Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration TJR lifetime memberships

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mcmopar, Jun 3, 2015.

1. I was surprised to have got in on it…i got the email early on in the day and went for it straight away…with the price we have to pay from UK suppliers for the magazine…no book cause thats really what it is…the money exchange means we only need to get 3 years worth of them to get our money back…i think a lot are missing the point though…The Rodders Journal is 20 years old…I produce a UK magazine, not on the scale of Rodders Journal, but i know just how hard it is to do it…I have every edition of the Rodders Journal and every single one of them has been a good read and great quality…keeping that up for that amount of time is an awesome achievement so good luck to them…Anyone out there ask them what issue number the offer starts on?
    not sure on the timing of the original email but i'm thinking that the people over here in europe got a head start on folks over in the states as I'm seeing quite a few on facebook saying they got in on it

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  2. jack_pine

jack_pine
    from Motor City

I clicked on the link the instant I saw the email...put the lifetime sub in my shopping cart and an error kept popping that they could not ship to my address. Huh? Same address where my current TRJ is shipped to. Tried several times. Sent them an email. I knew the opportunity was slipping through my fingers.... oh well. Good on Steve for such a successful offering. I wish TRJ the best and I will certainly be a lifetime subscriber, just using the "manual" method.

3. millersgarage

millersgarage

I got the email, and jumped on it. Glad I didn't wait.

4. I'm in South Carolina and I got my E-mail at 6:01 AM so I don't think east coast guys got any preferential treatment. HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  5. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

I am a little pissed that I never got an E-Mail. I have been a subscriber of The Rodders Journal from day one and have every issue. Perhaps they should have offered the lifetime subscriptions to those of us who started from the beginning. That being said, I am wondering why the Rodders Journal needs a quick influx of cash. I have had three hod rod type magazine subscriptions canceld on me in recent years, so you can understand my point. I resubscribed to Rod and Custom just before they folded and when they folded gave me Hot Rod magazine. I now have about three years left of a Hot Rod Magazine subscription that I don't even read anymore. Sure they feature an occasional hot rod but Hot Rod Magazine is now a cross between Road and Track, Truck World, Muscle Car and other automotive mags that I never read.

6. TRJ

TRJ
    Alliance Vendor

We can’t tell you guys how much we appreciate your support and kind words. We figured this offer wouldn’t last long, but we had no idea it would sell out in hours. We know that as a result many people missed out, and we’re working on a way to rectify that. Stay tuned (we’ll post details here, on our email list, and on Facebook and Instagram).

Regarding any concerns about our future, TRJ isn’t going anywhere. We’re a small company in a tight-knit community of hot rodders who are as passionate about this stuff as we are. Although we consider ourselves very fortunate to do what we do, it’s not easy work, and we (like any independent publisher) absolutely rely on the support of readers and advertisers to continue bringing you the magazine. But in this case we’re just proud to hit our 20th anniversary, and we thought this was a cool way to mark that accomplishment in a big way.

Thanks again to all of you. —TRJ

Malcolm, WDobos, Santa32 and 5 others like this.
  7. redo32

redo32

HRP....DOH..Time zone....I'm still young enough to pull an all nighter, but I try not to. Even then, if I'm up at 6AM, I went to bed too early or I am going fishing or to a swap meet. In this electronic age we think information is instantaneous, but Mr 48 said he got an email the day before us and some like Woodie didn't get any. I just feel lucky that I got through on the land line.

If the East Coast guys were more aggressive the deals might have been all gone before I woke up.

8. Sutton Speed

Sutton Speed

Class act as always... Pretty stoked I was one of the lucky ones to catch the deal in time!

9. I signed up for a lifetime subscription, not a membership.

It's a quarterly publication, not a country club.

JH

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
    HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  10. Airborne34

Airborne34
    from Texas

Wow, totally missed this one and I've logged on every day this week.

11. twenty8tudor

twenty8tudor
    from Ohio

seen it on IG about 2 hrs after they posted it and called right away and missed it by 15-20mins.... called in to make sure and renewed for 2 years anways... they cant make them for free..

still kicking myself for not checking my email like it usually do.

12. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Proud to say I designed all of this for TRJ! Hope you all enjoy what's included with the Subscription.[​IMG]

13. Sutton Speed

Sutton Speed

Looks awesome JJ... Good work bud!

14. You are the man, J.J.:D

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  15. Thanks JJ! :D

I'm super stoked that I left my voicemail in time! I totally thought I missed out.

TRJ, you guys rock!!!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  16. modelamotorhead

modelamotorhead

Dang! missed it. I was havin' my gall bladder removed when they sold out. I feel great about the gall bladder, but really crappy about missin' out on a super deal. No biggie, I'll just keep on doing my 2 year renewals 'til I run out of parts, by then it won't matter much. Thanks TRJ for an such excellent product. Here's hoping for another 20 years or so.

17. WDobos

WDobos

I got one too,and they sold out very fast !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. rockfish

rockfish

I'm assuming you won't want your t-shirt, timing tag and decals that all say lifetime member then? Think of it as being a lifetime member of the lifetime subscription club if that helps.

19. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

Yes I can't wait to see the subscription package. Thanks for your great design work @JeffreyJames!

belair and lothiandon1940 like this.
  20. Mr 42

Mr 42
    from Sweden

I signed up for 300$ and that's four year subscription cost for me.
    So after four years I am ahead. And I am not worried its only money, and they make money everyday.
    But they haven't built flatheads since 53.

belair and lothiandon1940 like this.
  21. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Thanks guys for all the positive encouragement!

lothiandon1940 and belair like this.
  22. I've been a subscriber since the beginning and I am glad my timing was right as I was able to get in on this deal. Doesn't usually happen that way for me! :)

Malcolm and lothiandon1940 like this.
  23. TRJ

TRJ
    Alliance Vendor

Last week we were overwhelmed and humbled by the response to our 20th Anniversary Lifetime Subscription offer. We thought they would sell in a few days or a couple of weeks, but when the dust settled, they were gone in less than two hours. A number of you voiced your concern that the timing put the West Coast readers in particular at a disadvantage.

We hear you, and we understand. This Wednesday, we will offer 400 more Lifetime Subscriptions — priced at $200 ($300 international) — for a total of 900. There will be no more. We anticipate the demand will far outnumber the supply, and to keep things fair, we’re announcing this deal two days early. Three hundred subscriptions will be available on roddersjournal.com and 100 over the phone starting 8 a.m. on the West Coast. They’ll be available on a first come, first serve basis. However, when they’re gone, they’re gone for good. To receive your lifetime subscription, you must place your order online or speak with a sales associate. Leaving a message or sending an email will not reserve your spot. We’ll start taking calls at 8 a.m. West Coast time. Here are the details:

In addition to every future issue of The Rodder’s Journal, members will also receive:
    • Exclusive Lifetime Member t-shirt
    • Dry lakes-style timing tag with the Lifetime Member logo, stamped with your membership number
    • Lifetime Member decals identifying you as a dedicated supporter of TRJ
    • Signed and numbered Lifetime Membership Certificate of Authenticity from the publisher
    • Vintage car club-style TRJ Lifetime Member courtesy cards
    The enthusiastic response to these limited offers have been eye opening. We thank you for your unmatched support of The Rodder’s Journal and we look forward to another 20 years filled with traditional hot rods and custom cars.

To purchase in the United States, click here. For international orders, click here.

Cheers!
    Your Friends at The Rodder’s Journal

*Membership is limited to the first 400 people. Membership is non-refundable and non-transferable.

Attached Files:

24. Well Dang! the count down is ON! :) So that's what 11 for us easties?

25. elgringo71

elgringo71

Bumping this to the top for those that missed out, here is your chance

26. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I'm going to get in on this if I can this time :)

27. twenty8tudor

twenty8tudor
    from Ohio

I'm going to be at the computer and phone startling at 10:30 eastern time and refreshing the page like an eBay auction so I can try to get in on this.. Missed the last one by 20 mins.. Not this time I hope haha

28. elgringo71

elgringo71

29. The stickers will go on my toolbox I guess..... I don't typically do stickers on cars. The timing tag? I'm going to mount it on my '63 VW Bug in anticipation of TRJ's newest venture - TVWJ.

JH

30. twenty8tudor

twenty8tudor
    from Ohio

is it bad that im waiting while at work.....???

trj.jpg

have all my info typed in so i can copy and paste it quicker... hahaha