Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage It's JUNE anyone going to the LA Roadster Show and Swap Meet?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The37Kid, Jun 1, 2015.

1. inkstain27

inkstain27

I was lucky enough to get my family vacation planned around the roadster show this year so will be there on Saturday. We go to Southern California every other year. Always try to schedule it around a show or swap meet. Too bad I can't fit the RPU on the plane.

2. buikwag

buikwag
    1. Buick Nailheads

I'll be there on Saturday with my friends from the Over the Hill Gang San Bernardino.

3. I'll be there........in the big yellow panel truck (hauls more parts).

4. rawcjw19

rawcjw19

How big is the roadster show? We are taking a family vacation to LA/San fransisco and may be able to fit it in.

5. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

ACME will be there - set up in the swap meet.

6. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Did Sally give you a card & dash plaque from Jack's service?
    Jack came into LAR club a month after I joined in 1971.

7. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

8. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

HUGE

9. Special Ed

Special Ed

I'll be there, parked inside the grounds, trying to sell a Deuce roadster for a buddy of mine.

10. rawcjw19

rawcjw19

I think we can make it on Sunday about 12. Is 4 hrs going to be enough time to see it all?

11. The show yes, the swap, show and for sale cars not so much. But I would still go.

12. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

I wish ! Its on my bucket list.

13. deucemac

deucemac

Yes I have mine in a special place. I got to go to his memorial. Bittersweet, sad that we lost him BUT wonderful, wonderful stories that were heart warming and also funny enough to make you laugh and fall off your chair! If I have at least 10% of the friends when I go, I will have been a very lucky man indeed. Looking forward to seeing you at the LARS. If anybody is on the fence about going, get off on the side that says GO and have the time of your gearhead life!

14. in from friday to sunday

15. I will be there in either in the coupe or have a swap meet space selling stuff. Should be with ElPalcko most of the time

16. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Graham
    My plan is to drive my roadster to the Sheraton front parking lot maybe somewhere around 8 or 9am Friday morning followed by my brotherinlaw Jerry in my flamed black Chevy. step side. We'll probably hang around there for a while and kick some tires before Jerry and I drive onto the fairgrounds in the roadster. I'll call you either before I leave our hotel a couple miles away or when I get there. We'll probably not hang around the fairgrounds long Friday because we will take the truck to some of the other events around.
    Gary

17. The37Kid

The37Kid

What are the "Must see" events on Friday? Bob

18. Both Socal and Walden speed shops have open house pretty much around the corner from each other

19. We'll probably meet you out front Gary, we are planning on visiting the NHRA museum some time Friday

20. The37Kid

The37Kid

Our daughter won another GoPro camera after shooting a rescue last year. Just wondering if guys drive around the fairgrounds and allow people film the event. Bob

21. riversiderod

riversiderod
    from australia

anyone going from Winnipeg or near by i need a 32 taking to LA. PM me if you can help will help out with fuel

22. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

Flying into to vegas on Wednesday then driving to Pomona in the rental on Friday morning. Some day will drive the 40 out when work stops getting in the way.

23. Cris

Cris
    from Vermont

Hope to run in to you out there, Bob.

Cris

24. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

You guys parking at the Sheraton be very carful lots of cars disappear from there parking lot

25. yes you can film if you have camera, generally cars dont cruise the lot or the whole fairground, much less if you are not drving something vintage and have business in that area.
    there are about 4 -5 large sections- some changes were made in the last couple if years, so..
    old/vintage specialty car parking
    swap area
    nicer vintage car parking- easy to park here, looks like like a large empty lot.
    fancy shaded swap/vendor area- not sure if this was still there last year. now moved towards the NHRA museum
    then roadsters parking still mostly towards the Rose/plant pavillion. roadsters also on the side of Mexican village.
    then some of the fairground pavillions have vendors
    sporadic nice cars parked throughout.

Tran service from one side of the fairgrounds to the other.
    you can rent those mobile chairs
    apparently bicycles not welcome, but the lazy security will only tell you NOT to ride. Add a card to the spokes and call it a motorcycle, motorcycles allow to cruise around.

The rules of the swap are a bit different from the regular Pomona swap rules, thus bikes should be allow. We just dont ride where the really high dollar cars are or between car row, just the swap area.

best to find someone with a vintage car and get in that way, your car will be closeby and bring in an ice chest.

with 4hrs, you may see some classics and roadsters, by late sunday most all the swap is dead
    If you park by the dragstrip, Just take the tram to the pavillions and work your way back to the swaps.

26. LBH

LBH

Leaving the Atlantic Ocean at Virginia Beach, Virginia ........... Sunday morning 6/14/2015 for a bonzi 4 day run across the country in Dickie Burke's 1932 Ford three window .......... it will be its third trip .......... my first .......... HOLD ON !!

27. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

be sure to stop off for a visit at the Early Ford Store in San Dimas, very close to the Father's Day Show/Swap. well worth you time.

28. The37Kid

The37Kid

If I show up on Friday around noon, can I get into the swap meet? The LA Roadster website doesn't have an answer. Is the NHRA Museun open on Friday? Bob

29. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

I'll be there on the LimeWorks Speedshop Booth in Building 4 . I'm getting my Deuce Roadster ready , putting the top on & a Crestliner steering wheel & different caps on the 39 wheels for a change.This is THE not to miss event.

30. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, of course!---You can walk OR use rented "scooters"(electric). Our policy has always been "No cruising in cars"---For insurance reasons---A no brainer.--Safety first.