Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration TJR lifetime memberships

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mcmopar, Jun 3, 2015.

1. belair

belair

Happy 2 month late birthday to meeee.

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Valid concern for the print industry. I can tell you this though - Coonan, Curt, Geoff, Joey... They do this out of passion... and they do it better than anyone in our industry EVER has. Think about it - TRJ is the best hot rod publication EVER fucking printing.

It's easy to take that for granted though. It's easy to forget to flip through your latest copy and just stick it on a shelf without much thought. It then becomes easy to forget to renew your subscription. I get all of that... and I've done it.

But at the end of the day, I think we all need to keep this thing in perspective. Books don't get better than TRJ - and I say this as a guy that has a book for sale right now too. Frankly, I think most folks owe it to the industry to support this book. I truly, truly mean that.

TRJ, 63fairlane, WDobos and 5 others like this.
  3. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Well said Boss, just did my life sub. Gary:D

4. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Pretty GOOD DEAL so I'm in! Now I'll have a reason to get my glasses fixed!

Elrod likes this.
  5. town sedan

town sedan

Joecool, I understand your concerns. I once had a brewing publication close their doors about 30 seconds after cashing my renewal check. When R & C folded Janet tried to stick me with Motor Trend. Stupid Janet, got that changed to Hot Rod Deluxe.

I don't believe that Ryan would associate with cheep bastards that would try such a dirty trick. You got to have some trust, but it can be hard at times. -Dave

6. I just hope I have a long "lifetime".:D

i.rant and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  7. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I certainly put my money where my mouth is... I just bought one.

trj2.jpg

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. redo32

redo32

After I figured out what was going here and this was a "real" deal, I went to my email and clicked on the offer. It said it was no longer available so I called the 8oo number. The nice lady took my cc number, but stated she didn't know yet how many were sold. I mentioned that I received the email at 3:30 am and that I rarely check my email in my sleep. If the East coast got the email at the same time, they got an unfair advantage to buy the lifetime membership before the West coast was even awake. Hopefully it was just the online store backed up and I got in with the phone call. Maybe Steve will allocate the memberships to each time zone. And thanks to you guys too, I might not have read my email for another couple of hours.

9. Elrod

Elrod

Yep. Looks to be sold out now. Damn I'm glad I got it when I did. I'm a happy happy TRJ subscriber... For LIFE!

10. You and me both Don!

I'm already the same age as Caitlyn! icon_lol.gif HRP

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  11. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Appears to be sold out. I didn't jump on it when I first saw it in my email yesterday.

12. Murphy32

Murphy32
    from Minnesota

We snooze, we lose.

13. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

WOW! 500 went pretty fast! Glad I made the cut!

14. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Makes me smile... Good for TRJ man.

WDobos likes this.
  15. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

All sold out as of 11:51 AM central time. I tried several times to call and just could not get through. Congrats to those who got in on the dealio!

16. All sold out as of 11:51 AM central time. I tried several times to call and just could not get through. Congrats to those who got in on the dealio!

Yup, I was not the sharpest tool in the shed and left a message.

When I finally did call back and get through, they confirmed that they were sold out...

17. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Glad I got mine in, in time!
    Hope I live a long time, and so does TRJ!
    KK

18. Elrod

Elrod

Yup. The official word. Huge thanks TRJ!

Attached Files:

19. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

I am only 40 years old, so I should get my money's worth. I did just sign up for a year subscription in January, I guess that just helps everyone. I am happy I got one. Long live TRJ.:D

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  20. Shit! I live on the west coast, and this was sold out about the time I get out of bed.... 'course, I am retired so why get up early....

21. Proud to be a lifer!
    It just doesn't get any better than TRJ.

22. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

Seems like they are calling back anyone who left a message, up until 9:30am west coast time and honoring the deal.

23. Yeah,sold out quick. HRP

[​IMG]

We’d like to thank everyone who was able to participate in our Lifetime Subscription offer. Much to our surprise, they sold out in just under two hours. Due to the large number of calls and online orders, processing will take us several days.

For those of you who received a confirmation number in your order email, spoke with a sales associate, or left a voicemail before 9:30 a.m. West Coast time with your name and phone number, you will get a Lifetime Subscription. (We will contact those who left voicemails to complete your orders.)

Currently, there are no more of these limited-edition subscriptions available, but more exclusive offers are in the works. Thank you again for your continued support of TRJ.

Cheers!
    Your Friends at The Rodder’s Journal

WDobos and lothiandon1940 like this.
  24. Elrod

Elrod

Sounds like there may be some tags stamped with numbers higher than 500. :)

25. Missed the boat on this one! And I have every one since #1. Dang!
    Sure hope that it doesn't become something like that old Bob Drake catalog fiasco.

26. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

I guess I'll have to start checking my emails a little earlier , missed it by an hour .

27. Mr 42

Mr 42
    from Sweden

Sometimes it's good to live i Sweden, i got the mail in the middle of my day :) Signed up directly.
    If TRJ goes belly upp tomorrow i will se it as backpayment for all the outstanding magazines, and i got hem all :)

WDobos likes this.
  28. I kind of get nervous about "Lifetime deals". Is it my lifetime, or theirs? I know Steve is a stand up guy, but damn, I just got burned on 3 years of R&C. I guess if you got 4 years of TRJ on this deal, you'd come out even anyway. Hell, at my age, I don't know how much more lifetime there is left. I'll keep buying TRJ a year at a time.

29. I didn't see this till later today, but for those of us who didn't get in on it, we will just have to keep our eyes open for the exclusive offers mentioned.
    It would be interesting how many overseas people signed up at $300.
    Well done TRJ, as mentioned earlier, you guys are a class act.

30. Looks like us poor sods in kiwiville & Oz missed out......lol...........I checked my emails at 7am this morning and there was the offer with the bad luck, you lose email after it......lol........oh well got every issue via Larry at Graffiti here in Oz and we usually get it earlier that the States so will continue this way..............but I must admit I am a little curious why it was done, seems the number offered, 500, would not have generated that much extra, I appreciate that the RJ guys are rodders and am not complaining as such, just it made me a little concerned actually..........anyway good luck to those that got it.......regards, Andy Douglas