Register now to get rid of these ads!

Just joined

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Rowen love, May 29, 2015.

1. Howdy folks, my names Rowen n i live in Woodland, Ca. a new acquaintance told me I should come here ta look around n meet some folks. I have a 55 Crown Vic and I intend ta build me a Kool mild hot rod out of her. I'd like ta build a mild Y block or perhaps a newer small block, 302, 351, ta keep her pure with a more modern, mebe C4, trans. She's pretty much bone stock w/272 2bbl. She runs fine for now so I'd like ta start with the suspension. Any suggestions on the best way to improve handling will be appreciated. I know there are kits out there to switch to disc set up so that's not really what I'm lookin for here. She has manual steering n that's where I would like to start. I'm new ta "building" a car so any pointers will really go a long way. I'm a fair wrench win given good direction. So, that's my intro, n I'm happy ta be here. Hope ta meet lots o new friends. I should mention she's solid and purty. She doesn't need body work or an interior just the mechs upgraded. Thanks

Attached Files:

lothiandon1940 and hallrods like this.
  2. Nice crown vic...your build plans would seem to fit in here just fine. We have a solid Y-block contingent here and if you use the search-function, you can find guys racing them at Bonneville with several links to their efforts on video....
    My last Y-block was a 55 fairlane 2 door, 272/3 speed stick.....stock as a rock except for a pertronix and 49 ford 16" rear wheels and big tires....almost a clone of my old high school car...great cars! 55athelens9_09.jpg

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. Sweet '55, Rocky. Bet you wish that one hadn't gotten away.:(.........Welcome Rowen love. Enjoy your HAMBtime.:)

4. Thanks guys fer th generous welcome!! Rocky, nice ride my friend!! Sounds like she's along the same lines I want ta go. Jus wanna turn th key go (with mebe a smokie burn out here n there) :0) !! Gonna head over ta th forums n see what I kin see. Thanks again fer the welcome

5. SicSpeed

SicSpeed
    from Idaho

Welcome , love those, I had a couple 55 Crown Vicks years ago. One had a 292 and the nice one had a 390. Those Y blocks seem to run forever. My first one had the 292 in the trunk in pieces when I brought it home. I was 18 and my friend and I just cleaned up the parts and put it back together with nothing more than a gasket set. Drove that car for 4 years to work and everywhere before needing a valve job.

6. Welcome! Good to have you here.