Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration TJR lifetime memberships

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mcmopar, Jun 3, 2015.

1. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

I just sat down at my computer, had a cup of coffee in my hand, and decided to look into my email. Then all of a sudden my eyes popped open when I saw a lifetime membership offer to The Rodders Journal. This can't be possible, yep it is, and I own 1. Thanks TJR.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. Helge71

Helge71
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Me too...what a great idea. I normally always forget to renew subscriptions...one problem less here.

3. Paul

Paul
    Editor

4. Mr 42

Mr 42
    from Sweden

Me too.. :)
    Have a small problem since the only charged me the 200$, since i live in Sweden i thought it would be 300$.
    But i have sent them a mail and hopfully it will be solved.
    A great 60'th birthday present to myself :)

5. maplefrm

maplefrm
    from Central IL

I ordered my subscription too, seems like a great deal. With only 500 available these should sell out about as fast as the H.A.M.B. shift knobs. Thanks TRJ.

6. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

got it done as well

7. ...........................................If I had known I would have saved my money and just borrowed yours.;):D

hrm2k likes this.
  8. Im on their page, but not seeing it. Was this an offer for current subscribers only ??

9. You and me both brother,I just signed up! HRP

Rodders-Journal-Lifetime-Sub-X2.jpg

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  10. ................Current subs got the e-mail.

11. 5window

5window

Looks good, but I am just pessimistic enough to wonder if this isn't a last gasp effort to raise money to continue publishing? Sure hope not, as I love the TRJ.

12. ...................................Thought about that. Sure hope it's not the case.

13. thequietwon

thequietwon

If that was the case I would think that the offer would be available to everyone, not just current subscribers. I just bought a lifetime subscription as well...
    Sam

14. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

15. I sent you a PM. HRP

16. Me too................

17. Elrod

Elrod

It's a great way for the magazine to generate $100,000 in the matter of hours. I signed up! But as I was doing so, I couldn't help but feeling like I was double paying for the few years of subscription I had already paid for. for me this means I'm committing for the next 7 years which I would do anyway. Hope they are around (and still have the energy to do it) for another 20! I know I would continue to enjoy this magazine for the rest of their life. I know they wouldnt put out a crappy issue before closing their doors so I'm not concerned about there ever being a declining quality. Happy to support the print guys!

18. I felt the same way after recently renewed my Alliance Membership/TRJ combination deal but what the heck I know I wont miss any issues because I forget to renew. HRP

19. rockfish

rockfish

Same thought crossed my mind for a second too, but they've always been a class operation and have provided me with great customer service and a great magazine so I just signed up. I'm feelin' lucky!

20. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

I have every issue and would HOPE that Steve would not do this to his loyal readers.
    TRJ has always been the best Hot Rod/Custom periodical available, I hope for many more years of top notch reading!
    As a side note, I was hoping to go to TRJ Reunion this year but based on the atmosphere in Baltimore I am glad it was cancelled. Maybe next year!
    Long Live The Rodders Journal!
    KK

WDobos likes this.
  21. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I didn't get that email......

22. town sedan

town sedan

Thank you for the heads up. Just checked my e-mail and signed up for life. Missed out on the latest shift knob sale, but didn't want to miss this. Besides I was going to renew my subscription latter this month anyway.
    -Dave

23. gbrown

gbrown

24. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

25. .............................Might want to check to make sure they have your e-mail address on record.:) Still, I think it's open to anyone..........See Ryan's post. ................................You type faster than me, Ryan.:)

26. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

I guess there is something wrong with me,after having three magazines close down this year I just can't risk the chance. Did anyone ask them how they know when you die? My guess is as time goes by and hundreds of lifetime members are not needing to renew their current subscriptions they won't be able to support all the members.
    I hope not they have a good magazine.

27. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

This is brilliant marketing strategy...send out offers for lifetime membership to all the old farts here that might not make it another few years! :D

28. banjorear

banjorear

If I didn't re-up for two this year, I'd be in. Best of luck to them and seems like a cool package.