to get a good weather report, go outside, flip a coin,pick 1. about a 50/50 shot of getting it right!!

enloe likes this.
  3. Gman0046

Gman0046

Enloe, please fill us in on camping at Beech Bend. Are there designated sites? Grills, picnic tables, toilets, showers? Can you enter the camp grounds just to check it out?

We're staying at a motel this year. Thinking about maybe camping next year my Grandson would love that.

BTW , I'd like to have your cell #.

Gary

4. bobkatrods

bobkatrods
    from aledo tx

I am in Texas and hanging tight, It is supposed to move across the area later today or night,,I don't want to drive 11 hours and have it rain for no racing,, Right now it is not looking good ,I need to cancel my room or fill up with fuel in the morning,,, Damn bummed about the weather... Any body close by seeing a more accurate forecast???

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  5. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

might be going in paulys 55----will call you enloe

6. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

There are designated sites but we don't stay in one. We camp far enough from the designated sies that when we are ready to sleep it is pretty peaceful. There are a few bathhouses with showers. There are picnic tables but no grill. We bring our own small charcoal grill. If you want to check out campground we will go over and you can check it out.

Look forward to it.

7. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

And to all you guys either on the road headed there or already there don't take this the wrong way but "YOU SUCK"

8. D-man313

D-man313

It's just a little water. Your cars won't melt! Leaving in the morning!

9. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I remembered giving you the YOU SUCK last year it is good to know I am not having to give you one this year.

10. Left monday. Went to cooling components in memphis. My fan motor went out. I was going to memphis any way. What are the chances of that. No shipping charges. The guys at fast efi made the updates on my ecu and set up the traction control. Leaving memphis in another hour. Then on the road to bg.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  11. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

12. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Just finished the travel plans will be leaving 7AM Thursday taking the scenic route about a four hour drive can't wait! Just installed new wiper blades to ward off the rain we will be dry for sure now! Phone number would be nice! But a credit card number would be excellent enloe! HA HA

enloe likes this.
  13. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I am leaving work and It is time to start loading the wagon:)

14. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

New tires to be installed tomorrow afternoon then pack and ready to go! Hope everyone has a SAFE, FUN trip!

15. Gman0046

Gman0046

bobkatrods, know where your coming from about driving 11 hours for something that may not take place and don't blame you one bit.
    Now the good news: watched a weather forecast regarding storm Bill and this forecaster said its very possible the storm could track further north over Indiana and Ohio not into Kentucky. Sure hope he's right. A friend of mine said he called several hotels in Bowling Green and had trouble getting a room. Guess not many people bailing just yet.
    I'm only 1 1/2 hours away and no plans to bail. Besides we're still two days out and a lot can change between now and then.

Gary

16. bobkatrods

bobkatrods
    from aledo tx

Thanks Gary,, I have not cancelled hotel yet,,,Was going to leave in the am,,,going to watch the weather and can always leave later in the day,,Just like they have been saying all day we were going to get hammered with 4 inches of rain as of now it looks like it is going to pour any minute bern like that all day but nothing as of yet,,,I sure hate to miss it......

17. Gman0046

Gman0046

bokatrods, saw they are predicting Dallas getting big time rain tomorrow.

BTW, we used to live in Grapevine.

Gary

18. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

bobkatrods if I was you I would get out of there and head to lets say Kentucky :)
    I just finished loading the wagon except for our bags

19. D-man313

D-man313

I remember getting the you suck! It did feel good to take the whole week off last year b

20. bmita

bmita

leaving thursday morning early in this 10425421_10102531472840145_7541889173208011146_n.jpg

charleyw likes this.
  21. Champscotty58

Champscotty58

We'll be headed down on Thursday and camping at the park.
    <<< In this.

22. D-man313

D-man313

Are you pushing this year bmita?

23. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

killer truck
    awesome wagon

24. bobkatrods

bobkatrods
    from aledo tx

Dont know how long ago you left Grapevine but it is grown like hell..Yep talking about heavy rain , possible tornado and some hail up along the way I would go,,,Gonna make the call about noon tomorrow may even leave the 57 truck in the garage and jump in the OT truck instead... Y"all have a great time if I miss it

25. bobkatrods

bobkatrods
    from aledo tx

Have a great trip and stay safe,,,,If I make it you should be easy to spot with your Kiddos Mohawk

26. jaco

jaco

This the best weekend of the year Camping, racing and show what else do you need? This is my fourth year going and I try not to miss it. Unfortunately I just sold my 48 Chrysler and will be coming down in my truck with my little camper. I am at work till 4:30AM and have the camper with me so I will be leaving straight from work. My friend is coming down Thru. in his 57 Chevy truck so if you see it or my camper stop and say hello.
    If you see me stop by.
    [​IMG]
    my friends 57
    [​IMG]

27. bmita

bmita

hope too, my buddy is not making the trip with his F.E.D. so i will have to check in with steve to see if he has somebody i can push.

28. D-man313

D-man313

I'll keep an eye out for your truck.

29. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

UP,UP, Your going up..........sheese...................

30. D-man313

D-man313

On our way down! Left about 8 this morning. 3 of us cars going down.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1434552258.046944.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1434552289.654204.jpg