Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage What are YOU doing to get ready for the 2015 Meltdown Drags?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

at Union Grove?

2. yes, several of us will be there on Saturday the 6th. Looks like the weather will cooperate. Will you be heading there?

bigslim55 and beebee78 like this.
  3. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The weather forecast does look good through Saturday; I'll Be there. I'll forward to seeing you make a pass.

4. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

image.jpg The Grape is back! Ready for some test and tune, every thing seems to be working just fine!! (For now) ;)

5. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Holy Shit
    looking good

beebee78 likes this.
  6. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

Looks great Art! Can't wait to see it in person.

beebee78 likes this.
  7. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

Looks a lot better under the hood, lmao

powrshftr and 30dodgeboy like this.
  8. bigslim55

bigslim55

Worked on 55' tonight, cleaned engine bay up & tried some carnuhba wax, I think that's how it's spelled?!? LOL... Also mounted tires & rims on her... I think it looks better than I thought it would... When I first set it on their I was like I don't know?!? Also I'm not sure how I'm going to get other carb return springs to mount up? It appears the linkages between 2 carbs will touch the coils of return spring... I have 2 springs on other carb & 1 on bell crank. I may need AJ engineering for help on what I can possibly do? Other than that I went a tad too far on clutch adjustment, get that adjusted back a touch wipe down the inside & vacuum it up & should be ready to at least show... ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1433468302.249654.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1433468338.949504.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1433468362.791189.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1433468457.293435.jpg

9. cs39ford

cs39ford

Now that's one fine looking gasser. Great job

10. bigslim55

bigslim55

Thanks cs39ford...! I also forgot to fill radiator with water, damn I'm never done! LOL...!
    Jimbo...

11. I was busy making some hot water with my 331 in the driveway tonight while making final adjustments... ;)

bigslim55, beebee78 and 9sectruck like this.
  12. bigslim55

bigslim55

Looks like AJ is chomping at the bit to give her a stress test Saturday...! Sounds like it's working good & be cool to see make a few passes & get some seat time with her...!
    Jimbo...

30dodgeboy likes this.
  13. Oh yeah!
    11109251_903655333005940_1610338390095638891_n.jpg

INLAW MODEL A likes this.
  14. Saxxon

Saxxon

Yah - no Sh*t...
    It appears both the Scout and Prefect will be good to go for the Man Gas event next week. I'm still hoping for some good results so we can put on a show there as well as Meltdown. After 2 less than stellar passes with the Prefect - to see it sing to 7000 rpm and haze the tires the way it should on the burnout gave me that silly little grin that lies somewhere between "all is good in the world" - and - "evil intent". I truly believe there is a mid 9 second pass in the ugly beast.

Of course the ulterior motive with the Scout is get closer to the 10.50 index for the gasser shoot out at Meltdown. That means I need to run 10.35/40 locally. I'm still convinced the invitation to come back and run with the Great Lakes Gassers came from the competition

15. Man so much good stuff going on! Cars are looking good! Got my Metldown entry today #562 woohoo!

IMG_1242.JPG

16. Saxxon

Saxxon

Wow 562... Late to the party but hey - you're at the party
    Looking forward to seeing you zap the ol boat anchor to 9000 rpm !! (again... lol)

17. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Bigslim you can just put a spring inside the other to make a two return springs.

18. Yeah my entry was on the waiting list to see if it would get built in time LOL. Didn't know who they was messin with when it comes to banging out stuff quick and dirty ;) As for zinging 9K again - as long as its in gear man! As long as its in gear :(

30dodgeboy and II FUNNY like this.
  19. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

IF YOU ZING 9 GRAND WITHOUT IT IN GEAR
    YOU MAY NEED 9GRAND TO FIX IT :)

powrshftr and Dog_Patch like this.
  20. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

Welcome Tony...we can't wait for you to come this year.

I am the guy who manages the Meltdown entries and while we have cut off entries, we promised people on our project list that if they got the car done they would get in. Right now about 50% will have their cars done...we all know that life can get in the way.

beebee78, powrshftr and Dog_Patch like this.
  21. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

Scotty-

I have some more support at this year's Meltdown. The Famoso Mob is returning this year with not 1, but 2 dragsters. Stormy & Randy will be smoking the hides like crazy with both of these this year....

Nothing better than watching a match race between two 7 second rides!

famoso-speed-shop-one-bad-hombre.jpg Stormy_sAT_2011_TIM_071.jpg

22. powrshftr

powrshftr

Unless it's watching the long-awaited Match Race between the Okie Doker and the Lakeshore Shaker...!;)

Seriously though,those guys are going to be flat-out amazing to watch!The green car was a BIG crowd pleaser last year,so match racing it against the red car should really get the fans up on their feet!:)

Scott

23. Can't wait! Thanks for setting this up so you could hold me a spot! Can't imagine the paperwork mess that is o_O

24. Took the ol coupe to the track to stretch her legs. Didn't do to bad went 10.06 @139mph had the best ever 1.40 60' 3000rpm launch anyone that has seen me run it will understand what I'm talking about. We tried tied the front end down so it wouldn't bounce around since it doesn't have any shocks on the front seemed to help a lot. Plan to build a solid bar to put in place of the spring for the track. It was running pretty rich also gonna lean it out some so I can get the mph back up where it was in the cool weather all in all good day though

Attached Files:

25. Took the hairy hauler to the track but we could not get the trans to shift to 3rd gear. The governor kit worked but I went to far too the other end of the spectrum.

saltflats likes this.
  26. Ist run with aj riding along

Attached Files:

27. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

Was a geat day at the track put a few faces with names on here, ran the Grape got some tuning and work to do before the meltdown ....... Good to meet BigSlim55 and TicketyBoo great guys cool cars I'd say the Meltdown group definitely stole the Show!!

28. powrshftr

powrshftr

Got the roll bar completely fitted up and tacked,welding it out in the next couple of days:) ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1433755578.564457.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1433755604.199046.jpg

That's the Big Kahuna layin down some tacks

Scott

29. Wow! Awesome times there. What is that lever above your head? Parachute?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  30. Thanks Tony yea that's the chute handle. Haven't had to use it yet but maybe someday lol

Todd's Rod's likes this.