Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage RWYB-Reynolds, GA Dec. 5, 2015

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, May 11, 2015.

1. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Nice looking heads Bobby, it's gotten to the point that our well used by now iron heads need so much machine work that costs like Hell to get done the right way, that it's about as cheap to get some aluminum heads. CNC machines have changed the whole equation on engine parts that can be made of aluminum. Mine on BGII are Trick Flow.
    Tudor, I'll send a "conversation",( Dammit Ryan, "PM" is a Helluva lot easier to type), to REG soon as I find a chance now that you've filled me in via phone.
    Haven't heard back from Ed yet, after holiday is over, I'll try again, so as to get answers to questions.

2. DOM - I think it's REJ not REG incase you go to looking for him :)

Capt Mullet - What's the story on the Pro Maxx heads, never heard of them.

DOM is so right - by the time you take a set of iron heads and can actually find someone that knows what they are doing with the anymore, the aluminum heads are light years less expensive and flow so much better. But if you have to be TRAD then you need the double hump lol

That's what I did on the digger - Had to have the right heads.

3. captmullette

captmullette

DOM, found these on the internet and then found this video which impressed me enough to buy them....actually there are 6 of these videos and they are very informative of heads and porting, but this one kinda sums them uphttps://youtu.be/4op2k_k301E

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  4. captmullette

captmullette

5. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

DOM,thanks for the message, and thanks to Josh for reminding you. I plan on being there for sure.

6. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

REJ, thank you for thanking them both.

Dog_Patch likes this.
  7. RWYB 2015 Flyer  webpage friendly.png Temporary flyer revision

Last edited: May 28, 2015
    Dog_Patch likes this.
  8. captmullette

captmullette

9. captmullette

captmullette

10. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Nice looking heads Bobby, and I like the concept on the stronger deck. I bought my heads fron a guy who had run them about 20-25 runs on a drag only car. Sorta wish I had researched a bit more before I bought them, but really, for BGII, which is street driven for about 95% of it's miles, they're OK. With no roll bars and only a lap belt (where are you gonna attach a shoulder harness?), I'm going about as fast as I want to go anyhow.
    GAOldsman tells me you're building a 383 stroker. What is compression ratio? Race gas only?
    He and I just had a discussion on phone about his temporary flyer, and he's going to change the part of it about "pre '72 only". We want everyone to feel they are welcome to come and run that day, and join in on all the fun, including the campfire circle and camping that night. Our event isn't large enough to start any restrictions on who runs what!
    But please understand that whatever we do about trophies and awards after the races are done will be for pre '72 vehicles, after all it is billed as Nostalgia Drags!
    Ed and I talked this week and I'll try now to pass along a few things we discussed. If you want to come down and watch or race on Fri night 11/06/15, just pay either $25 for car and driver and $10 each for those with you, which gets you a tech card for Fri. night's test and tune, or simply $10 head to watch and camp Fri. night.
    Then for Sat. come back up to ticket booth and get tech card and spectator tickets for Sat., after the gate opens, which will be around noon I guess. Again $25 for racer and car and $10 for spectators and crew. As in the past, no discount on car loads, but I'll have to check back with Ed on track policy on what age child gets in free. Just didn't think about that as my "child" is 53, LOL!!!! Maybe Scot or someone else can jump in with that info.
    Ed is going to instruct his crew to cut up the wood to firewood lengths and stack it when they cut down the large hardwood that has died there where most of us have been pitting and setting up camp, campfire circle and Sat. night party.
    What ever your question may be please post it here on this thread so that all interested may see the question and the answer. That might save them from having to ask the same question, after all this IS a forum:)

stealthcruiser likes this.
  11. captmullette

captmullette

yea DOM, they seem to be good heads, all the machining is done here in Alabama...and the price was great $860 shipped, compression is gonna be 11 to 1, 93 octane, I can get 100 at the airport for about $5.50 a gal.just spent $800 on my block, torque plate bored 40 over, line honed, decked 10 thousandths clearenced, hp cam bearings,...bought a skip white all forged rotating assembly, scat crank, rods wiseco pistons etc. .....now im broke. as for the flyer , good idea on the pre 72 omission, and firewood, I hope to have my car together by then , still need about $500 more parts, anyway take care and ill be standing by.....BT

12. Dave... Look up ^^^ Last edited: Today at 12:07 PM :D

Temporary flyer revision

[​IMG]

This should suffice until we can get a better one from Andrew. He killed it last year on that flyer :cool:

13. Bobby that sounds like one stout mill brother :cool: Too bad about your sore pocketbook, when all your gonna see is these '49ish? Merc tail lights on the back of this '35 Dodge ;) :cool:

[​IMG]

:D :D :D

14. captmullette

captmullette

ha...ha...ha.... lol ....lmao......good deal scot, I think you have nailed it.....great pic by the way ....what happened to the bad ass truck from savannah..........I need me some trash talk....

GAOldsman likes this.
  15. Carl5Coupe

Carl5Coupe
    from Buford Ga

Great place to show and go for sure, See ya there!!

GAOldsman likes this.
  16. Nice pic of your rear end Scot! You should put it on Butt Book :D

GAOldsman and captmullette like this.
  17. Carl5Coupe

Carl5Coupe
    from Buford Ga

Yep. Agreed

GAOldsman likes this.
  18. Is that like that insty-germ application thingy? Does that werk on flip phones? :confused: :D :D

19. chopped

chopped

Ten years want buy in the blink of a eye. Glad I got to race the first couple of them.

GAOldsman likes this.
  20. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

Did Dirty Old Man hack your account? :p

GAOldsman and stealthcruiser like this.
  21. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

OOPS!!!!!!!!!! Nobody's posted since last Fri. afternoon, better bump this back up the line to the top!!

22. Latest rendering from Big Andrew :cool:

[​IMG]

23. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Just to make it clear to ALL, reference "pre'72 only" is for any recognition that may be given for low et, best paint, or anything to do with Nostalgia Show or Go event.
    Don't even think for a minute that you aren't welcome and wanted at this event, whatever you drive. Your racing will be welcome as test and tune only, and while you can expect folks to be eyeballing your ride, it just won't be a trophy winner, that's what's for NOSTALGIA, pre '72 only.
    Come one come all, have fun, race & spectate, camp join our campfire, whatever.l The object and intent is fun for all.

captmullette and GAOldsman like this.
  24. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Talked yesterday evening with Jimmy "Redsled" Whitley, and he once again is going to help us out with a great big grill for all to use for supper after races on Sat. Only question right now is whether it will be charcoal as in the past, or a propane fueled unit. If it's charcoal, all will need to bring some charcoal, as that big ol' grill eats it! Propane, we'll bring an extra tank. Will announce which one we'll have when time gets closer.
    But the main thing for now is that if you're planning on Sat. supper, we'll have a grill for all to use.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
    GAOldsman and stealthcruiser like this.
  25. upload_2015-6-1_19-0-43.png
    My little princess is helping me get the old girl ready, don't know if Ill make it but we will try hard.

GAOldsman and tylercrawford like this.
  26. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Damn, this thread drops like a rock if I turn my back! BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!

27. BAD A

BAD A

Well. I am getting over knee surgery. Plus a lower back injury. And they closed down the plant, where the wife & I work. I think. I am just going to retire. She found another job. But it only pays her about 1/2, of what she was making. I am just now getting the tranny, and converter rebuilt. From where it blew up, on the dyno last year. We will see how everything goes. But with a little luck. And GOD willing. We are going to try and come this year. But it seems like every time, we try to come, something goes wrong, and we never get to make it. we will see this year. So guys, not much trash talk from me, until the race gets closer. And I am sure we are coming. BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU GUYS CAN'T. JUST GO ON AND BASH ME IF YOU LIKE......:):D

dirty old man and GAOldsman like this.
  28. captmullette

captmullette

damn it man.....sounds like your family has got a full share of bad luck....hope life backs off a little for you and to see you at RWYB...take care

29. BAD A

BAD A

Thanks

Yea. It seams we just can't catch a break lately. And to top it all off, my wife cut her hand at work, yesterday. And had to get 5 stitches. WHEN IT RAINS IT POURS.

30. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Bad A, sorry to hear of all the troubles yall are having. Seems like when it rains, it pours.
    Sure hope things turn around for you and family.